Page 105 of 130 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1041
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    I don't see any reason to give him the benefit of a doubt. I don't see a doubt, actually. "They abort their young children"? "They put their young men in jail"? "Because they never learned to pick cotton"? Pretty clear to me what he means.
    It's possible I'm reading something behind/between the lines/audio that isn't there.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #1042
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    Yep, ok goodbye...sense a pattern here?
    Everybody already sees the pattern you have established for yourself. You are not able to argue against the facts of the topic so instead try to address the poster.
    Both show failure on your part.




    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I apparently heard something different in bundy's words than you did.
    And again. You have heard what you want to hear. Not what was said, as nothing said was racist.
    His words were of concern. Not of hatred, not of intolerance and not disparaging.

    As already replied to your false claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No. Then you are hearing what you want to here.
    His comments were not racist.
    He expressed concern, not hatred, intolerance or disparagement.
    Claiming otherwise is false.

    The overall gist is that of concern, not any make believe racism.

    Wrong. Just simply wrong.
    He expressed concern, not hatred, intolerance or disparagement.
    Claiming he did is absurd.

    His stating that we do not want to go back to that are not the words of a racist.
    There is no misunderstanding in that.





    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Like I said to the 'Zimmer' entity, if you say the jerk who said this...

    "And because they were basically on government subsidy -- so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy?"

    ... and meant it isn't a racist then we're speaking different languages.
    You also are hearing what you want to here.
    Which is exemplified by you saying we are speaking different languages.

    You hate what you believe he is. The problem with that is that he isn't what you believe.

    His words were not racist and he is not a racist.
    They were of concern. They were not disparaging, or of hatred, or of intolerance. And nowhere did he say his race was better.
    Nothing he said is racist or racism.
    Absolutely nothing.

    On the other hand, your words clearly fit the definition.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #1043
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Excerpts of your other posts;


    Total population of the US of A 317 Million

    There are 223,550,265 Whites
    There are 44,456,009 Blacks
    If 38.9% of whites are on welfare, that means there are 87,184,603 white welfare recipients. 38.9% was rounded off to 39%.

    If 39.9% of blacks are on welfare, that means there are 26,673,605 black welfare recipients. 39.8% was rounded off to 40%.


    This means that there are 60,510,990 more whites on welfare, than blacks. Forget the percentages, think of it as numbers of individuals, the population.

    And around and around we go.
    Another failed argument from you.
    You are wrong again.
    You clearly do not understand what you have read or what those numbers represent, even though it has already been pointed out to you by two different people.
    Nothing you said above is accurate.

    No there is not 39.8 percent of blacks on welfare, and no there is not 38.8 percent of whites on welfare.
    You clearly do not understand the numbers that you yourself chose to use.

    As you were already told, by that sites numbers, 4.1% of the population is on welfare.
    Of that 4.1%, 39.8 percent is black, and 38.8 percent is white.
    Those numbers were broken down and given to you, twice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Let me make it easier for you.
    The percentages you listed, (39% and 38%) represent the percentages of recipients of the program(s).
    Not of the population as a whole. Duh!

    So if we choose to use those numbers from that site, it also tells us that the total number of welfare recipients equals 4.1% of the population, which would roughly be 12,869,900. So the 38.8% and 39.8% percent would be of that number, which you then have to breakdown to percentage of the respective population.
    39.8% = 5122220.2
    38.8% = 4993521.2

    Now break that down by respective population to get an accurate representation.

    And then also in the following post, which I even went further in breaking down the numbers for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Using the information from the site you chose we find that 4.1% of the population is on welfare.
    38.8% of that 4,1% is white.
    39.8% of that 4.1% is black.

    4.1% of the total population of 313,873,685 = 12868821.085.

    39.8% of 12868821.085 = 5,121,790.79183 of black folks receiving welfare which is 1.6318% of the whole population.
    38.8% of 12868821.085 = 4,993,102.58098 of white folks receiving welfare which is 1.5908% of the whole population.

    So those numbers already show that blacks receive welfare more than whites.
    (again, and I can not stress this enough, this is based on that sites numbers, as I have no idea what they are using in total to come up with their welfare numbers.)

    And the percentages as a whole is not what matters to this argument as it was being said that more whites receive welfare then blacks.
    Which they should, being the largest segment of the population, but do not. Which is made obviously by this sites info. And by respective population breakdown, the numbers show they are disproportionately higher for blacks.


    As you provided from the Census Bureau. (overlooking the lower 63% number)
    White alone, percent, 2012    77.9%
    Black or African American alone, 2012   13.1%

    Whites at 77.9% of the whole population of 313,873,685 = 244,507,600.615
    Blacks at 13.1% of the whole population of  313,873,685 =     41,117,452.735


    4,993,102.58098 of 244,507,600.615 = what %?
    2.04210526315789%

    41,117,452.735 of 41,117,452.735 = what %?
    12.14351145038168%


    So by individual demographic based information at the site you chose and rounded:
    Roughly 2% of the white population is on welfare, while roughly 12.1% of the black population is on welfare.

    Anybody can see those numbers are disproportionate.

    This ends your math lesson.

    And I am not the only one who pointed out how you were wrong.
    Yet here you are absurdly claiming otherwise.

    Your position is untenable and your argument fails and is wrong and you keep showing that you do not even understand what those percentages represent, even though it has been explained to you.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #1044
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    I don't see any reason to give him the benefit of a doubt. I don't see a doubt, actually. "They abort their young children"? "They put their young men in jail"? "Because they never learned to pick cotton"? Pretty clear to me what he means.
    That is you reading what you want into it.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #1045
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Last Seen
    06-13-14 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    174

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Everybody already sees the pattern you have established for yourself. You are not able to argue against the facts of the topic so instead try to address the poster.
    Both show failure on your part.




    And again. You have heard what you want to hear. Not what was said, as nothing said was racist.
    His words were of concern. Not of hatred, not of intolerance and not disparaging.

    As already replied to your false claims.






    You also are hearing what you want to here.
    Which is exemplified by you saying we are speaking different languages.

    You hate what you believe he is. The problem with that is that he isn't what you believe.

    His words were not racist and he is not a racist.
    They were of concern. They were not disparaging, or of hatred, or of intolerance. And nowhere did he say his race was better.
    Nothing he said is racist or racism.
    Absolutely nothing.

    On the other hand, your words clearly fit the definition.
    Yada, yada, you have been debunked not only by myself but other posters on this thread. What more should people have to say to you, you are either too ignorant or too prideful to admit you are wrong on all counts.

    I already told you, there's no need to post to me, you can't say anything new that hasn't been debunked, go post at someone else.
    There's no need to attack you as a poster, don't flatter yourself, that mere fact that you are trying to convince folks of your lunacy defames you more thoroughly than I could.

    Now, here's what I'll do, I'll be the grown man here and allow you to throw out another final barb, hopefully you'll be quiet then.

    Throw your barb, I won't waste the time replying....
    Last edited by reconmark; 05-01-14 at 10:19 PM.

  6. #1046
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And again. You have heard what you want to hear. Not what was said, as nothing said was racist.
    His words were of concern. Not of hatred, not of intolerance and not disparaging.
    I heard concern in his words.

    I didn't hear hatred, intolerance or disparagement in his words.

    But he was still unintentionally disparaging of black persons, via his inaccurate assumptions/knowledge about them.

    As I have said for nearly 20 goddamn back-and-forth posts by this point.

    Yet for some reason YOU keep hearing "bundy was a blatant racist" in what I say.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #1047
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    Yada, yada, you have been debunked not only by myself but other posters on this thread. What more should people have to say to you, you are either too ignorant or too prideful to admit you are wrong on all counts.
    Wrong, as no one has debunked anything I have said, especially you, as you are unable to debunk anything. You ridiculously argue racism from Bundy, yet were unable to present any tangible representation of it from him. That is because you can't, as what he said was of concern, not racism.


    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    I already told you, there's no need to post to me, you can't say anything new that hasn't been debunked, go post at someone else.
    There's no need to attack you as a poster, don't flatter yourself, that mere fact that you are trying to convince folks of your lunacy defames you more thoroughly than I could.
    You are clearly out of touch with reality.
    So what was the other membership names you have had here?
    I ask because you seem so very familiar.


    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    Now, here's what I'll do, I'll be the grown man here and allow you to throw out another final barb, hopefully you'll be quiet then.

    Throw your barb, I won't waste the time replying....
    That is hilariously. iLOL
    You keep making this claim yet have failed to carry thorough with it. So it is just another false claim of yours, like yo saying I said Bundy's comments came from love and respect. That was funny.
    So that would be another pattern that you have established here. One of untruths.
    So keep digging. I don't mind watching you fail, flail and drown, all at the same time.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #1048
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is you reading what you want into it.
    Or it's you taking what you don't like out of it. It's pretty convoluted reasoning that allows one to excuse the blatant racism in his quotes. He makes no bones about it, stands by what he said. Why do you want so badly for this ignorant racist ****-kicker to be expressing some subtle sociological philosophy? He's an a**hole. He got famous by refusing to pay his BLM bills (and that's really fair to the guys who pay their bills) and now whatever crap comes out of his mouth is some kinda profound insight?
    No. He's an ignorant racist *sshole who oughta be in jail for refusing to pay his grazing fees and won't that be a treat for him, there being newspapers in jails.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  9. #1049
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    But he was still unintentionally disparaging of black persons, via his inaccurate assumptions/knowledge about them.
    No he didn't. Not at all. As his words were not racist.

    And this unintentional argument is absurd on it's surface.
    That involves taking his words out of context which means it is not what he said.




    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Yet for some reason YOU keep hearing "bundy was a blatant racist" in what I say.
    No.
    This is you hearing, or reading into it, that which you want.
    Last edited by Excon; 05-01-14 at 10:59 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #1050
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Or it's you taking what you don't like out of it. It's pretty convoluted reasoning that allows one to excuse the blatant racism in his quotes. He makes no bones about it, stands by what he said. Why do you want so badly for this ignorant racist ****-kicker to be expressing some subtle sociological philosophy? He's an a**hole. He got famous by refusing to pay his BLM bills (and that's really fair to the guys who pay their bills) and now whatever crap comes out of his mouth is some kinda profound insight?
    No. He's an ignorant racist *sshole who oughta be in jail for refusing to pay his grazing fees and won't that be a treat for him, there being newspapers in jails.
    I have provided his quotes exactly as he made them. So I have removed nothing from them.
    Nor is there any blatant racism in what he said. That is nothing but you hearing what you want to hear.
    His words were of concern, not disparagement and they did not contain any hatred or intolerance.
    But your words clearly do.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •