Page 112 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1111
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No, it is you who are trying to say he was unintentionally disparaging, when you have to take his words of concern out of context for that to happen.
    Yet I did no such thing.

    His words of concern were unintentionally disparaging. I'm saying that he's concerned, but disparaging at the same time. Unintentionally.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #1112
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Yet I did no such thing.
    Yes you did.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    His words of concern were unintentionally disparaging.
    NO they weren't.
    Words of concern which are not disparaging, are words of concern which are not disparaging.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they were disparaging.
    And that is exactly what you are doing.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I'm saying that he's concerned, but disparaging at the same time. Unintentionally.
    And you are wrong.



    Yay!

    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #1113
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    *snip*
    It appears to me that our main point of disagreement is over what the context of Bundy's statements are.

    I heard hims making somewhat confused statements of concern about the lot of black persons, which were unintentionally disparaging of them due to several faulty assumptions and generalizations.

    You apparently only heard him making somewhat confused statements of concern about the lot of black persons.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #1114
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    It appears to me that our main point of disagreement is over what the context of Bundy's statements are.

    I heard hims making somewhat confused statements of concern about the lot of black persons, which were unintentionally disparaging of them due to several faulty assumptions and generalizations.

    You apparently only heard him making somewhat confused statements of concern about the lot of black persons.
    Yay!



    And you were already shown to be wrong. Nothing he said was disparaging.
    In context, it was of concern for specific segments of the US population.

    You have to take the words out of context for them to be considered disparagement, which is what you are doing.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #1115
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    *snip*
    One of us is applying additional context or ignoring part of the actual context.

    I don't think it's me.

    But, in order to determine whether I am correct in that thought, could you describe what you think Bundy said in your words.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #1116
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    One of us is applying additional context or ignoring part of the actual context.

    I don't think it's me.

    But, in order to determine whether I am correct in that thought, could you describe what you think Bundy said in your words.
    We have already been over this for days.
    You are wrong.
    His words were of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.

    Get over it and drive forward.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #1117
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    We have already been over this for days.
    You are wrong.
    His words were of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.

    Get over it and drive forward.
    You have only convinced yourself and a few others that I am wrong. Several other people, including myself, agree with my position.
    Simply stating that I am wrong does not make it so.

    I'll get over it if/when I am convinced that I am wrong, or that you are wrong.
    As it stands, I think it's just a miscommunication of contexts.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #1118
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You have only convinced yourself and a few others that I am wrong. Several other people, including myself, agree with my position.
    I care not that those who are wrong like you, think you are right.

    It is kind of funny that you would think that.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Simply stating that I am wrong does not make it so.
    Simply stating that you are wrong after you have been shown to be, is more than sufficient to bring the point back around.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #1119
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I care not that those who are wrong like you, think you are right.

    It is kind of funny that you would think that.

    Simply stating that you are wrong after you have been shown to be, is more than sufficient to bring the point back around.
    You have yet to show me to be wrong, unless I missed it.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #1120
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You have yet to show me to be wrong, unless I missed it.
    Yay!

    Around and around we go.


    Words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance, are words of concern that are not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You have to take them out of context to suggest they are of disparagement. Unintentional or otherwise.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •