Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1281
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    No..
    As usual. You are wrong again.
    You took his words out of context to draw the conclusions you did.
    You had to, because in context they are not disparaging, of hatred or of intolerance.
    Only out of context can you suggest such.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #1282
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    As usual. You are wrong again.
    You took his words out of context to draw the conclusions you did.
    You had to, because in context they are not disparaging, of hatred or of intolerance.
    Only out of context can you suggest such.
    No.


    .
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #1283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Not really, the world is much more complex than you realize. Your simple stereotypes and generalizations don't hold water and when faced with a reality that contradicts them you just deny it. Whats wrong is your ego too fragile, is your brain too weak, something else maybe? Well regardless of what it I hope you overcome it and realize that thinking "if he really were a military officer he would say such and such a thing, and do such and such a thing" is really stupid and completely baseless. This is especially true since you have no military experience whatsoever, and don't claim to have any real knowledge of how the military works, but you still don't see a problem with maintaining a stereotype of what military members "should look like." Maybe its arrogance thats your problem.
    You said "its a shame that this could end in a shoot out that could cost the lives of several law enforcement officers, but the more of these ****s that die the better off we'd all be".

    You have also repeatedly stated you are a current US military officer.

    So you tell me, how are statements advocating for the death of civilians by the same govt that YOU currently work for generally tolerated by your employer?

    I wonder how your CO would feel about you as a military officer saying "the more of these ****s that die the better off we'd all be" in reference to American citizens, here in the US. What do you think?

  4. #1284
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    No..
    You are wrong again. As usual.
    His words were words of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #1285
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are wrong again. As usual.
    No.




    .
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #1286
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    No..
    His words were words of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    So you are again wrong as usual, and that obviously isn't going to change.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #1287
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    So you are again wrong as usual, and that obviously isn't going to change.
    Hilariously incorrect.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #1288
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Hilariously incorrect.
    Yes you are.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #1289
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes you are.
    I've explained myself clearly.

    I did not take words out of context, I simply interpreted what he said differently than you.

    But you won't accept that, and keep responding with the same statement over and over.

    It's kinda sad.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #1290
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I did not take words out of context,
    Yes you did.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I simply interpreted what he said differently than you.
    By taking his words out of context.
    Because in context, his words are of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.



    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    But you won't accept that, and keep responding with the same statement over and over.
    Because you are being dishonest by saying you didn't take them out of context when you have.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    It's kinda sad.
    Yes your dishonesty is sad and troubling.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •