Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 152

Thread: Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You didn't read it very thoroughly then. There are multiple reports of antisemitic acts.
    And their history is riddled with these acts. Can we really be surprised?

  2. #32
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Who is saying it is the separatists? The government in Kiev have links to neo-nazi anti-Semitics that could easily be behind this as well.
    Pushilin, the 'Peoples Governor', admitted it came from his organization but did not confirm that he authorized it. Most are alleging that the separatist secretary Kriakov is probably behind it due to his extreme antisemetic views and connections to slavic Neo-Nazi groups.

  3. #33
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You didn't read it very thoroughly then. There are multiple reports of antisemitic acts.
    What?

    The question is: Was the leaflet posted by an idiot, or is it an official act of the Russian seperatist government in Donetsk? It does not really matter if there were more antismeitic acts. Yes, there have probably been more.

    The same question stands: Are these antisemitic acts represanative of the Russian seperatists as a whole- is it their official policy? Or, are these antisemitic acts being performed by any one of the groups of armed idiots on the Russian side?

    As the report said they leaflet may well have been a "splinter group", I am going with the "idiots" theory.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    What?

    The question is: Was the leaflet posted by an idiot, or is it an official act of the Russian seperatist government in Donetsk? It does not really matter if there were more antismeitic acts. Yes, there have probably been more.

    The same question stands: Are these antisemitic acts represantive of the Russian seperatists as a whole- is it their official policy? Or, are these antisemitic acts being performed by any one of the groups of armed idiots on the Russian side.

    As the report said they leaflet may well have been a "splinter group", I am going with the "idiots" theory.
    At this point it seems unlikely that Pushilin authorized it, however since he admitted it came from within his organization (without authorization) it seems probably to suspect splinter elements. The most likely suspect that has been reported is the organizations secretary Kriakov who was in fact privately accused by several Jewish representatives in Donetsk.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Wrong. Requiring someone to register their firearm is because of something they're doing or have done. Requiring Jews to register is because of what they were when they were born.
    No you're wrong..... Owning a firearm is NOT against the law, nor is anyone who owns one breaking the law.

    The purpose of registration is identification, and when it's mandatory it is mandatory identification.

    First I don't give a **** about your "opinion" on this issue, but in what universe does privacy go out the window when once embraces their civil liberties?

    Maybe we should start registering protestors with the government next -- because "you never know."

    You're messing with a slippery slope here and the end result will be mandatory government inspections of your home...... It's only a matter if time through "progress" that that will happen.

    It only took a few years before the Patriot Act was shifted from terrorists to US citizens....

    Registration leads to confiscation - that is the intent. Just like mandatory registration of Jews in Germany lead to their holocaust.

    This has NOTHING to do with crime and everything to do with a government that is authoritarian and tyrannical - a government that doesn't like what they cannot control.

    What you fail to realize is that all these ideas are nothing more than IDEAS, weather or not it's religion or politics - registration is nothing more than a means to identify an individual, segregate and individual or cull an individual....
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 04-17-14 at 03:19 PM.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Exactly, and said by one Rabbi, no less.




    Please don't encourage him.
    Thanks for the chuckle - I needed that
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  7. #37
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Great, now Israel will get involved. That's just what the situation calls for. Not.

    It will be interesting to see how it is handled if they do get involved. After all, Israel protecting the Jews in Ukraine isn't far off from Putin protecting the Russians.

    Is this only in Eastern Ukraine, or is it all over Ukraine?
    Why would Israel need to get involved? The Sec of State is on the case.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No you're wrong..... Owning a firearm is NOT against the law, nor is anyone who owns one breaking the law.

    The purpose of registration is identification, and when it's mandatory it is mandatory identification.

    First I don't give a **** about your "opinion" on this issue, but in what universe does privacy go out the window when once embraces their civil liberties?

    Maybe we should start registering protestors with the government next -- because "you never know."

    You're messing with a slippery slope here and the end result will be mandatory government inspections of your home...... It's only a matter if time through "progress" that that will happen.

    It only took a few years before the Patriot Act was shifted from terrorists to US citizens....

    Registration leads to confiscation - that is the intent. Just like mandatory registration of Jews in Germany lead to their holocaust.

    This has NOTHING to do with crime and everything to do with a government that is authoritarian and tyrannical - a government that doesn't like what they cannot control.

    What you fail to realize is that all these ideas are nothing more than IDEAS, weather or not it's religion or politics - registration is nothing more than a means to identify an individual, segregate and individual or cull an individual....
    *sigh*. Guy, you go on ahead with your 'gun owners are the real victims' rant. You and I could argue on this all day long - you'd be sure I'm flat wrong, and I'd be sure you're flat wrong...sorta reminds me of religious debates I've had in the past.

    My brother was at least as conservative as you, and he was SO sure that "an armed society is a peaceful society". I mentioned Japan and asked him what he thought the homicide rate in Japan was, since guns are scarce as hen's teeth there. His reply was, "I don't know, at least as much as ours!" And the argument went downhill from there. The ignorance - willful ignorance - simply astounds.

    But you go on ahead with your rant - I won't reply further.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  9. #39
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    At this point it seems unlikely that Pushilin authorized it, however since he admitted it came from within his organization (without authorization) it seems probably to suspect splinter elements. The most likely suspect that has been reported is the organizations secretary Kriakov who was in fact privately accused by several Jewish representatives in Donetsk.
    If Pushilin said it was issued under his authority, but with out authorization, then I guess I can accept that.

    At the same time, the syntax of the leaflet suggested somebody with a low education wrote it. Perhaps the source is wrong as to who authorized it and it was just an idiot group, or perhaps this does not say much about the intellects of the Russian seperatist leadership?

    For example:
    - "Slavic Republic of Donetsk"? Urkainians are slavs to. Thus, Donestsk is going to be "slavic" whether it is Russian or Ukrainian. Transdinistra dispute involves non slavic Romanians.
    - Registering with Ukrainians? Do friendly, anti western Ukrainiains still register? Who exactly is a Ukrainian vs a russifed Ukrainian?
    - Dont forget to bring your fifty bucks in cash! Yeah, I am sure that is going right into the Donetsk treasury.
    Last edited by Cryptic; 04-17-14 at 03:36 PM.

  10. #40
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    What do you know of eastern europe cardinal? What do you understand of this place in the world other than it's "a bit west of russia". Pathetic.

    Your assumption are completely unfounded and try and paint a picture that doesn't exist.

    This is happening because a lot of jews and jewish organizations in Ukraine have came out very outspokenly in support of ukrainian independence and territorial integrity. And hence, the pro-russian forces in eastern Ukraine have decided, in order to suppress dissent to the occupation and the inevitable path for russian annexation of eastern ukraine, to intimidate and scare the jews into silence and submission. Just like they did with the tartars in Crimea. It's not about anti-semitism. It's about being eficient at suppressing dissent and it's easy to target a group of people based on their ethnicity. So just target them and the jews who support Ukraine, as per the declaration of jewish organizations, will be intimidated and less likely to cause problems.

    You're both talking out of your asses about things you have no understanding of.
    So targeting Jewish people based on their ethnicity, whether or not its for larger political reasons, isn't anti-semitic?
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •