Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #1001
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Powhatan County, VA.
    Last Seen
    08-01-14 @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    657

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Seriously?
    Cliven Bundy is a vile, poisonous racist bastard. He's one of the group of humans who needs to be silenced, shunned, ostracised and completely forgotten after he dies. He and all like him, and all who support and/or agree with him, are the worst examples of humanity's most abysmal failure.
    Is that clear enough for you?
    You need more diversity in your avatar.

  2. #1002
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Last Seen
    06-13-14 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    174

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Really, Excon? You honestly believe Cliven Bundy's words about Negros (Blacks) were truly out of concern for us? Let's re-examine what he said:



    If he were truly concerned, why choose slavery as a way we, Black people, can improve our upward mobility? Why not just say "...are they better off working minimum wage jobs..." or take the Newt Gingrinch approach of janitorial work instead? Hell, I'd even accept him having said "sharecropper" over "slaves". At least then I could buy into the idea that somehow Blacks stood a marginal chance of having something for themselves. But as slaves? Really? You really want (Black) people to believe he spoke out of genuine concern?

    Really?
    Go back and read the history of this post, he's been factually proven wrong so many times it's sad. I refuse to indulge him anymore, he's one of those who refuses to admit when he's seriously in error.

    How totally unintelligent can one be to attempt to foist on intelligent people that this man was speaking out of love and respect for Black people?...it's so preposterous as to be insulting.

    Then he wanted to start the "Black people on welfare" meme, that didn't work out well for him either.

    Save yourself the time, don't waste it on him. Intellectual honesty escapes some.

  3. #1003
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    Go back and read the history of this post, he's been factually proven wrong so many times it's sad. I refuse to indulge him anymore, he's one of those who refuses to admit when he's seriously in error.
    You are the one who has been shown to be in error and proven wrong and shown to make dishonest arguments.
    And would be the only reason why you wont indulge me, if that is even taking place. iLOL



    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    How totally unintelligent can one be to attempt to foist on intelligent people that this man was speaking out of love and respect for Black people?...it's so preposterous as to be insulting.
    See here is another dishonest argument by you.
    I have never said out of love and respect. So you were just telling another of your untruths.


    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    Then he wanted to start the "Black people on welfare" meme, that didn't work out well for him either.
    More dishonesty from you as I started nothing. I made reply showing someone was wrong in what they said.
    You then involved yourself and made ridiculously false claims, much like you are doing now. Go figure.
    And then were unable to support your position, simply because it was wrong.

    Try addressing the topic and not me.
    Last edited by Excon; 05-01-14 at 12:21 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #1004
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Last Seen
    06-13-14 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    174

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are the one who has been shown to be in error and proven wrong and shown to make dishonest arguments.
    And would be the only reason why you wont indulge me, if that is even taking place. iLOL




    See here is another dishonest argument by you.
    I have never said out of love and respect. So you were just telling another of your untruths.


    More dishonesty from you as I started nothing. I made reply showing someone was wrong in what they said.
    You then involved yourself and made ridiculously false claims, much like you are doing now. Go figure.
    And then were unable to support your position, simply because it was wrong.

    Your issue seems to be that you want to address me and not the topic.
    Very odd behavior.
    Yep...so goodbye. You can stop posting to me now, I wasn't posting to you.

  5. #1005
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    Yep...so goodbye. You can stop posting to me now, I wasn't posting to you.
    Doesn't matter if you were posting to me or not.
    Do you really not know that?
    Especially as you were speaking about me.
    Do you really not know that as well?
    Wow!
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #1006
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,465
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Seriously?
    Cliven Bundy is a vile, poisonous racist bastard. He's one of the group of humans who needs to be silenced, shunned, ostracised and completely forgotten after he dies. He and all like him, and all who support and/or agree with him, are the worst examples of humanity's most abysmal failure.
    Is that clear enough for you?
    Why not copy, paste and bold his racist comments? There is the full quote below.

    The quote is not racist... so hop to it... prove your point in the simplest way possible... point out the very phrases he spouts that are racist.

    Frankly, it is folks who criticize people who are not racist as being racist, and sick pricks like the NYT who quote him out of context that are on par with racists. It is an equally sick segment of society.

    ... and so what I've testified to you -- I was in the Watts riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen that last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people are thinking they don't have their freedoms, they didn't have these things, and they didn't have them.

    We've progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and we sure don't want to go back. We sure don't want the colored people to go back to that point. We sure don't want these Mexican people to go back to that point. And we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way.

    Let me tell, talk to you about the Mexicans, and these are just things I know about the negroes. I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro. When I go, went, go to Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and I would see these little government houses, and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids -- and there's always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch. They didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

    And because they were basically on government subsidy -- so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy?

    You know they didn’t get more freedom, they got less freedom -- they got less family life, and their happiness -- you could see it in their faces -- they wasn't happy sitting on that concrete sidewalk. Down there they was probably growing their turnips -- so that’s all government, that’s not freedom.
    Now, let me talk about the Spanish people. You know, I understand that they come over here against our Constitution and cross our borders. But they’re here and they’re people -- and I’ve worked side by side a lot of them.

    Don’t tell me they don’t work, and don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structures than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together, they picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people. And we need to have those people join us and be with us not, not come to our party.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #1007
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,465
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Read the context again, God my 4 year old nephew even understood it.

    It isn't the System's fault the person is on welfare. That is personal responsibility. However, just because it isn't the System's Fault, doesn't mean the system is without faults. You are claiming I said something which I didn't.

    Again, I didn't say the system had no faults, I said it wasn't the system's fault the person is on welfare.
    And the faults of government in this case are egregious.

    Q: How bad was the state of the welfare system in 1996?

    A: There was all but universal agreement in 1996 that the nation's cash welfare program, Aid to Families with Dependent Children, was broken. It contributed to families becoming dependent on welfare and it provided cash to young people, including adolescents, who had babies outside marriage.
    Interview: Welfare reform, 10 years later | Brookings Institution
    Sounds like something Bundy witnessed and commented about in north Vegas. The ghetto's, a product of public housing created by government. It's not just here... The Projects and assistance in France have had the same result. Government celebrated these projects when they started, but as JFK stated... failure is an orphan... except it's not. It's the product of Socialist thinking and socialist parties.

    Newt Gingrich accused the President of stalling on welfare and proclaimed that Congress could pass a welfare reform bill in as little as 90 days. Gingrich promised that the Republican Party would continue to apply political pressure to the President to approve welfare legislation.[17]
    Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Clinton was dragged to welfare reform. Yes he campaigned on it, but that was slick Willy at his best. He had no intention of doing it until dragged to it after the historic 1994 Midterm Sweep and Contract with America.

    10-years after signing it, he takes credit for its success... LOL.

    Republican Contract with America
    Furthermore, its provisions represented the view of many conservative Republicans on the issues of shrinking the size of government, promoting lower taxes and greater entrepreneurial activity, and both tort reform and welfare reform.
    Contract with America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    .

    Clinton Signs Welfare Reform Bill, Angers Liberals
    AllPolitics - A Sweeping Welfare Change - Aug. 22, 1996
    Said Clinton: "Today, we are taking an historic chance to make welfare what it was meant to be, a second chance, not a way of life."
    Last edited by zimmer; 05-01-14 at 05:28 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #1008
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Last Seen
    06-13-14 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    174

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Doesn't matter if you were posting to me or not.
    Do you really not know that?
    Especially as you were speaking about me.
    Do you really not know that as well?
    Wow!
    Yep, ok goodbye...sense a pattern here?

  9. #1009
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    And the faults of government in this case are egregious.
    Doesn't change the fact that if a person decides to stay on welfare that is a PERSONAL CHOICE they make and is NOT the system's fault.

    You cons hate personal responsibility when it doesn't suit your agenda.

  10. #1010
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,465
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that if a person decides to stay on welfare that is a PERSONAL CHOICE they make and is NOT the system's fault.

    You cons hate personal responsibility when it doesn't suit your agenda.
    You tried to pivot but broke your ankle in the process. This is so ridiculously simple it really doesn't warrant an answer, but... here we go...

    Conservatives are for personal responsibility, but you seem to want to ignore the obvious, that government is responsible for fomenting the ill. Welfare reform illustrated this fact, and Clinton eagerly took credit for it 10-years after its implementation.

    Hell... even Leftist Brookings admits the evils created by government intrusion.

    Government added massively to the problem. They bred it.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •