Page 115 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1141
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You are wrong.

    OR you have information that I do not.
    And around and around we go.

    Yes you are wrong, as shown.

    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.

    There was no disparagement, deliberate or otherwise.
    Context is everything.
    Unfortunately you want to take his words out of context to suggest non-disparaging words are unintentionally disparaging.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #1142
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And around and around we go.

    Yes you are wrong, as shown.

    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.

    There was no disparagement, deliberate or otherwise.
    Context is everything.
    Unfortunately you want to take his words out of context to suggest non-disparaging words are unintentionally disparaging.
    You can lie about proving me wrong all you want, it does not make it true.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #1143
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You can lie about proving me wrong all you want, it does not make it true.
    You can lie all you want, you have repeatedly been shown to be wrong.

    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #1144
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You can lie all you want, you have repeatedly been shown to be wrong.

    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.
    That statement in no way proves me wrong.

    It is only a restatement of your position, with no information that shows my position to be false. If stating positions was evidence, we would have on ****ed up court system
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #1145
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    That statement in no way proves me wrong.
    Yeah it does. Intent and context matters.
    You don't just get to say that he was disparaging when he wasn't.
    That is called lunacy.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #1146
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yeah it does. Intent and context matters.
    You don't just get to say that he was disparaging when he wasn't.
    That is called lunacy.
    I heard the same video you did - I agree intent and context matter.

    Yet my conclusion based on what I believe was Bundy's intent, along with the context of the video, based on his tone and word choices, leads me to the opinion that he spoke with concern while unintentionally disparaging black persons.

    Which is why I stated that he was unwittingly racist in his remarks

    He didn't intend to be racist. In fact he is not racist. But he was working off of faulty assumptions and generalizations which, by themselves, disparage black persons...statements based upon them had no chance.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #1147
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    while unintentionally disparaging black persons.

    he was unwittingly racist in his remarks

    But he was working off of faulty assumptions and generalizations which, by themselves, disparage black persons.
    All of which is wrong.
    He was not disparaging, unintentionally or otherwise.
    He was not unwittingly racist either.
    And in context, there were no faulty generalizations or assumptions.

    To even suggest such, you have to take what he said out of context.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #1148
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    All of which is wrong.
    He was not disparaging, unintentionally or otherwise.
    He was not unwittingly racist either.
    And in context, there were no faulty generalizations or assumptions.

    To even suggest such, you have to take what he said out of context.
    Apparently we have different views of the context.

    Because for damn sure I know my position is based on his statements in context as I understand it.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #1149
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    He was not disparaging, unintentionally or otherwise.
    He was not unwittingly racist.
    And in context, there were no faulty generalizations or assumptions.

    To even suggest such, you have to take what he said out of context.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #1150
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He was not disparaging, unintentionally or otherwise.
    He was not unwittingly racist.
    And in context, there were no faulty generalizations or assumptions.

    To even suggest such, you have to take what he said out of context.
    As I understand the context, I am correct.

    Apparently you see his words in a different context.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •