Page 111 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1101
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    However, his lack of knowledge led him to make statements which disparaged black persons.

    Thus, unintentionally disparaging of black persons.
    And again you are wrong. You have to take his words, which are of concern, out of context to say otherwise.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #1102
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And again you are wrong. You have to take his words, which are of concern, out of context to say otherwise.
    I am not taking his words out of context.

    I completely agree that he was speaking with concern.

    However, his lack of knowledge led him to make statements which disparaged black persons. Thus, unintentionally disparaging, and in turn, unintentionally racist.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #1103
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,481

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Cliven Bundy was wrong no matter how hard you try to defend him.

    With that, I'm done with this conversation.
    When Hanity tossed the the towel in on him it was pretty obvious the guy was wrong.

    There is no need to debate it as it has been already proven.
    Next chapter.

  4. #1104
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I am not taking his words out of context.
    Yes you are.
    In context, his words are of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You claim unintentional disparagement when none exists.
    To claim any such absurd thing, you first have to take his words out of context.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #1105
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes you are.
    In context, his words are of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    You claim unintentional disparagement when none exists.
    To claim any such absurd thing, you first have to take his words out of context.
    How else can I interpret things when his statements clearly display a lack of knowledge combined with faulty assumptions, specifically about black persons, which disparage them?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #1106
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    How else can I interpret things when his statements clearly display a lack of knowledge combined with faulty assumptions, specifically about black persons, which disparage them?
    There was no faulty assumption in context of that which he spoke.

    I would suggest that we just agree to disagree because all we are going to do is keep going around in circles like we have.
    But I wont because you will just try to slip on you faulty opinion anyways.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #1107
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    There was no faulty assumption in context of that which he spoke.

    I would suggest that we just agree to disagree because all we are going to do is keep going around in circles like we have.
    But I wont because you will just try to slip on you faulty opinion anyways.
    When he described the situation of black persons, he made several faulty assumptions and generalizations.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #1108
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    When he described the situation of black persons, he made several faulty assumptions and generalizations.
    Not in context of that which he was speaking.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #1109
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Not in context of that which he was speaking.
    Perhaps you are aware (or THINK you are aware) of context beyond that which I am aware of.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #1110
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Perhaps you are aware (or THINK you are aware) of context beyond that which I am aware of.
    No, it is you who are trying to say he was unintentionally disparaging, when you have to take his words of concern out of context for that to happen.


    Yay!

    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •