Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 129

Thread: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

  1. #31
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    And none of that beats not transporting it at all. It does not benefit us at all.
    We'll just have to disagree about that.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #32
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Since I'm not a conservative you'll have to try some other line.
    Of course you're not. Except for the policies you spout and support... you are not a conservative at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #33
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Of course you're not. Except for the policies you spout and support... you are not a conservative at all.
    You mean like same sex marriage? Abortion rights? Drug legalization? Immigration reform? Those policies?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #34
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You mean like same sex marriage? Abortion rights? Drug legalization? Immigration reform? Those policies?
    Same sex marriage was lead by the left but is now a foregone conclusion that is not even just the left anymore. Drug legalization... no party has fought harder than the conservative libertarian party for that one. Immigration reform?... that's a loose phrase. How you would reform it would be the way to define if you are conservative or liberal on the topic. You got abortion. You got one policy. I'm an unabashed liberal. As long as I've seen you in this forum you've been pretty much on the opposite end of almost everything of me. So yeah... you are a conservative.

    Everyone would like to think they are middle of the road. It's man's egotistical nature to think they are the center and everything either revolves around them or is extreme except them. No one is in the middle of the road. No one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #35
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Same sex marriage was lead by the left but is now a foregone conclusion that is not even just the left anymore. Drug legalization... no party has fought harder than the conservative libertarian party for that one. Immigration reform?... that's a loose phrase. How you would reform it would be the way to define if you are conservative or liberal on the topic. You got abortion. You got one policy. I'm an unabashed liberal. As long as I've seen you in this forum you've been pretty much on the opposite end of almost everything of me. So yeah... you are a conservative.

    Everyone would like to think they are middle of the road. It's man's egotistical nature to think they are the center and everything either revolves around them or is extreme except them. No one is in the middle of the road. No one.
    I don't claim to be middle of the road either. I simply have no ideology beyond strong defense, hard money and individual liberty. How would I reform immigration? I like the idea of open borders but I don't pretend to have thought it all through.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    B.S. the cleanest way is to not transport some other country's multinational coporation's garbage at all. This pipeline, like all pipelines will leak. They all leak. This one while running through the water supply of 13 states. Another note... this is tar SANDS oil. It is liquid sandpaper. It will leak and it will leak faster than any other pipeline. That fluid sandpaper will destroy the joints and the pipe itself in record time.

    But just keep backing imminent domain like a good conservative... for 20 jobs.
    Aside from ALL construction jobs being temporary there is no evidence to suggest that the pipeline will respond as you claim.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Same sex marriage was lead by the left but is now a foregone conclusion that is not even just the left anymore. Drug legalization... no party has fought harder than the conservative libertarian party for that one. Immigration reform?... that's a loose phrase. How you would reform it would be the way to define if you are conservative or liberal on the topic. You got abortion. You got one policy. I'm an unabashed liberal. As long as I've seen you in this forum you've been pretty much on the opposite end of almost everything of me. So yeah... you are a conservative.

    Everyone would like to think they are middle of the road. It's man's egotistical nature to think they are the center and everything either revolves around them or is extreme except them. No one is in the middle of the road. No one.
    SSM is a libertarian issue, drug legalization is supported only by the libertarians, immigration reform is a political football with the Republicans saying they want to secure the border until they actually get into power, libertarians are pro choice in abortion as in everything else.

    The Libertarians are on the right side of every issue except immigration. Their open borders plank is exactly what the Democrats and Republicans want, but won't admit it.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Just love wathing "conservatives" be full blown supporters of using imminent domain to take land away from people just so they can add 20 full time jobs. Not to mention that we won't see any of that oil for our country's beneifit all while making the U.S. become Canada's trashcan and spill absorber and cleanup crew because they don't want to do it themselves.


    Why the hell do people support conservatism? There is no rhyme or reason.

    Oh.....you didn't figure out that part about those Unions and who they support, huh? You do realize this is more of a Democrat on Democrat type of Problem. Despite the Republicans wanting this legislation passed.

    Because they will always have more heart and will muster up than 98% of those on the left......as the streets show it for what it really is about. At least that is how it plays out here, where I am located.

    Note that is Right in the Heart of Liberaldom. On The Front line. Everyday.....24/7. Can you explain why the left doesn't manage to produce many that Have the heart to finish what they start?

  9. #39
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    B.S. the cleanest way is to not transport some other country's multinational coporation's garbage at all. This pipeline, like all pipelines will leak. They all leak. This one while running through the water supply of 13 states. Another note... this is tar SANDS oil. It is liquid sandpaper. It will leak and it will leak faster than any other pipeline. That fluid sandpaper will destroy the joints and the pipe itself in record time.

    But just keep backing imminent domain like a good conservative... for 20 jobs.
    Oh good grief. Its not like the pipeline threatens the water-tables of 13 states, that is ridiculous. It is a 36 inch diameter tube. If you look at the anti-XL map you can see every single possible water source within several thousand feet of the pipeline. Most of which are creeks or small wells. Also no there isn't any significant risk from transporting diluted bitumen 'dilbit' especially when you use the specialized materials that the pipeline would be built with. We've had dilbit flowing into our country for years and so far none of the major pipe leaks or accidents have been related to corrosion, either here or in Canada. What would make this any different?

    Keystone XL Google Earth View | Keystone Mapping ProjectKeystone Mapping Project

  10. #40
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Once again Obama shows he is not about jobs and bends to his special interests. As well as stick it Right into the Republican's eyes since they were hoping to work out a deal with him. No time limit.....just hold off indefinitely. There is no reason for the Republicans to trust him on anything he states. Now Canada will proceed to sell to China. No pick up on the jobs and revenue. What say ye?



    The Obama administration is extending indefinitely the amount of time federal agencies have to review the Keystone XL pipeline, the State Department said Friday, likely punting the decision over the controversial oil pipeline until after the midterm elections.

    The State Department didn't say how much longer it will grant agencies to weigh in but cited a recent decision by a Nebraska judge that overturned a state law that allowed the pipeline's path through the state, prompting uncertainty and an ongoing legal battle. Nebraska's Supreme Court isn't expected to rule for another several months, and there could be more legal maneuvering after that. The delay potentially frees President Barack Obama to avoid making a final call on the pipeline until after the November election.

    "The agency consultation process is not starting over. The process is ongoing, and the department and relevant agencies are actively continuing their work in assessing the permit application," the State Department said in a statement.

    In January, the State Department said that building the pipeline would not significantly boost carbon emissions because the oil was likely to find its way to market no matter what. Transporting the oil by rail or truck would cause greater environmental problems than the pipeline, the report said.

    The State Department has jurisdiction because the pipeline would cross the border between the U.S. and Canada.....snip~

    US delays review of Keystone XL pipeline
    Associated Press By JOSH LEDERMAN and DINA CAPPIELLO 3 minutes ago
    Um, of course, there has to be a delay. With the XL pipeline in the courts, there is nothing to approve until the courts rule. The courts could rule against the people who used eminent domain illegally, according to the plaintiffs, and then a different route would have to be found for XL. So, at this time, it is all up in the air. Of course, with environmentalists screaming bloody murder over the pipeline, and energy industry lobbyists screaming bloody murder on the other side of the issue, there is no doubt that politics, and the political douchebaggery that goes along with it, is making an issue out of something that is a fairly simple legal procedure.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •