Page 113 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1121
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yay!

    Around and around we go.


    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.
    I do not.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #1122
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I do not.

    Do not?
    Yes you have taken them out of context to suggest such.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #1123
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Do not?
    Yes you have taken them out of context to suggest such.
    I have not. I keep telling you, I listened to bundy speak, and have been telling you what I heard.

    Concern and unintentional disparagement of black persons.

    How can I be taking the video of his statements out of context? He didn't say anything immediately before or after to provide additional context.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #1124
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I have not. I keep telling you, I listened to bundy speak, and have been telling you what I heard.

    Concern and unintentional disparagement of black persons.

    How can I be taking the video of his statements out of context? He didn't say anything immediately before or after to provide additional context.
    And I told you that you were wrong and why.
    So around and around we go.
    There was no disparagement, deliberate or otherwise.

    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #1125
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And I told you that you were wrong and why.
    So around and around we go.
    There was no disparagement, deliberate or otherwise.

    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.
    You are wrong.

    You have not shown me to be wrong.

    If you claim to have done so, you are lying and/or deluding yourself.


    Either that or you somehow have access to contextual data that I have not encountered.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #1126
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You are wrong.

    You have not shown me to be wrong.

    If you claim to have done so, you are lying and/or deluding yourself.


    Either that or you somehow have access to contextual data that I have not encountered.
    He has a way of taking the most obtuse points and justifying to himself why he is correct and nothing anybody says can alter that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #1127
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And I told you that you were wrong and why.
    So around and around we go.
    There was no disparagement, deliberate or otherwise.

    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.
    You have your way of looking at it and I would venture to say that the majority of us disagree and see what Bundy said in the proper context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #1128
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You are wrong.

    You have not shown me to be wrong.

    If you claim to have done so, you are lying and/or deluding yourself.


    Either that or you somehow have access to contextual data that I have not encountered.
    Yes you are wrong and shown to be wrong.
    And you are deluding yourself saying otherwise.

    There was no disparagement, deliberate or otherwise.

    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.
    And that is exactly what you have done.





    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You have your way of looking at it and I would venture to say that the majority of us disagree and see what Bundy said in the proper context.
    And the majority would be wrong.
    It wouldn't be the first time, or even the last.
    In context it was of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    Which makes any claim of racist a foolish claim.


    And your argumentum ad populum is a fallacy and is silly.
    And as such, places your position in the field of fail.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He has a way of taking the most obtuse points and justifying to himself why he is correct and nothing anybody says can alter that.
    There you go talking about yourself. Figures.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #1129
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And the majority would be wrong.
    It wouldn't be the first time, or even the last.
    In context it was of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    Which makes any claim of racist a foolish claim.
    The majority is only wrong if they are wrong. In this case, the majority seem to think like me and since I am right, they are too. And I never claimed he was a racist... just that he is an uneducated idiot.

    And your argumentum ad populum is a fallacy and is silly.
    And as such, places your position in the field of fail.
    If just making that argument was my argument then it would be fallacious. Since I happen to be right then it just makes it a fact and not a fail at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #1130
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The majority is only wrong if they are wrong. In this case, the majority seem to think like me and since I am right, they are too. And I never claimed he was a racist... just that he is an uneducated idiot.
    Then you are butting in and speaking nonsense to the arguments being made.
    Which makes you even more wrong.




    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If just making that argument was my argument then it would be fallacious. Since I happen to be right then it just makes it a fact and not a fail at all.

    And yet you are wrong.
    Go figure.

    In context it was of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    Which makes any claim of racist a foolish claim.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •