Page 55 of 118 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1177

Thread: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’[W:254:298:850,989]

  1. #541
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Looks more like taking out a domestic terrorist to me.
    Having a weapon doesn't make one a domestic terrorist...and doesn't warrant being added to obama's assassination list.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #542
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    You're wrong about that, Maryland is still a may-issue state when it comes to carry.
    Yeah, try getting one.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #543
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    A nightstick doesn't fire bullets.
    Neither do knives. They also are weapons.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #544
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Neither do knives. They also are weapons.
    Knives are tools that are sometimes used as weapons. Night sticks are weapons.

  5. #545
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    There is no question that Bundy is wrong. The law is clear and he didn't follow the law. But he isn't a domestic terrorist. He is a deadbeat that owes money to the government. Major Nidal was a domestic terrorist. He screamed Allah Akbar as he mowed down innocent people. Why didn't we call a real domestic terrorist by its correct description instead of deadbeat who owes money to the government?

  6. #546
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,697

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Having a weapon doesn't make one a domestic terrorist...and doesn't warrant being added to obama's assassination list.
    Pointing the weapon at federal agents trying to do their job, which is collecting fees and fines from a deadbeat who is grazing his cattle on public land and not paying for the privilege, sure as hell is.

    Do you think cops have a right to shoot drug dealers who are pointing a gun at them?

  7. #547
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,207

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    There is no question that Bundy is wrong. The law is clear and he didn't follow the law. But he isn't a domestic terrorist. He is a deadbeat that owes money to the government. Major Nidal was a domestic terrorist. He screamed Allah Akbar as he mowed down innocent people. Why didn't we call a real domestic terrorist by its correct description instead of deadbeat who owes money to the government?
    Very well said.

    Bundy is in the wrong here, in my opinion. But Reid and the others who selective use "domestic terrorist" to suit their purposes are more wrong.

  8. #548
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Yeah, try getting one.
    Why bother, until its shall-issue they'll only give out to .02% of applicants.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  9. #549
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Pointing the weapon at federal agents trying to do their job, which is collecting fees and fines from a deadbeat who is grazing his cattle on public land and not paying for the privilege, sure as hell is.

    Do you think cops have a right to shoot drug dealers who are pointing a gun at them?
    Ahhh, the Nuremberg defense! How cute.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  10. #550
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,697

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Ahhh, the Nuremberg defense! How cute.
    Do you believe all criminals should be able to point loaded guns at law enforcement. or do you only feel that way if they are your kind of criminals?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •