Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1177

Thread: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’[W:254:298:850,989]

  1. #1051
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do you have photographs of his actial line of sight?
    Don't need to....that little crack in the wall didn't leave him much choice but to put his sight on the police officers. That's probably why he picked it that particular spot.
    Last edited by Moot; 04-26-14 at 04:06 PM.

  2. #1052
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Did he have a round chambered?
    If by chance....someone decides to pull a gun on you, lets say at a party. Do you much care if he has a bullet chambered, or is a good shot?

  3. #1053
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do you have photographs of his actial line of sight?
    If anyone would actually check that, they'd see it's way too high as Tres got piled-on for suggesting. I was curious so, I copied it to Photoshop, lightened the dark areas and sure enough, aiming too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  4. #1054
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,497

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    You're right, that sniper hiding on the overpass looks more like an 'armed aggressor' with his loaded gun aimed at the government officials below. Gee, he's even wearing body armor like he's ready for battle.


    I recently saw some of the ground pictures of all those around the distant bridge as seen in the picture above. On one side of the bridge are armed law enforcement (Feds, County, etc). Then immediately in front of them are a lot of children and women.

    Obviously Adult women can choose to make a stand and line up in front of law enforcement. Why would either law enforcement or pissed off ranchers or armed folks on the overpass put those kids in harms way? Why would the ranchers or locals who support Bundy use them as a symbol of their beliefs?

    This stand-off also reminds me of a scene in Tombstone at the OK Corral where the situation is extremely tense and dangerous. Wyatt Earp is hoping the tension will die down, but then Doc Holiday winks at one of the bad guys knowing that it would elicit a reaction that would set of a potential shoot-out.

    It only takes one dumbass from law enforcement or a protesting rancher or Bundy supporter to do that "wink"...

  5. #1055
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    That shouldn't be too hard to prove since there are plenty of witnesses and photos of the sniper looking through his gun sights through that little crack in the concrete wall right down on the base camp of the police officers. It's going to be very hard for him to prove that he wasn't aiming his gun at anything or anyone else but those police officers. He wasn't there to smell the roses.
    Lemme' play, please? I wanna play semantics!

    Okay, we're on the battlefield, you and I and some others are on the same team, on the same field, and you and some others are in front of me.

    A. I should raise my firearm, and prepare to shoot, knowing that I might stumble with my trigger finger on the trigger, and it might go off wounding or killing you or one of our team members.

    B. I should keep my weapon pointed to the ground, or up in the air to help prevent such a horrible accident from happening.

    C. I shouldn't be there in the first place, with my firearm, or family members downrange because I might not be the crack shot I thought I was.

    Pick as many answers as you wish, it's all semantics.

    So, while being stationed in Alaska, I worked at the rec. center's boat/sports shop, cleaning boats, fixing fishing poles, you know, just a maintenance guy.

    This hunting party shows up on Friday and rents a flat bottom river boat with two engines.

    It's Sunday now, and I hear guys in the dorm talking about some dude that was out hunting had been shot in the back of his head by at least two of his hunting buddies.

    Monday after my shift, I went to the boat shop to do my moonlighting. Yep, there was the boat, blood everywhere.
    What happened was three guys in the back of the boat stood up to shoot a moose, and the guy in the front of the boat stood up first to tell them there was a moose on the river bank. The dude was shot with several different rifles, one, a 30-06.

    Now can we see the semantics of others trying to play the semantics game? I can. But, you and me know, that in real life situations, you don't raise a firearm towards a crowd of people, loaded or not, because that shows intent, which is used quite often in the courts system.
    Last edited by AJiveMan; 04-26-14 at 05:57 PM.

  6. #1056
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    I recently saw some of the ground pictures of all those around the distant bridge as seen in the picture above. On one side of the bridge are armed law enforcement (Feds, County, etc). Then immediately in front of them are a lot of children and women.

    Obviously Adult women can choose to make a stand and line up in front of law enforcement. Why would either law enforcement or pissed off ranchers or armed folks on the overpass put those kids in harms way? Why would the ranchers or locals who support Bundy use them as a symbol of their beliefs?

    This stand-off also reminds me of a scene in Tombstone at the OK Corral where the situation is extremely tense and dangerous. Wyatt Earp is hoping the tension will die down, but then Doc Holiday winks at one of the bad guys knowing that it would elicit a reaction that would set of a potential shoot-out.

    It only takes one dumbass from law enforcement or a protesting rancher or Bundy supporter to do that "wink"...
    The guy lying in the prone position with the rifle pointed toward the crowd should have had a boot planted squarely into his rear end. He was such a moron.

  7. #1057
    Student Sean.McDonnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The "Show me your papers" state
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    236

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    There hasn't been any armed resistance.
    They are resisting the fed...while holding arms....thus "armed resistance". no they haven't fired yet, because then they'd be murderers
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.- Plato

  8. #1058
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    If anyone would actually check that, they'd see it's way too high as Tres got piled-on for suggesting. I was curious so, I copied it to Photoshop, lightened the dark areas and sure enough, aiming too high.
    Did you see this photo? It doesn't look like his gun is aimed too high to me.


  9. #1059
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Alex Jones is nothing more than a guy that makes money off of nuts. The more that he riles them up the more money that he makes. He really is a nobody just like any talk radio host. What is sad or actually insane is that people believe his fictional crap. And the irony is that they go on about how the mainstream media fills people full of BS all the while just eating up the BS that infowars feeds. They were believing the lies about his family having ancestral grazing rights when it was all a bunch of lies. But it was easy to believe for them since it went along with the protest on May 16th. They didnt think it through though and didnt count on Cliven talking into the microphone too much. But he did and now Cliven is a figure that politicians will avoid. I wouldnt be surprised to see perhaps a 100 militia radicals show up in Washington for a day or two then they will fade away. Even less since Cliven will keep talking and so will the militia idiots. Also the Republicans will attack them as well. AT this rate Operation American Spring may be cancelled.

    BTW you do understand the meaning by calling it "SPRING" right? They are hoping for a Egyptian type uprising. They want what happened in Egypt to happen here in America just like those occupy twits wanted except from a rightist position instead of leftist.
    I can see how you could come to that perspective, and to say you are wrong would be too strong, however, your position here is lacking in information that would tweak that whole post to make it accurate.

    Whatever else you might say about jones, he does not believe in a violent revolution. He comes from the position that if it does come to that, whoever shoots first loses.

    The other posts you associated to jones would be akin to, if the same posts were on Facebook, using those posts to incriminate zuckerberg.

    Beyond that, I don't have the patience to go over all the details which are based in misinformation, not even about bundy, for example, about the Egyptian spring, and how it relates to a potential American spring...

  10. #1060
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Reid calls Bundy supporters ‘domestic terrorists’

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Lemme' play, please? I wanna play semantics!

    Okay, we're on the battlefield, you and I and some others are on the same team, on the same field, and you and some others are in front of me.

    A. I should raise my firearm, and prepare to shoot, knowing that I might stumble with my trigger finger on the trigger, and it might go off wounding or killing you or one of our team members.

    B. I should keep my weapon pointed to the ground, or up in the air to help prevent such a horrible accident from happening.

    C. I shouldn't be there in the first place, with my firearm, or family members downrange because I might not be the crack shot I thought I was.

    Pick as many answers as you wish, it's all semantics.

    So, while being stationed in Alaska, I worked at the rec. center's boat/sports shop, cleaning boats, fixing fishing poles, you know, just a maintenance guy.

    This hunting party shows up on Friday and rents a flat bottom river boat with two engines.

    It's Sunday now, and I hear guys in the dorm talking about some dude that was out hunting had been shot in the back of his head by at least two of his hunting buddies.

    Monday after my shift, I went to the boat shop to do my moonlighting. Yep, there was the boat, blood everywhere.
    What happened was three guys in the back of the boat stood up to shoot a moose, and the guy in the front of the boat stood up first to tell them there was a moose on the river bank. The dude was shot with several different rifles, one, a 30-06.

    .

    Oh my, that's quite a hunting story. Poor guy, I assume he didn't live to tell the tale. Growing up in Utah I used to hear about hunting "accidents" all the time. In fact, it was so common that we used to joke that if you ever wanted to bump someone off.....just take them hunting.

    Now can we see the semantics of others trying to play the semantics game? I can. But, you and me know, that in real life situations, you don't raise a firearm towards a crowd of people, loaded or not, because that shows intent, which is used quite often in the courts system
    Apparently, he failed the NRA gun safety course. "Never point a gun unless you intend to use it" is a motto I often hear from the pro-gun crowd.
    Last edited by Moot; 04-26-14 at 07:31 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •