Page 125 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1241
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I didn't see/hear that.
    And yet it was right there in front of your face.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #1242
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And yet it was right there in front of your face.
    I saw the same words you did.

    However apparently we got different meanings from them.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #1243
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I saw the same words you did.

    However apparently we got different meanings from them.
    No. Apparently you do not understand how words add context.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #1244
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,414
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I had a different take on those words.

    To me, they highlight Bundy's main problem - being uninformed and not realizing it.
    It seems you are the one who is uninformed and fail to realize it. You do a bang-up job showing why below.

    At some point in the past, Bundy saw some black persons in the situation he describes, and has applied that single data point to all black people everywhere.
    He decribes north Vegas, and correctly ascribes the sad situation much of black America finds itself... and this after much government "assistance".

    I think you really need to read a little from men like Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Clarence Thomas and Alan Keyes.

    It is this faulty assumption that, IMO, makes him an unwitting racist.
    The decay of black America isn't a faulty assumption, nor is the role of government in the decay. You are the one who cannot see reality from wherever you are seated.

    Economist Thomas Sowell argues that the significant expansion of federal welfare under the Great Society programs beginning in the 1960s contributed to the destruction of African American families. Sowell has argued that "the black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life."

    War on Poverty Revisited | Capitalism MagazineCapitalism Magazine

    Obama and his Marxist poverty pimp mentality hasn't only added to the problem, he has made things worse by failing to recognize what has historically helped create better lives.

    The poverty rate for blacks sharply increased, rising from 12 percent in 2008 to 16.1 percent Wednesday. Median income declined by 3.6 percent for white households to $58,000, but fell 10.9 percent to $33,500 for black households, Census Bureau figures show.

    "The data is going to indicate sadly that when the Obama administration is over, black people will have lost ground in every single leading economic indicator category," Tavis Smiley, a black radio talk-show host, said on Fox News in October. "On that regard, the president ought to be held responsible."

    While blacks turned out in record numbers to support Obama in 2012, many are becoming more vocal about the lack of progress for African-Americans.

    "I don't know how much he has done or how much his policies are responsible for the current state of blacks in America. What I do know is that we are worse off than we were when he came into office," Harry Alford, president of the National Black Chamber of Commerce, told Newsmax.

    Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Race Gap: Blacks Fall Further Behind Under Obama
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #1245
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    It seems you are the one who is uninformed and fail to realize it. You do a bang-up job showing why below.


    He decribes north Vegas, and correctly ascribes the sad situation much of black America finds itself... and this after much government "assistance".

    I think you really need to read a little from men like Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Clarence Thomas and Alan Keyes.


    The decay of black America isn't a faulty assumption, nor is the role of government in the decay. You are the one who cannot see reality from wherever you are seated.




    Obama and his Marxist poverty pimp mentality hasn't only added to the problem, he has made things worse by failing to recognize what has historically helped create better lives.
    Obama did all that to Vegas? I knew he was a powerful figure, but wow.

  6. #1246
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,878

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I think you really need to read a little from men like Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Clarence Thomas and Alan Keyes.
    I stopped reading there lol. Talk about three hacks and the most useless SCOTUS justice in the history of the high court.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #1247
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I stopped reading there lol. Talk about three hacks and the most useless SCOTUS justice in the history of the high court.
    Silly me, I read further than you!

  8. #1248
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    It seems you are the one who is uninformed and fail to realize it. You do a bang-up job showing why below.
    I disagree.


    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    He decribes north Vegas, and correctly ascribes the sad situation much of black America finds itself... and this after much government "assistance".
    More or less accurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I think you really need to read a little from men like Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Clarence Thomas and Alan Keyes.
    Not sure how that's related.

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The decay of black America isn't a faulty assumption, nor is the role of government in the decay. You are the one who cannot see reality from wherever you are seated.
    That wasn't the faulty assumption he made. The faulty assumption was in his generalization.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #1249
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,414
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    That wasn't the faulty assumption he made. The faulty assumption was in his generalization.
    I've asked everyone to post the quote in full to point out where he was racist.

    One person tried and they failed.

    Nobody else has touched it in context... Nobody. It's not a difficult task, except for those who read the quote and realize it's not racist.

    ... and Bundy's assumption wasn't faulty. If his is... so is Sowell's, Alan Keyes, Clarence Thomas and Walter Williams. I'll side with them. You can believe the BS from the Party of Poverty Pimps... Demokrats.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #1250
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,414
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I stopped reading there lol. Talk about three hacks and the most useless SCOTUS justice in the history of the high court.
    Yeah... Sowell, a former far Lefty turned Conservative, like von Mises... a hack. And the other three "useless". Quite the character assisination coming from well... ROTFLOL... a real man of mental agility.

    A narrow mind must be a wonderful thing to have.

    The only thing you've seemingly forgotten the typical leftist bit about some Uncle...

    As you were.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •