Page 120 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1191
    User JW Radcliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-06-14 @ 07:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    139

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    Do you understand law enforcement was carrying out the orders of the court?

    Wait?? How long do they wait? Till he dies?

    This has been going on for a long, long time, court case after court case, all ruling against him, attempts to get him to comply with the law, all for naught.

    Heck, look at this article from 2012

    BLM puts Gold Butte cattle roundup on hold
    April 11, 2012 - 6:07pm


    By Keith RogersLAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

    "Safety concerns for people involved with rounding up hundreds of renegade cattle belonging to Bunkerville rancher Cliven Bundy prompted the Bureau of Land Management to suspend indefinitely its plan to impound the herd, the local BLM manager said Wednesday."

    BLM puts Gold Butte cattle roundup on hold | Las Vegas Review-Journal

    He's been threatening them for a long time and said he would "do whatever it takes" to keep breaking the law of a government he doesn't even agree exists.

    Timeline: http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada/range-war-timeline-even
    Again if support the rule of law then you must support al of it. Seems to me the lefties here only want to enforce the laws that benefit them while ignoring the laws governing the financial judgment

    They seem to have no issue with the Obama Storm Troopers pouring with guns pointed at a rancher and his family while ignoring the due process of collecting a past due bill

    Also I have seen the foreclosure process take as long as 6 to 7 years. Yet I have yet to see a bank send in armed in to take back their property
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives

    Ronald Reagan

  2. #1192
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,441

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by JW Radcliff View Post
    Again if support the rule of law then you must support al of it. Seems to me the lefties here only want to enforce the laws that benefit them while ignoring the laws governing the financial judgment

    They seem to have no issue with the Obama Storm Troopers pouring with guns pointed at a rancher and his family while ignoring the due process of collecting a past due bill

    Also I have seen the foreclosure process take as long as 6 to 7 years. Yet I have yet to see a bank send in armed in to take back their property
    Bundy doesn't "support the rule of law."

    He HAD his due process.

    And he continued to flaunt the law. There's a word for that.

    This isn't "a bank" we're talking about. He's ripping off the Federal government - you and me, and all the other law abiding taxpayers.

    And yes, when you have been found by a court, more than once - to be trespassing -- and you or your property continue to trespass, armed enforcement will be called in.

    having
    arms
    in
    an
    area
    where
    snipers
    were
    pointed
    at
    law
    enforcement,

    does not sound like an out of proportion response,

    especially considering Bundy and his crew have been threatening for years they will do "whatever they have to" to keep the BLM from rounding up his trespass cattle, and reminding the government he doesn't recognize,

    he has guns and will use them against law enforcement.

  3. #1193
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    Bundy doesn't "support the rule of law."

    He HAD his due process.

    And he continued to flaunt the law. There's a word for that.

    This isn't "a bank" we're talking about. He's ripping off the Federal government - you and me, and all the other law abiding taxpayers.

    And yes, when you have been found by a court, more than once - to be trespassing -- and you or your property continue to trespass, armed enforcement will be called in.

    having
    arms
    in
    an
    area
    where
    snipers
    were
    pointed
    at
    law
    enforcement,

    does not sound like an out of proportion response,

    especially considering Bundy and his crew have been threatening for years they will do "whatever they have to" to keep the BLM from rounding up his trespass cattle, and reminding the government he doesn't recognize,

    he has guns and will use them against law enforcement.
    You are exaggerating.
    He does recognize the Federal Gov and their purpose.

    Sooner or later the State will be taking it's land back from the feds who should not have it.
    And Bundy will still graze his cattle, while they fertilize the land with their manure.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #1194
    User JW Radcliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-06-14 @ 07:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    139

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    Bundy doesn't "support the rule of law."

    He HAD his due process.

    And he continued to flaunt the law. There's a word for that.

    This isn't "a bank" we're talking about. He's ripping off the Federal government - you and me, and all the other law abiding taxpayers.

    And yes, when you have been found by a court, more than once - to be trespassing -- and you or your property continue to trespass, armed enforcement will be called in.

    having
    arms
    in
    an
    area
    where
    snipers
    were
    pointed
    at
    law
    enforcement,

    does not sound like an out of proportion response,

    especially considering Bundy and his crew have been threatening for years they will do "whatever they have to" to keep the BLM from rounding up his trespass cattle, and reminding the government he doesn't recognize,

    he has guns and will use them against law enforcement.
    I made it clear that Bundy is wrong. What more do you want form me?

    As far as the people showing support for Bundy - it was the Feds who showed up armed to the teeth all to collect a past due bill. It was typical over reaction and show of force from an admiration that love to flex its muscles in the faces of its own citizens

    And were "shocked" when the serfs tending the fields decided to show up with their own weapons

    BTW Bundy is on the record saying he would surrender to the local sheriff

    Also the local Dem politicians were egging things on with comments like how those supporters had better have made their funeral arrangements in advance.

    But backs down and cowers to our foreign enemies
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #1195
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    No, you are, as already shown.


    He was not disparaging, unintentionally or otherwise.
    He was not unwittingly racist.
    And in context, there were no faulty generalizations or assumptions.

    To even suggest such, you have to take what he said out of context.
    You are incorrect. I took nothing out of context, or at least nothing out of the context I am aware of.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #1196
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    I agree.

    One way to look at this is if a racist makes disparaging or denigrating comments about minorities, does the person realize in their own mind that his or her comments are disparaging, denigrating or racist? Most likely not.
    I don't think bundy is a racist.

    His remarks were, however, unintentionally disparaging of black persons, and therefor unintentionally racist.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #1197
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You are incorrect. I took nothing out of context, or at least nothing out of the context I am aware of.
    I see you want to keep going round and round.
    Figures.
    You are wrong again as previously shown.

    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.

    He was not disparaging, unintentionally or otherwise.
    He was not unwittingly racist.
    And in context, there were no faulty generalizations or assumptions.

    To even suggest such, you have to take what he said out of context.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #1198
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I don't think bundy is a racist.

    His remarks were, however, unintentionally disparaging of black persons, and therefor unintentionally racist.
    I'm not so sure. I believe his comments were, and people have differences of opinions as to what is and what isn't.

  9. #1199
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I see you want to keep going round and round.
    So do you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Figures.
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are wrong again as previously shown.
    I haven't been shown wrong now, let alone previously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.
    Unless you are aware of context that I am not, you are lying. I have repeatedly told you that my position is based on what I heard Bundy say, in context.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He was not disparaging, unintentionally or otherwise.
    Yes he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He was not unwittingly racist.
    Yes he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And in context, there were no faulty generalizations or assumptions.
    That's laughably false. There are so many faulty assumptions and generalizations it's painful to listen to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    To even suggest such, you have to take what he said out of context.
    I do not.

    I think YOU are the one taking things out of context.

    That, or you're aware of context that I am not.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #1200
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    So do you.
    Yep.
    I haven't been shown wrong now, let alone previously.

    Unless you are aware of context that I am not, you are lying. I have repeatedly told you that my position is based on what I heard Bundy say, in context.

    Yes he was.
    Yes he was.
    That's laughably false. There are so many faulty assumptions and generalizations it's painful to listen to.

    I do not.

    I think YOU are the one taking things out of context.

    That, or you're aware of context that I am not.
    I see you want to keep going round and round.
    Figures.
    You are wrong again as previously shown.

    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.

    He was not disparaging, unintentionally or otherwise.
    He was not unwittingly racist.
    And in context, there were no faulty generalizations or assumptions.

    To even suggest such, you have to take what he said out of context.
    It is dishonest to say otherwise.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •