Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 188

Thread: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

  1. #111
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    LOL !! Elixer ? More like Snake Oil.

    What a bunch of NONSENSE.

    Eat right and exercise and you wont need to "keep your blood sugar in check".

    Homosapiens have a evolved a pretty perfect physiological process for the regulation of blood sugar and even PH and they never needed to lower their IQ by 30 points to do it..

    Same thing with Cancer Cells.

    Your body will fight them off on its own as long as you're healthy and your immune system isn't compromised.

    You people are just ridiculous. Lol ! Now Dope is "healthy".

    You keep beleiving that nonsese. It just means we're getting even closer to the inevitable reset that comes when millions and millions of Human beings finnaly exceed a critical level of Stupidity.
    Native American's understood the health benefits of Cannabis. There is strong evidence that the founding fathers grew and enjoyed cannabis. The only reason is that it is now demonized is because of the successful smear campaign spearheaded by William Randolph Hearst back in the 30's.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  2. #112
    Professor
    Cassandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    11-02-17 @ 02:39 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,319

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    LOL !! Elixer ? More like Snake Oil.

    What a bunch of NONSENSE.

    Eat right and exercise and you wont need to "keep your blood sugar in check".

    Homosapiens have a evolved a pretty perfect physiological process for the regulation of blood sugar and even PH and they never needed to lower their IQ by 30 points to do it..

    Same thing with Cancer Cells.

    Your body will fight them off on its own as long as you're healthy and your immune system isn't compromised.

    You people are just ridiculous. Lol ! Now Dope is "healthy".

    You keep beleiving that nonsese. It just means we're getting even closer to the inevitable reset that comes when millions and millions of Human beings finnaly exceed a critical level of Stupidity.
    Yeh there are a number of studies showing positive medical uses for marijuana and there are strains like "Charlotte's Web" that have been developed to eliminate the cannibinoid T.H.C. so there is no "high". "Charlottes web" oil very effectively suppresses epilepsy and desperate parents are moving to Colorado to obtain it for their kids. Look it up.

    Personally, I have never liked the high of marijuana but I do think it has great potential medically- and with few side effects. And yes, it has also been studied in Europe and Israel and shown to have anti-cancer applications. It may be useful for Parkinsons patients. The sad thing is that puritan America is so afraid of anyone, anywhere being unproductively high, that studies of medical uses have been all but forbidden. The U.S. has not approved studies unless they were designed to show harm.

  3. #113
    Professor
    Cassandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    11-02-17 @ 02:39 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,319

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Well, Fenton up to 50% of Americans will have cancer at some point in their life and it is unlikely that exercise and a healthy diet will alter the trend. Here is what some Israeli researchers have to say about the U.S. approach to M.J.

    " Professor Reches said he found it "astonishing" that questions presented to the NIH regarding scientific research on medical marijuana are directed to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

    Mechoulam is looking ahead. "Governments," he says, "should set aside the recreational aspects and find a way to allow scientific research to advance."


    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...ical-marijuana

  4. #114
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,298

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Well, Fenton up to 50% of Americans will
    have cancer at some point in their life and it is unlikely that exercise and a healthy diet will alter the trend. Here is what some Israeli researchers have to say about the U.S. approach to M.J.

    " Professor Reches said he found it "astonishing" that questions presented to the NIH regarding scientific research on medical marijuana are directed to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

    Mechoulam is looking ahead. "Governments," he says, "should set aside the recreational aspects and find a way to allow scientific research to advance."


    PhD in Weed: Meet Israel

    So ?!

    98 percent of men who live past the age of 90 will get prostrate cancer.

    Yea we all die of something, but the idea that Marijuana is " healthy " is just ridiculous propaganda from the " we want to get high " crowd.

    At least be honest and drop the Bull S*** false narrative that classifies marijuana as a "positive" alternative to anything.

    Its highly destructive on a personal level and on a societal level.

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,797

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    From my experience the methods we have to compensate for the chemical imbalance and then trying to learn coping techniques is like giving a person a case of beer and asking them to drive a car.
    Not my experience at all. I didn't like SSRIs and was only on them for a few months, but to compare the effect to a case of beer is pretty absurd.

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,797

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Eat right and exercise and you wont need to "keep your blood sugar in check".
    And here I thought diabetes was a disease that some people needed drugs to control when all they need is to change their diet. You should write a paper on your findings.

    Same thing with Cancer Cells.

    Your body will fight them off on its own as long as you're healthy and your immune system isn't compromised.
    LOL. That's too ignorant to parody.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,298

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Native American's understood the health benefits of Cannabis. There is strong evidence that the founding fathers grew and enjoyed cannabis. The only reason is that it is now demonized is because of the successful smear campaign spearheaded by William Randolph Hearst back in the 30's.

    Lol !

    Yea those Native Americans built up quite a metropolis and were pioneers in everything from mathematics to physics to poetry.

    And Im part Cherokee, but Im also honest and dont buy into the BS that Marijuana is "healthy".

  8. #118
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,199

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds | Fox News



    Duh.

    I laugh every time I hear from pot smokers that marijuana use is completely harmless compared to alcohol. No one can possibly believe marijuana is the least bit harmless.

    I had a buddy in high school that was probably the brightest guy in our class, and he was extremely outgoing. He found pot, and within a year, he had no gleam in his eye. He became this blank, empty loner of a guy that I could hardly recognize.

    It eats your brain, folks. Legal or not, it destroys who you are.

    On a selfish note, it culls the herd for my kids, whom I'm confident find potheads to be as pathetic as I do.
    Those kids and their marijuana cigarettes.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  9. #119
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,298

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And here I thought diabetes was a disease
    that some people needed drugs to control when all they need is to change their diet. You should write a paper on your findings.



    LOL. That's too ignorant to parody.
    LOL !!

    Yea, what hack physician would have their diabetic patients change their diet ??

    LMAO !!

    Yea, thats NEVER a treatment option for the Millions of Americans who are suffering from type 1 or 2 diabetes.

    Are you High now ???

  10. #120
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,797

    Re: Casual marijuana use linked with brain abnormalities, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    At least be honest and drop the Bull S*** false narrative that classifies marijuana as a "positive" alternative to anything.

    Its highly destructive on a personal level and on a societal level.
    That's a pretty sweeping indictment. Got any evidence for it?

    At the societal level, the by FAR largest destructive force related to MJ is the War on Drugs that has wasted $10s or $100s of billions, and ruined millions of lives, while enriching a few drug lords, in a futile battle to curtail usage that will never succeed because intelligent, responsible people have used it safely, without ill effects for generations now and so completely disregard the kind of fear mongering stated above.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •