Page 90 of 118 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1177

Thread: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’[W:254:298:850,989]

  1. #891
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Militia's only showed up after days of confrontation and showed up not because Bundy asked them to. Second, women and children were used by MLK in Birmingham as well - so by your logic MLK was a "terrorist". Nice dude.
    Bundy organizers are on the record admitting that they sent out a call to arms across the country to come to Nevada.

    Completely off topic but MLK did not bring weapons or put out a call to arms when he organized a peaceful march in Birmingham.
    Nice try ...DUDE!

  2. #892
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Completely off topic but MLK did not bring weapons or put out a call to arms when he organized a peaceful march in Birmingham.
    Nice try ...DUDE!
    You're being dishonest and creating a strawman. The tactic is using women and children. Do you dispute MLK in Birmingham used women and children and put them in front of cops, water cannons and cops brandishing guns and attack dogs?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #893
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You're being dishonest and creating a strawman. The tactic is using women and children. Do you dispute MLK in Birmingham used women and children and put them in front of cops, water cannons and cops brandishing guns and attack dogs?
    The diversionary straw man is all yours.
    There were women and children present at MLKs peaceful march at Birmingham. All the violence came unexpectedly from the other side.
    Are your sensibilities so warped by partisan politics that you see these two events as being similar? A peaceful demonstration and an armed insurrection?

  4. #894
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Bundy organizers are on the record admitting that they sent out a call to arms across the country to come to Nevada.

    Completely off topic but MLK did not bring weapons or put out a call to arms when he organized a peaceful march in Birmingham.
    Nice try ...DUDE!
    That's the key difference between Bundy and his supporters, peaceful demonstrations were trying to go ahead in MLK rallies, not armed with firearms. If MLK supporters would have shown up with firearms, there might have been another civil war. MLK demonstrations turned ugly because police were instructed by city and state officials to stop the demonstrations.

    I'm actually sort of surprised that people are equating civil rights marches to Bundy's situation. Bundy's civil rights were not violated as far as we know.

    When civil rights activist marched, they marched as one big family, united for a common goal, men, women and children participated, without weapons. Proof that you do not need weapons to get your point across to lawmakers.

  5. #895
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’[W:254:298:850]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    It worked. Didn't it?

    LOL !!

    No it didn't.

    They made fools out of themselves in front of the entire Nation.

  6. #896
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It's historical fact MLK used the same tactic... you dispute this?
    Were those people armed?

  7. #897
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’[W:254:298:850]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    LOL !!

    No it didn't.

    They made fools out of themselves in front of the entire Nation.
    The only people making fools of themselves in front of the entire nation are those defending Bundy and the armed insurrectionists.

    The best part is they think they are the patriots. The gvt could not buy that kind of free publicity in their effort to discredit the Far Right.

  8. #898
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Another, "Bundy is like MLK" argument. The Right really is something. Shameless comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Bundy organizers are on the record admitting that they sent out a call to arms across the country to come to Nevada.

    Completely off topic but MLK did not bring weapons or put out a call to arms when he organized a peaceful march in Birmingham.
    Nice try ...DUDE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The diversionary straw man is all yours.
    There were women and children present at MLKs peaceful march at Birmingham. All the violence came unexpectedly from the other side.
    Are your sensibilities so warped by partisan politics that you see these two events as being similar? A peaceful demonstration and an armed insurrection?
    You're lying or ignorant. Either way, you're wrong.

    King Institute Resources
    Children’s Crusade
    Birmingham campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford.edu
    While he faced criticism for exposing children to violence—most notably from Malcolm X, who said that “real men don’t put their children on the firing line”— King maintained that the demonstrations allowed children to develop “a sense of their own stake in freedom.” He later wrote, “Looking back, it is clear that the introduction of Birmingham’s children into the campaign was one of the wisest moves we made. It brought a new impact to the crusade, and the impetus that we needed to win the struggle.” The success in Birmingham provided momentum for the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom and helped pave the way for passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
    Educate yourself ffs and stop looking ignorant.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #899
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You're lying or ignorant. Either way, you're wrong.

    King Institute Resources
    Children’s Crusade
    Birmingham campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    Educate yourself ffs and stop looking ignorant.
    Were the people following MLK armed?

    Comparing a peacefull protest that included children to an armed insurrection where the insurgents hid behind children is what is ignorant.

  10. #900
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Were those people armed?
    Irrelevant. The tactic you claimed was "shameless" and after Buck called Bundy a "terrorist" was using women and children.... so by your own words and logic, MLK is also "shameless" and a "terrorist".

    This is the point in the program where you and Buck backpeddle and start the song and dance routine by not addressing the issue.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 90 of 118 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •