Page 109 of 130 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1081
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    What you think, being wrong as it is, matters not.
    Matter of opinion. Mine disagrees with yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Not even unintentionally.
    He was speaking of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    Agreed in the main, but his words were unintentionally disparaging.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes you saying it was unintentional is bs as nothing he said was racist. He was speaking of concern, not disparagement, hatred
    Agreed in the main, but his words were unintentionally disparaging.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Oy vey! Which was out of context.
    You do not get to put a person's words into the context you wish. Somebody would have to be totally debased from societal norms to do such a thing. (making them wrong)
    Again, no.

    How can you seriously be claiming that his entire statement was out of context? What context am I missing here, then?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    In context, they were words of concern. Not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    Agreed in the main, but they were unintentionally disparaging.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No it wasn't. You are taking it out of context.
    I am not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Of course you do. Doesn't change the fact that you are wrong.
    No, I am not.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #1082
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Matter of opinion. Mine disagrees with yours.
    And your opinion is objectively wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    but his words were unintentionally disparaging.
    iLOL
    No they were not.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    but his words were unintentionally disparaging.
    iLOL
    No they were not.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Again, no.
    Again yes. You clearly coming at this from a point of taking his words out of context.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    How can you seriously be claiming that his entire statement was out of context? What context am I missing here, then?
    In context, they were words of concern. Not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Agreed in the main, but they were unintentionally disparaging.
    No they were not. That is nothing more than your flawed thoughts.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I am not.
    Yes you are taking it out of context.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    No, I am not.
    Yes you are wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #1083
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Again yes. You clearly coming at this from a point of taking his words out of context.
    I am not.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    In context, they were words of concern. Not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    Concern and unintentional disparagement.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #1084
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I am not.
    Ye syou are taking his words out of context.
    They were of concern, Not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.



    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    and unintentional disparagement.
    Wrong. That is out of context.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #1085
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Ye syou are taking his words out of context.
    They were of concern, Not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.



    Wrong. That is out of context.
    I am explaining to you what I heard Bundy say, in context.

    Why do you keep insisting that I'm taking his statement out of context?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #1086
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I am explaining to you what I heard Bundy say, in context.

    Why do you keep insisting that I'm taking his statement out of context?
    And I keep telling you you are wrong, as in context his words were of concern. Not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.

    You have to take them out of context to say otherwise. And that is what you are doing.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #1087
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Excon,

    Seems you're the only person left defending Mr. Bundy. Clearly, several people heard and read something completely different than you. In any case, IMO, Cliven Bunkdy used the wrong words to express his opinion concerning Black people based on his observation of a small group of Blacks living in a Los Vegas housing project. You just don't use slavery to illustrate a strong work ethic, family values/stability or morality of a people whether he spoke solely of the Blacks he witnessed in Los Vegas subsidized housing or he was speaking of Blacks ("the Negro") in general. It's not okay to use such a blanket statement regardless of his literacy level. But clearly you would rather defend him than admit he was wrong. So, to each his own...

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And I keep telling you you are wrong, as in context his words were of concern. Not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.

    You have to take them out of context to say otherwise. And that is what you are doing.
    That's the thing - no one's taking his words out of context! Yes, he started out saying things like "no one wants to go back" to the old days, but thing is he referred back to the old ways where Blacks were misused, abused, beaten, raped, families separated/destroyed and there was no upward mobility short of a slave becoming a "house nigga", the massa's nigga lover or his driver. Other than that, the vast majority of Black slaves wanted nothing to do with slavery! But many accepted their living/life-style conditions because they had no choice, NOT because they were happy to do it.

    Put this way: If given the choice between living in servitude and doing what you're told told where your enemy holds all the power of life and death versus living in constant pain and misery, most people would choose keeping mum and living in servitude over being beaten or killed. That was the life-style condition of slavery.

    Cliven Bundy was wrong no matter how hard you try to defend him.

    With that, I'm done with this conversation.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 05-04-14 at 07:23 PM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  8. #1088
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Excon,

    Seems you're the only person left defending Mr. Bundy. Clearly, several people heard and read something completely different than you. In any case, IMO, Cliven Bunkdy used the wrong words to express his opinion concerning Black people based on his observation of a small group of Blacks living in a Los Vegas housing project. You just don't use slavery to illustrate a strong work ethic, family values/stability or morality of a people whether he spoke solely of the Blacks he witnessed in Los Vegas subsidized housing or he was speaking of Blacks ("the Negro") in general. It's not okay to use such a blanket statement regardless of his literacy level. But clearly you would rather defend him than admit he was wrong. So, to each his own...
    He wasn't wrong.
    He expressed concern.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #1089
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And I keep telling you you are wrong, as in context his words were of concern. Not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.

    You have to take them out of context to say otherwise. And that is what you are doing.
    I am not.

    And I don't claim hatred or intolerance were in his words, so stop arguing against that.

    His words seemed to be of concern. But they were ALSO unintentionally disparaging of black persons.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #1090
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I am not.

    And I don't claim hatred or intolerance were in his words, so stop arguing against that.

    His words seemed to be of concern. But they were ALSO unintentionally disparaging of black persons.
    Yes you are.
    And no they were not.
    His words have to be taken out of context to say such. Which is exactly what you are doing.
    His words were of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •