Page 123 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1221
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The only ones who decide facts are racist are racists.

    I'm not shocked that you don't get it. And I don't really care. If you rely on Excon, you've no hope. Spew racist crap all you want.
    Ah, so you're a racist then. Got it.

  2. #1222
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,411

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Ah, so you're a racist then. Got it.
    Irony

  3. #1223
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,585

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The facts that Excon posted are facts. You are trying to change facts with sociology. You can't.
    The opinions Excon posts are facts, too. According to him. He's lucky, he doesn't even have to provide valid arguments in support of his claim, because he is incapable of being wrong. That's made for some stimulating debate on this subject!

    It's totally irrelevant to what you said, but a fitting end to this awful, awful thread. And since you were debating the numbers with those guys, I just want to to be aware that you shouldn't be looking at which race has the highest poverty level (or receives the most welfare). The easiest way to guess whether or not a person is poor - if they are a single mother or the child of a single mother. I've often wondered if single mothers would be better off as slaves.
    A working class hero is something to be

  4. #1224
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    The opinions Excon posts are facts, too. According to him. He's lucky, he doesn't even have to provide valid arguments in support of his claim, because he is incapable of being wrong.
    This isn't about me. Or haven't you been taught yet to remain on topic and not discuss others?
    Secondly, you have yet to make a valid argument in or position or rebut the numbers (facts).
    That would be because you can not.





    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The only ones who decide facts are racist are racists.
    Which is what you did in the following post.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You are using facts without (sociological) context or understanding to make racist insinuations. A child can see this. Do you think you're the first person to push this racist crap?

    That is you deciding facts to be racist, which according to you, makes you a racist.
    ďThe law is reason, free from passion.Ē
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #1225
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,585

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    This isn't about me. Or haven't you been taught yet to remain on topic and not discuss others?
    Secondly, you have yet to make a valid argument in or position or rebut the numbers (facts).
    That would be because you can not.
    A) I wasn't aware that this was your forum

    B) You clearly think that I'm somebody else. I never denied that there are a higher percentage of impoverished black people than white people. But I don't think that the color of their skin causes them to be poor. I know that you are much likely to be a poor adult if you are a born into a poor family. Like I said, single mothers and their families - as a group - are more likely to need government assistance than black people. In other words, single mothers are better off as slaves. By which I mean we should enslave them. Because when people say "better off as slaves," it doesn't mean "the government is keeping them down." If that's what I meant, I'd say "they'd be better off if welfare was abolished." So clearly, what I mean was literally "they are better off as slaves." Do you see what I did there?

    And when you respond to every sentence that disagrees with you using brilliant rebuttals such as: "you are wrong. I am right and it cannot be disputed," you really, really deserve to get some grief.
    A working class hero is something to be

  6. #1226
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    A) I wasn't aware that this was your forum
    There are many things that you are not aware of it seems.
    But specifically to this, no one said it was.
    But you did go out of your way to make me the focus of discussion. That is wrong and actually shows you can not support your inane arguments.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Because when people say "better off as slaves," it doesn't mean "the government is keeping them down." If that's what I meant, I'd say "they'd be better off if welfare was abolished." So clearly, what I mean was literally "they are better off as slaves." Do you see what I did there?

    What you did wass show how you might use your language skills, which pertain not to how he used his.
    Duh!


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    And when you respond to every sentence that disagrees with you using brilliant rebuttals such as: "you are wrong. I am right and it cannot be disputed," you really, really deserve to get some grief.
    When you are wrong, you are wrong. I do not deserve any grief for you being wrong.
    ďThe law is reason, free from passion.Ē
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #1227
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    The opinions Excon posts are facts, too. According to him. He's lucky, he doesn't even have to provide valid arguments in support of his claim, because he is incapable of being wrong. That's made for some stimulating debate on this subject!

    It's totally irrelevant to what you said, but a fitting end to this awful, awful thread. And since you were debating the numbers with those guys, I just want to to be aware that you shouldn't be looking at which race has the highest poverty level (or receives the most welfare). The easiest way to guess whether or not a person is poor - if they are a single mother or the child of a single mother. I've often wondered if single mothers would be better off as slaves.
    I have no interest in bashing Excon. If you object to his opinions, please direct that at him, not me. Thanks.

    I was talking about the facts he posted.

  8. #1228
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,585

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    When you are wrong, you are wrong. I do not deserve any grief for you being wrong.
    So then you're standing by your argument that "words of concern" cannot be racist? It is impossible for a person who is speaking out of concern to say something racist, even unintentionally? If you recall my example: "I'm terrible concerned about the blacks, as ever since we allowed them to leave the plantation, they have failed to understand how to be anything other than primitive animals who kill each other instead of learning how to read and write."

    So what I said wasn't racist, because I said it out of concern? According to your own argument, what I just said isn't racist. And your original counter was: "wrong."
    A working class hero is something to be

  9. #1229
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    So then you're standing by your argument that "words of concern" cannot be racist?

    Are you again making things up?



    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    It is impossible for a person who is speaking out of concern to say something racist, even unintentionally?
    Maybe you just do not understand what the word means.
    The man isn't a racist and he said nothing racist.
    He expressed nothing that said his race was superior to another's and he did not disparage, express hatred or intolerance.
    Nothing he said was racist.
    There was nothing racist said. Unintentionally or otherwise.
    You have to take his words out of context to even suggest such and suggesting such is born of ignorance.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    If you recall my example: "I'm terrible concerned about the blacks, as ever since we allowed them to leave the plantation, they have failed to understand how to be anything other than primitive animals who kill each other instead of learning how to read and write."

    So what I said wasn't racist, because I said it out of concern? According to your own argument, what I just said isn't racist. And your original counter was: "wrong."
    Your example is and was irrelevant as stated.
    It isn't even comparable to what he said.
    ďThe law is reason, free from passion.Ē
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #1230
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,585

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Are you again making things up?
    Maybe you just do not understand what the word means.
    The man isn't a racist and he said nothing racist.
    He expressed nothing that said his race was superior to another's and he did not disparage, express hatred or intolerance.
    Nothing he said was racist.
    There was nothing racist said. Unintentionally or otherwise.
    You have to take his words out of context to even suggest such and suggesting such is born of ignorance.
    Your example is and was irrelevant as stated.
    It isn't even comparable to what he said.
    I think we can all agree that racism is the belief that one race is inferior to another race. I know that there are a handful of specific definitions out there, but finding a race to be inferior to another race is pretty much what they all boil down to.

    Now here are Cliven Bundy's comments, IN CONTEXT, and I will tell you exactly why I think they are racist.

    and so what Iíve testified to yaí, I was in the WATTS riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didnít have these things, and they didnít have them.

    Weíve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure donít want to go back; we sure donít want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure donít want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way.

    Let me tell.. talk to you about the Mexicans, and these are just things I know about the negroes. I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro.

    When I go, went, go to Las Vegas, North Las Vegas; and I would see these little government houses, and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kidsÖ. and there was always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch. They didnít have nothing to do. They didnít have nothing for the kids to do. They didnít have nothing for the young girls to do.

    And because they were basically on government subsidy Ė so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton. And Iíve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy?
    Let's examine this quote. Here's what Bundy is saying: black people are addicted to welfare, which makes their lives empty and meaningless, so they resort to a lifestyle of violence and sex. As slaves, their lives were better than they are now, because they were forced by their white masters to adhere to family values when they were on the plantation.

    You have repeatedly asserted that Bundy wasn't talking about all black people. He was. He said "these are things I know about the negroes." He is obviously saying that in general, black people are living off of entitlement programs, and are violent people. And it's because "they never learned to pick cotton." What are you missing here? You somehow believe that Bundy announces that he "knows about the negroes," and you're saying that he just means a select few of them? That's utterly absurd.

    The implication that black people are all violent, child aborting welfare abusers -- and his speculation as to why this is -- clearly indicates that he thinks of black people as an inferior race. Perhaps you could argue that Bundy is saying that their inferiority is due to societal reasons and not biological reasons, but that's the best I'd accept.

    And again, you said that words of concern can't be racist. You can't run away from that. I think I have proven you wrong on that point to the satisfaction of all rational people on that point.
    A working class hero is something to be

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •