Page 107 of 130 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1061
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes you are incorrect.
    I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He was speaking of the deleterious effects that the welfare state has had on blacks.
    Agreed.
    And was speaking from a point of concern. Not of disparagement, or of hatred, or of intolerance.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And nowhere did he say his race was better.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Nothing he said was racist.
    Not intentionally at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You say you know that, but then say he did, but was unintentional, which is bs.
    Is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    There was no racist comments, deliberate
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    or unintentional.
    I disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You have to take them out of context, just like you did above, to suggest otherwise.
    I did no such thing. That was a paraphrase based on how I saw his statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And what you suggest in what you have taken out of context, is equally absurd as that is not what he said or meant.
    Yes it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your position you hold is nothing but bs.
    I disagree.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #1062
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Tell you what, post the entire dialog here and let the readers judge for themselves if Mr. Bundy spoke from genuine concern or outright foolishness for ourselves? I mean, yourself and a few others have defended him but you've done so third-party. Let the man's words speak in his defense.

    Post the entire dialog - the parts we're apparently missing - or the entire video and maybe I'll change my opinion about him depending on what I hear. Until then, he spoke foolishly, IMO.

    Edit: Nevermind...Zimmerman posted it already (reposted below for emphasis).



    Granted, Bundy was speaking from his past experiences and only from what he's seen of Blacks living in government housing out of Los Vegas. But that's been my point concerning his comments: You don't make a blanket statement like that and not expect people to view you as racist at worst, bigoted at best. I can accept your point of view that he was in his own way speaking out of concern for Blacks (and Mexicans, too), but as I stated previously, he'd been better off using "sharecropping" or "minimum wage jobs" over slavery. That word doesn't come up as a way Black families can unify or excel in life unless you harbor racist or bigoted views.

    Sorry, he doesn't get such a easy pass from me. But I can understand that from his point of view, he was sincere. I just think he can and should keep his opinion on Black family bonding, sense of morality and direction on upward mobility to himself.



    Thank you, The Mark. I couldn't have said it better myself.
    Nor me. I lived through the Chicago demonstrations in the 60's, but I knew what the demonstrations were about, even at that young age. People wanted civil rights.

  3. #1063
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, I miss it. Because when it's a question about libs, then it's "both sides" but when it concerns repubs then it's "the GOP" with you.
    That's completely untrue and I would wager post for post I've criticized the left more than you have the right so spare me your "concern" over "impartiality" because I haven't seen it from you.

  4. #1064
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,419
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    You have issues with comprehension, apparently. Not my problem, laddybuck. Get through life the best you can working around it, all I can say.
    Another who refuses to execute a simple task of copy, paste the entire quote and bold what they believe is racist.

    We all know why. You've got the NYT disease. Intellectual dishonesty.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #1065
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    That's completely untrue and I would wager post for post I've criticized the left more than you have the right so spare me your "concern" over "impartiality" because I haven't seen it from you.
    Bwhaaaa! Come on TNE, cut the crap. You're a smart guy, I know that face to face you couldn't say that with a straight face.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1066
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Bwhaaaa! Come on TNE, cut the crap. You're a smart guy, I know that face to face you couldn't say that with a straight face.
    How am I full of crap? I can show posts where I have criticized Obama, the left, and Dems on Gun Control issues, spending, bailouts, and governing.

    I know I have criticized the left more than you have of the right. Care to play that game, I can go post for post with you on that one.

  7. #1067
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Can you please explain why he said "...because they never learned to pick cotton"? Wouldn't that imply that black people, because of their race, are suited to manual labor? Why else would he have said that? Can you also explain why he talks about black people, in general terms, as being hooked on government assistance? The majority of black people are not on welfare, as about 75% are above the poverty line.

    His comments directly imply that (and I'm going to be generous here) most black people living in the United States today have never learned to support themselves because they live off of the government. I see two valid conclusions, which are that Bundy is ignorant and was brought up in a racist environment, or that he is racist. I don't see any other explanation.
    That's the point I've tried to make concerning Mr. Bundy's comments. From his point of view, maybe he was speaking from some measure of concern for the Black people he witnessed over the years living in government housing in the Los Vegas area. But he used a blanket statement to present ALL BLACK PEOPLE in terms of his world view. Moreover, he used terms AND a condition of living most people are keenly aware was brutal, deplorable and unjust toward Black slaves. It's why I compared "slavery" to "sharecropping" in his word selection because I can certainly see how former slaves had a slim chance at upward mobility as sharecroppers, but they had no chance as slaves.

    Some people defend him simply because of his poor choice of words. He receives no such pass from me. No one who makes such a bold claim that people of my race would be better off as slaves is not only delusional, they're racist. There may be Blacks in this country who don't share a strong work ethic, but the way I see it they're never better off living as slaves than living off government assistance...N-E-V-E-R!
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  8. #1068
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I think not.
    What you think, being wrong as it is, matters not.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Not intentionally at least.
    Not even unintentionally.
    He was speaking of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.



    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Is not.
    [...]
    I disagree.
    Yes you saying it was unintentional is bs as nothing he said was racist. He was speaking of concern, not disparagement, hatred


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I did no such thing. That was a paraphrase based on how I saw his statement.
    Oy vey! Which was out of context.
    You do not get to put a person's words into the context you wish. Somebody would have to be totally debased from societal norms to do such a thing. (making them wrong)

    In context, they were words of concern. Not of disparagement, hatred or intolerance.



    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Yes it was.
    No it wasn't. You are taking it out of context.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I disagree.
    Of course you do. Doesn't change the fact that you are wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #1069
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Can you please explain why he said "...because they never learned to pick cotton"?
    Had you paid attention you would have known it has already been stated.

    He is referring to work ethic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Wouldn't that imply that black people, because of their race, are suited to manual labor?
    Only in convoluted thoughts.
    Especially as he was speaking of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Can you also explain why he talks about black people, in general terms, as being hooked on government assistance? The majority of black people are not on welfare, as about 75% are above the poverty line.

    He spoke specifically of the negro entrapped by welfare.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    His comments directly imply that (and I'm going to be generous here) most black people living in the United States today have never learned to support themselves because they live off of the government.
    Only in convoluted thoughts.
    Especially as he was speaking of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #1070
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Hey CON. you provided the stats, not I, from your weak link statistic drain, now you're backing up on that like a floor sewer. But, I expected that, and nothing less from a CON. Please do keep up the dogwhistling and play the game, we know all about your kind.
    You are speaking gibberish in an attempt to deflect from being wrong.

    You have twice been proven wrong and had it pointed out by more than one person. All because you did not understand what the percentages you chose to use represented.

    And not those were not my stats or provided by me.
    They were first provided here:
    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    and then here:
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSaindo View Post
    Welfare is all entitlements. Not just hand selected data you feel is relevant. I love biased sites and blogs.

    Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

    It cites the source and tells you what "welfare" is:
    Welfare is the organized public or private social services for the assistance of disadvantaged groups. Aid could include general Welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits. The Welfare system in the United States began in the 1930s, during the Great Depression. Opponents of Welfare argue that it affects work incentives.
    My referring to what was provided by another and stating that it also supports the fact that blacks receive more welfare than whites does not make them my stats.

    Regardless, you still did not understand what the percentages represented and were continuously shown to be wrong.
    And all you can do now is try to deflect, because you can not be honest enough to admit you were wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Just from a uneducated podunk hick who never left the farm.
    sigh

    How pathetic.
    He was speaking of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    Yet here you are doing exactly that.
    Figures.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •