Page 124 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1231
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    *snip for brevity*
    I had a different take on those words.

    To me, they highlight Bundy's main problem - being uninformed and not realizing it.

    At some point in the past, Bundy saw some black persons in the situation he describes, and has applied that single data point to all black people everywhere.

    It is this faulty assumption that, IMO, makes him an unwitting racist.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #1232
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    And again, you said that words of concern can't be racist. You can't run away from that.

    Like I said: "Are you again making things up?"
    If you don't understand that, it is a challenge for evidence. Duh!


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Now here are Cliven Bundy's comments, IN CONTEXT,

    Wrong. You are substituting what you want the context to be, for his.

    He was speaking of the deleterious effects welfare has had on those Negroes receiving it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Let's examine this quote. Here's what Bundy is saying: black people are addicted to welfare, which makes their lives empty and meaningless, so they resort to a lifestyle of violence and sex. As slaves, their lives were better than they are now, because they were forced by their white masters to adhere to family values when they were on the plantation.
    Wrong. This in nothing other than the manifestations of your convoluted thoughts.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    You have repeatedly asserted that Bundy wasn't talking about all black people. He was. He said "these are things I know about the negroes." He is obviously saying that in general, black people are living off of entitlement programs, and are violent people. And it's because "they never learned to pick cotton." What are you missing here? You somehow believe that Bundy announces that he "knows about the negroes," and you're saying that he just means a select few of them?
    Nothing but more manifestations of your convoluted thoughts.
    So again as previously replied to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Now as to your assertion that Bundy was only talking about black people on welfare.
    And he was, it became clear as soon as he said "government houses" and was even more clear when he said "on government subsidy". Those were the "negros" he was speaking about in context.
    Yet we have folks that do not understand that, and want to take what he said out of context to say he was speaking about all.
    Well they are just wrong.
    He was specifically speaking of those on welfare.
    Refusal to see that is willful blindness
    .

    Your position is convoluted and untenable.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    The implication that black people are all violent, child aborting welfare abusers -- and his speculation as to why this is -- clearly indicates that he thinks of black people as an inferior race. Perhaps you could argue that Bundy is saying that their inferiority is due to societal reasons and not biological reasons, but that's the best I'd accept.
    Out of context, convoluted bs.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I think I have proven you wrong on that point to the satisfaction of all rational people on that point.

    You in your convoluted thoughts believe that you have proven someone wrong (iLOL), when all reality all you have done is shown your thought to be convoluted and your position untenable.





    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I had a different take on those words.

    To me, they highlight Bundy's main problem - being uninformed and not realizing it.

    At some point in the past, Bundy saw some black persons in the situation he describes, and has applied that single data point to all black people everywhere.

    It is this faulty assumption that, IMO, makes him an unwitting racist.
    You can not be unwittingly racist in this case.
    That is an absurd position.

    His words were of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance. Nor did they even suggest he thought his race was superior.
    All the things that could make something racist, just are not there.
    And no. He spoke specifically of the Negroes he knew about on welfare.

    At no time did he ever say or imply all that all negroes were on welfare.
    To even assert such you have to take what he says out of context.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #1233
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,588

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Like I said: "Are you again making things up?"
    If you don't understand that, it is a challenge for evidence. Duh!
    The problem with discussing this issue with you is that you don't explain your position. All you say is "you're wrong," but you don't refute assertions. The refutation of an assertion is essential to a debate. You must use logic or evidence to refute my assertions and if you feel you have done so successfully, then you may say "you're wrong" and it will mean something. So I welcome you to respond to my previous post once again and refute my assertions using logic and examples from the relevant text. Just because you disagree with my opinion doesn't mean I'm wrong.
    A working class hero is something to be

  4. #1234
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You can not be unwittingly racist in this case.
    That is an absurd position.

    His words were of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance. Nor did they even suggest he thought his race was superior.
    All the things that could make something racist, just are not there.
    And no. He spoke specifically of the Negroes he knew about on welfare.

    At no time did he ever say or imply all that all negroes were on welfare.
    To even assert such you have to take what he says out of context.
    When I heard him talk, it sounded like he was referring to all black persons, based on what he saw once.

    It may be that he meant specifically black persons on welfare, but at no point in his statement was that at all clarified, after his initial line on the topic which implied ALL.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #1235
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    The problem with discussing this issue with you is that you don't explain your position. All you say is "you're wrong," but you don't refute assertions. The refutation of an assertion is essential to a debate. You must use logic or evidence to refute my assertions and if you feel you have done so successfully, then you may say "you're wrong" and it will mean something. So I welcome you to respond to my previous post once again and refute my assertions using logic and examples from the relevant text. Just because you disagree with my opinion doesn't mean I'm wrong.

    And you are again wrong.
    Figures.





    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    When I heard him talk, it sounded like he was referring to all black persons, based on what he saw once.

    It may be that he meant specifically black persons on welfare, but at no point in his statement was that at all clarified, after his initial line on the topic which implied ALL.
    Which would be you not following what he is saying in context.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And he was, it became clear as soon as he said "government houses" and was even more clear when he said "on government subsidy". Those were the "negros" he was speaking about in context.
    Yet we have folks that do not understand that, and want to take what he said out of context to say he was speaking about all.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #1236
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    And you are again wrong.
    Figures.





    Which would be you not following what he is saying in context.
    He was using those terms in the context of talking about "the negro", in a general way.

    Why is why I saw it the way I did.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #1237
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    He was using those terms in the context of talking about "the negro", in a general way.

    Why is why I saw it the way I did.
    Yes we know how you saw it. It is out of context to that which he was speaking.
    He was specifically speaking of those who receive gov welfare.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #1238
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes we know how you saw it. It is out of context to that which he was speaking.
    He was specifically speaking of those who receive gov welfare.
    It's not out of context.

    It's just a different take on the same words.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #1239
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    It's not out of context.

    It's just a different take on the same words.
    Yes it is out of context because he was specific as to whom he was speaking.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #1240
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes it is out of context because he was specific as to whom he was speaking.
    I didn't see/hear that.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •