Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 188

Thread: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

  1. #151
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,756

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No, no I dont.

    I dont live in a homeless shelter or on Skid Row and where in the hell do you live if your surrounded by drunks ?

    The City I live in will send a stoner's ass to jail in a heartbeat.

    Marijuana is NOT legal here and never will be.
    How do you know if you're surrounded by drunks or not? How do you know if you're surrounded by stoners or not?

    You come off as very small-minded.

  2. #152
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No, no I dont.

    I dont live in a homeless shelter or on Skid Row and where in the hell do you live if your surrounded by drunks ?

    The City I live in will send a stoner's ass to jail in a heartbeat.

    Marijuana is NOT legal here and never will be.
    Guess what, you live surrounded by "stoners" already despite its legal status, yet do not even realize it. Same goes with drunks, this buzz free Utopia you think you live in is self delusion.

    Not everyone who uses (and this does also include abuses) sticks out like a sore thumb, the vast majority go about their lives right under your nose while you are oblivious. You seem to be seizing upon a small segment at the extreme end of the bell curve and extrapolating that to all.

    Edit: of course having read this thread these sloppy generalizations are a recurring theme from multiple posters.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  3. #153
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    How do you know if you're surrounded by drunks or not? How do you know if you're surrounded by stoners or not?

    You come off as very small-minded.

    I am how God intended me to be, SOBER.

    If you're not into Faith then I am what evolution intended me to be, SOBER.

    No, you are not designed to go through life in a perpetual drug addled haze of compromised intelligence.

    You are not at your best or brightnest under the influence of mind altering chemicals and AGAIN, addiction doesn't just hurt the addict.

    It tears Families apart, it ruins marriages and it cost lives.

    The Left wing Politicians want their constituents to be stupid, compromised and dependent.

    If they cant burn the books or keep their supporters from educating themselves out of their political influence they'll just refuse to enforce the laws that stop this self destructive poverty enhancing behaviour.

    It SHOULD piss you people off, but you havn't woken up yet apparently.

    Hard to do that when your'e perennially High.

  4. #154
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I am how God intended me to be, SOBER.

    If you're not into Faith then I am what evolution intended me to be, SOBER.

    No, you are not designed to go through life in a perpetual drug addled haze of compromised intelligence.

    You are not at your best or brightnest under the influence of mind altering chemicals and AGAIN, addiction doesn't just hurt the addict.

    It tears Families apart, it ruins marriages and it cost lives.

    The Left wing Politicians want their constituents to be stupid, compromised and dependent.

    If they cant burn the books or keep their supporters from educating themselves out of their political influence they'll just refuse to enforce the laws that stop this self destructive poverty enhancing behaviour.

    It SHOULD piss you people off, but you havn't woken up yet apparently.

    Hard to do that when your'e perennially High.
    You do not have a right to raise your children in a society where you lock people in cages for consuming a plant you disapprove of.

    If you could point out where in the constitution or bible where you were granted this right, we'd love to see it. Please cite specific references.

    I hate oregano. Do I have the right to lock you in a cage for consuming it?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #155
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,756

    Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I am how God intended me to be, SOBER.

    If you're not into Faith then I am what evolution intended me to be, SOBER.

    No, you are not designed to go through life in a perpetual drug addled haze of compromised intelligence.

    You are not at your best or brightnest under the influence of mind altering chemicals and AGAIN, addiction doesn't just hurt the addict.

    It tears Families apart, it ruins marriages and it cost lives.

    The Left wing Politicians want their constituents to be stupid, compromised and dependent.

    If they cant burn the books or keep their supporters from educating themselves out of their political influence they'll just refuse to enforce the laws that stop this self destructive poverty enhancing behaviour.

    It SHOULD piss you people off, but you havn't woken up yet apparently.

    Hard to do that when your'e perennially High.
    Your ranting of right wing religious nonsense isn't going to do anything. Marijuana will be federally legal, just as alcohol already is, and there's nothing you can do about it besides move out of the country. Sorry.

    But don't worry, I will guarantee you that even when it is legal nationally, there will not be any more stoners in this country than there is now.

  6. #156
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    521

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I had a buddy in high school that was probably the brightest guy in our class, and he was extremely outgoing. He found pot, and within a year, he had no gleam in his eye. He became this blank, empty loner of a guy that I could hardly recognize.

    It eats your brain, folks. Legal or not, it destroys who you are.

    On a selfish note, it culls the herd for my kids, whom I'm confident find potheads to be as pathetic as I do.

    Marijuana is comprised of 400+ chemicals. With each strain, the amounts of each chemical varies greatly.

    Humans are comprised of 60 chemical elements with varying levels of each from one person to the next.

    To say marijuana affects all people the same is plain idiocy. Studies like this are pointless. Your sample size of one hardly constitutes first-hand knowledge on the subject.
    Last edited by JRSaindo; 04-18-14 at 01:49 PM.

  7. #157
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Firstly you compared compounds to elements so that doesn't fly. Perhaps the best way to look at it is that the study did uncover what it says it uncovered but it is likely fair to say that the effects aren't as pronounced or disabling as the anti-weed groups tend to say. I don't think there is any question that nicotine is way more addictive and alcohol is much more disabling than marijuana. Probably best not to use it but it doesn't seem to be as terrible as some would like people to believe.

  8. #158
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I am how God intended me to be, SOBER.

    If you're not into Faith then I am what evolution intended me to be, SOBER.

    No, you are not designed to go through life in a perpetual drug addled haze of compromised intelligence.

    You are not at your best or brightnest under the influence of mind altering chemicals and AGAIN, addiction doesn't just hurt the addict.

    It tears Families apart, it ruins marriages and it cost lives.

    The Left wing Politicians want their constituents to be stupid, compromised and dependent.

    If they cant burn the books or keep their supporters from educating themselves out of their political influence they'll just refuse to enforce the laws that stop this self destructive poverty enhancing behaviour.

    It SHOULD piss you people off, but you havn't woken up yet apparently.

    Hard to do that when your'e perennially High.
    Everything you spouted out of your religious orifice in regards to marijuana can be said of alcohol. Do you remember your history?
    Alcohol prohibition was tried for 13 years and the results are IN! It frikken failed.
    Or do you believe alcohol prohibition was a success? If so please explain how so
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  9. #159
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Your ranting of right wing religious nonsense isn't going to do anything. Marijuana will be federally legal, just as alcohol already is, and there's nothing you can do about it besides move out of the country. Sorry.

    But don't worry, I will guarantee you that even when it is legal nationally, there will not be any more stoners in this country than there is now.
    So your a atheist AND a Pot head ?

    Wow, you've got one bright future ahead of you.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    You do not have a right to raise your children in a society where you lock
    people in cages for consuming a plant you disapprove of.

    If you could point out where in the constitution or bible where you were granted this right, we'd love to see it. Please cite specific references.

    I hate oregano. Do I have the right to lock you in a cage for consuming it?
    I would be OK Aplaca, with Marijuana being classified as a controlled substance and then giving Physicians the freedom to prescribe it for any variety of legitimate health issues.

    Like yours for instance.

    I will NEVER agree to the legalization of marijuana for the purpose of getting stoned.

    It is a far powerful and dangerous drug than its made out to be, especially for the younger generations.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •