Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 129

Thread: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

  1. #111
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Here ya go Pero.....this one was from FOX. Which it has the questions they were asked as well.

    Fox News Poll: Independents more likely to back anti-ObamaCare candidates.....

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...re-candidates/
    That is correct, every poll in which broke it down by party to include indies has for the last half year or so show approximately 80-20 split among Democrats voting for a candidate who supports the ACA, the Republicans are just the opposite if a bit more so showing a 90-10 split as more likely to vote for a candidate who opposes Obama care. Left to those who associate with the two major parties roughly split on the voting for candidate who support or oppose the ACA, the Dems have a larger base hence the 50-50 split. But when you throw independents into the mix, only 35% of independents are more likely to vote for a candidate that supports the ACA vs 60% more likely to vote for a candidate that opposes the ACA. Outside of the normal ups and downs, these numbers have been fairly consistent for 6 months or so.

    But keep in mind, the ACA is only one issue and there are many issues which will enter or determine how the indies vote. Right now it looks like the ACA is on the GOP side. But with how many independent will the ACA be that deciding issue? We really do not know.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I question these polls only in the sense that people may offer their choices when asked but do they feel strongly enough to actually go to the polls to support those choices? A lot of the turnout may depend on who is the most concerned about the issues.
    Yep, it may boil down to what motivates whom. These are only national indicators, they vary state to state. It is like I said, they are a rule of the thumb, they give us an idea of what may happen, may being the optimum word. But when everything is done with, they do come pretty close to the actual results. These are tools to be used in obtaining answers, not the answers itself.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I would suggest that your political science is weak.

    Voters don't usually turn against the LOCAL politician when what they want is blocked by Washington, in this case against the will of the EPA, department of Interior, Trransport, Commerce AND the State Department, actions of a man with "a pen and a phone"......

    There is no way in hell this is trouble for Republicans; more likely some serious **** for the man who has spent over a trillion dollars to no avail in a still sluggish if not stalled economy, yet another failure of policy for the Obama administration.

    Anyone who thinks hard working welders, rough necks, pipeline and construction workers in the affected red states are going to turn out and vote FOR no jobs, they are dreaming in socialist technicolor.
    Perhaps it is weak, but in Arkansas and Louisiana Pryor and Landrieu were already in trouble for their ACA vote. Not being able to deliver on the pipeline is another jab to the face that along with other things like the ACA, low Obama approval numbers, etc in those two states may be leading to the two incumbents being knocked down and replaced come November. It is the accumulation of things, not necessary one thing that I think will lead to Republican victories in Arkansas and Louisiana.

    Now how many of the rank and file will switch their loyalties over the pipeline issue remains to be seen. I am sure some will as you said, they want the jobs and good paying jobs at that. But I think quite a lot won't, these union members view the Republicans as anti-union, but it is just another jab that will probably lead to two GOP pick ups come November.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #114
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,456

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Perhaps it is weak, but in Arkansas and Louisiana Pryor and Landrieu were already in trouble for their ACA vote. Not being able to deliver on the pipeline is another jab to the face that along with other things like the ACA, low Obama approval numbers, etc in those two states may be leading to the two incumbents being knocked down and replaced come November. It is the accumulation of things, not necessary one thing that I think will lead to Republican victories in Arkansas and Louisiana.

    Now how many of the rank and file will switch their loyalties over the pipeline issue remains to be seen. I am sure some will as you said, they want the jobs and good paying jobs at that. But I think quite a lot won't, these union members view the Republicans as anti-union, but it is just another jab that will probably lead to two GOP pick ups come November.


    They might or might be in trouble, but they are NOT responsible for "delivering on the pipeline".

    Even a rookie speech writer can destroy that thinking....
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    That is correct, every poll in which broke it down by party to include indies has for the last half year or so show approximately 80-20 split among Democrats voting for a candidate who supports the ACA, the Republicans are just the opposite if a bit more so showing a 90-10 split as more likely to vote for a candidate who opposes Obama care. Left to those who associate with the two major parties roughly split on the voting for candidate who support or oppose the ACA, the Dems have a larger base hence the 50-50 split. But when you throw independents into the mix, only 35% of independents are more likely to vote for a candidate that supports the ACA vs 60% more likely to vote for a candidate that opposes the ACA. Outside of the normal ups and downs, these numbers have been fairly consistent for 6 months or so.

    But keep in mind, the ACA is only one issue and there are many issues which will enter or determine how the indies vote. Right now it looks like the ACA is on the GOP side. But with how many independent will the ACA be that deciding issue? We really do not know.

    Yeah there are quite a few issues.....and it isn't looking good for the Demos. But people wont mistake the economy and BO Care being tied together, jobs are not miraculously appearing. Prices are going up on everything and the Fed hasn't even turned on the clock. Then inflation will make its sting felt. But the real kicker and around a lot of states. Is that issue of the Demos raising taxes.

    Running around and telling people they don't like doing it.....but its got to be done. Isn't going to help their case. Especially when as bad as things are and seeing how they have spent money and what they put forth over the people. Now they have Demos avoiding talking about BO care. Then some even coming out and saying BO care is about to surprise many, and they are not going to like whats coming. Using the argument of going after the rich and showing how they are about those parties while rubbing elbows with the Rich. Is going to be a problem for them too.

  6. #116
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah there are quite a few issues.....and it isn't looking good for the Demos. But people wont mistake the economy and BO Care being tied together, jobs are not miraculously appearing. Prices are going up on everything and the Fed hasn't even turned on the clock. Then inflation will make its sting felt. But the real kicker and around a lot of states. Is that issue of the Demos raising taxes.

    Running around and telling people they don't like doing it.....but its got to be done. Isn't going to help their case. Especially when as bad as things are and seeing how they have spent money and what they put forth over the people. Now they have Demos avoiding talking about BO care. Then some even coming out and saying BO care is about to surprise many, and they are not going to like whats coming. Using the argument of going after the rich and showing how they are about those parties while rubbing elbows with the Rich. Is going to be a problem for them too.
    In the old days, wouldn't they have been scorned as hypocrites - raising taxes while at the same time expanding the entitlement class? Then having the gall to say "we don't like doing it, but it has to be done?" No, it doesn't have to be done! Try controlling the spending for a change! They might also try insisting that people take care of themselves and their families instead of encouraging laziness and/or sloth. I agree that there should be a safety net for those who are disabled and truly can't, but the current safety nets have grown large enough to catch whales, and able-bodied and healthy whales to boot! No excuse for that, period! No wonder there is so little self respect these days - how can there be when someone else is treating you like a child! Sheesh!

  7. #117
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Just hand out work visas like candy. Then they are legal and taxable and also put into the social security and medicare funds. Then apply all wage laws to them as well that way citizens have a fighting chance to get a job rather than pitting them against those working for below minimum wage... which the corporate world wants and your ideology seems to deny.
    I have already posted that I prefer open borders, which includes what you propose above. What I don't believe is that there is any over-arching corporate policy to pay below minimum wages.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #118
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    They might or might be in trouble, but they are NOT responsible for "delivering on the pipeline".

    Even a rookie speech writer can destroy that thinking....
    No, you're right. But it is the perception and the political ads that will be run that counts. Reality means little to nothing to most folks when it comes to politics. Keep in mind most voters and especially independents do not keep track of the day to day goings on in Washington. Most won't start to pay attention until almost election time. But you can bet the ads will be all over the airwaves, Pryor and/or Landrieu couldn't deliver the pipeline because their party and president said no. Vote for me, my party is for the pipeline, not against.

    Reality has little to do with it. It is a question of whether Cotton and Cassidy can convince the voters that these two are of the wrong party to have in Washington if you want the Keystone to become a reality. You would be surprised at how many independents with everything being fairly equal are persuaded by a slogan or something cute like that.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah there are quite a few issues.....and it isn't looking good for the Demos. But people wont mistake the economy and BO Care being tied together, jobs are not miraculously appearing. Prices are going up on everything and the Fed hasn't even turned on the clock. Then inflation will make its sting felt. But the real kicker and around a lot of states. Is that issue of the Demos raising taxes.

    Running around and telling people they don't like doing it.....but its got to be done. Isn't going to help their case. Especially when as bad as things are and seeing how they have spent money and what they put forth over the people. Now they have Demos avoiding talking about BO care. Then some even coming out and saying BO care is about to surprise many, and they are not going to like whats coming. Using the argument of going after the rich and showing how they are about those parties while rubbing elbows with the Rich. Is going to be a problem for them too.
    One thing to keep in mind, when it comes to political pundits every little thing is a game changer. In reality all these game changers may actually only effect a very small percentage of the vote if it does that at all. On sites like this, it is a big thing, out there in the real world where most people are not paying attention to politics at all, it is something that is put in the backs of people's minds.

    I follow each senate race daily and check for updates, polls and articles. I do not see the Republicans taking the senate at this point and time. If I was playing Las Vegas odds maker, I would give the Republicans an 80% change for South Dakota, 70% for Montana, 60% for West Virginia, tossups or 50-50, Arkansas, Alaska, North Carolina, Louisiana, 40% Michigan, 30% Colorado, 20% Iowa. Now I would give the Democrats a 40% change of winning Kentucky and a 50-50 shot at Georgia. But these are of today and can and probably will change tomorrow.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US delays Review of Keystone XL Pipeline.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    One thing to keep in mind, when it comes to political pundits every little thing is a game changer. In reality all these game changers may actually only effect a very small percentage of the vote if it does that at all. On sites like this, it is a big thing, out there in the real world where most people are not paying attention to politics at all, it is something that is put in the backs of people's minds.

    I follow each senate race daily and check for updates, polls and articles. I do not see the Republicans taking the senate at this point and time. If I was playing Las Vegas odds maker, I would give the Republicans an 80% change for South Dakota, 70% for Montana, 60% for West Virginia, tossups or 50-50, Arkansas, Alaska, North Carolina, Louisiana, 40% Michigan, 30% Colorado, 20% Iowa. Now I would give the Democrats a 40% change of winning Kentucky and a 50-50 shot at Georgia. But these are of today and can and probably will change tomorrow.

    Yeah, well I don't just go by the Polls and the Pundits either Pero. One must make use of all pieces of the Puzzle. That also includes the money.....as well as the reality on the ground. Which hasn't changed much. These Demos are taking the Hit. Make no mistake about that.

    Also these Unions don't have to show up for Repubs. Nor do they have to show up for the Demos. One can see what happened to Romney is going to flip back on to those who brought that tactic. What goes around comes around.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •