Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: BLM document reveals big change

  1. #1
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    BLM document reveals big change

    BLM document reveals big change in federal land management
    By Sarah Dallof

    SALT LAKE CITY -- KSL 5 News has obtained a document that outlines a huge change in how the federal government wants to manage federal land in Utah, and one Utah congressman says it makes him furious.
    Congressman Rob Bishop's office also recently received the document. Bishop said he's angry because it would put virtually all land management power in the hands of the White House.

    ---------

    Now, an outside source provided KSL with the entire document, and it does suggest a dramatically new philosophy for managing federal land.
    The Bureau of Land Management's document is stamped with "Internal Draft. Not for release." Titled "Treasured Landscapes," it lays out what some consider a sweeping and detailed plan for the next 25 years.
    It took Bishop months to get the document, which lays out the context for the snippets released a few months ago.
    "They have clearly been dragging their feet, and they don't want to let us know what they're trying to do," Bishop says.
    He is especially concerned about portions of the document that recommend using the Antiquities Act "should the legislative process not prove fruitful." The act gives the president power to designate a national monument with no public or legislative input.
    ---------

    BLM document reveals big change in federal land management | KSL.com
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: BLM document reveals big change

    Hmmmmm... secret document?... only obtained by some obscure news channel? Reveals power grab by the white house?
    I detect the strong odor of BS...

  3. #3
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: BLM document reveals big change

    Yeah I know,it's better to stick ones head in the sand when it's your party in power....
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  4. #4
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: BLM document reveals big change

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Hmmmmm... secret document?... only obtained by some obscure news channel? Reveals power grab by the white house?
    I detect the strong odor of BS...
    If you would actually read what was written,nowhere does it say the document was "secret" and the U.S. Department of the Interior released a statement about the document
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,399

    Re: BLM document reveals big change

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    BLM document reveals big change in federal land management
    By Sarah Dallof

    SALT LAKE CITY -- KSL 5 News has obtained a document that outlines a huge change in how the federal government wants to manage federal land in Utah, and one Utah congressman says it makes him furious.
    Congressman Rob Bishop's office also recently received the document. Bishop said he's angry because it would put virtually all land management power in the hands of the White House.

    ---------

    Now, an outside source provided KSL with the entire document, and it does suggest a dramatically new philosophy for managing federal land.
    The Bureau of Land Management's document is stamped with "Internal Draft. Not for release." Titled "Treasured Landscapes," it lays out what some consider a sweeping and detailed plan for the next 25 years.
    It took Bishop months to get the document, which lays out the context for the snippets released a few months ago.
    "They have clearly been dragging their feet, and they don't want to let us know what they're trying to do," Bishop says.
    He is especially concerned about portions of the document that recommend using the Antiquities Act "should the legislative process not prove fruitful." The act gives the president power to designate a national monument with no public or legislative input.
    ---------

    BLM document reveals big change in federal land management | KSL.com
    I do not really know, what the impact would be. Maybe you would like to elucidate?

  6. #6
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: BLM document reveals big change

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I do not really know, what the impact would be. Maybe you would like to elucidate?
    I think it's pretty well laid out what could happen in the article
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  7. #7
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: BLM document reveals big change

    This crap is getting out of control.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,399

    Re: BLM document reveals big change

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    I think it's pretty well laid out what could happen in the article
    I didn't watch the flick, but I did not find the article too disturbing. Maybe there is executive over-grab here and then it is good to put a check on it. And you are already stating such activity. Good show.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,399

    Re: BLM document reveals big change

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    This crap is getting out of control.
    Crap that is not in a toilet is often out of control.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: BLM document reveals big change

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Hmmmmm... secret document?... only obtained by some obscure news channel? Reveals power grab by the white house?
    I detect the strong odor of BS...
    secrets and power grabs are this presidents modus operandi.

    We both know its probably true.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •