Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 499

Thread: Armed guards surround Bundy, supporters fear imminent threat[W:208]

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Armed guards surround Bundy, supporters fear imminent threat

    I had heard he once had 900 grazing permits - probably back when they raised the rate for the turtle (yeah its offensive to me - but you pay it or you elect people to get it removed). 900x1.37x12 monthsx15 years isn't $1.1 million but with interest - I'll bet its close.


    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    My problem is with the way the FedGov has and is handling this situation.

    My figures show he owes a little over $150,000 (depending on the number of cattle over the years) which he's said in the past he would pay to Clark county. They won't take it.

    You are correct that the BLM and other authorities let this go way too long.

    Exclusive: Does Cliven Bundy Have Something Called

  2. #212
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Armed guards surround Bundy, supporters fear imminent threat

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I'm on the right and I have no problem with the law being enforced here. However, in this case the government could have, should have just gotten a judgement, set a lien on his cattle and his property YEARS AGO. Follow the normal course which is to repossess and sell off to satisfy said lien.

    I think they gave him far too much slack for far too long.
    They did almost a year ago. It's on page 5 at the very end of this judgement dated 7-9-2013

    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Bundy shall remove his livestock from the New Trespass Lands within 45 days of the date hereof, and that the United States is entitled to seize and remove to impound any of Bundy's cattle that remain in trespass after 45 days of the date hereof.

    IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the United States is entitled to seize and remove to impound any of Bundy's cattle for any future trespasses, provided the United States has provided notice to Bundy under the governing regulations of the United States department of the Interior.


    http://www.thewildlifenews.com/wp-co...ndy-7-9-13.pdf
    20 years is a LOT of slack.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Armed guards surround Bundy, supporters fear imminent threat

    I will say this, my wife did the math for me, since 1994 our family has paid $147,040 in range fees. If bundy gets away with his antics - I want a refund!

  4. #214
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    mid-illinois
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: Armed guards surround Bundy, supporters fear imminent threat

    one silver lining to all this..
    Im expecting all at the bundy ranch to also act with as much fervor to stop the Keystone pipeline.

  5. #215
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,925

    Re: Armed guards surround Bundy, supporters fear imminent threat

    The ironic thing is that he is violating Nevadas constitution and may not know it.

    The Irony of Cliven Bundy's Unconstitutional Stand - Atlantic Mobile
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  6. #216
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Armed guards surround Bundy, supporters fear imminent threat

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And yet...there HAVE been cattle grazing on it for 20+ years. NOW it is an incident? NOW they justify spending as much in recon, personnel, administration, Temporary duty costs, and court costs that are more expensive than what they could collect in grazing fees? (not to mention risking an armed confrontation where law enforcement officials joked about filling coffins). Look...Bundy is no hero and there should be a legal resolution here. But dont you think that an administration that cant pull its own hand out of its collective ass, that cant/wont enforce things like illegal immigration laws and is essentially LOST on every metric looks rather moronic deciding to make THIS their 'stand'? You cant negotiate with the state of Nevada and a ****ing RANCHER...and you think you are going to discuss foreign policy with world leaders?
    IF you READ the articles online you see the issue has been in court several times. I'd say this is a last resort to send the message- a CON message BTW- no one is above the law. This is on Bundy, he refused to cooperate, refused to remove his cattle from a now prohibited area, he refused to pay the rather low fees for access to PUBLIC LAND. Bundy risked an armed confrontation... should the 'law' simply ignore a man who has refused to obey court rulings and the law????

    The ONLY way there is a legal resolution is if Bundy cooperates. What other thief gets to CONTINUE to break the law, continue to steal and all the 'law' does is send new court date documents. Bundy appears to have a sense of entitlement due to his kin settling in the area just after statehood, a modern day cattle baron who thinks his opinion is law.

    Immigration is a CON deflection... millions are being deported, the BLM is in NO WAY connected to ICE. What a twisted CON game to try and use immigration to rant about other enforcing of the law...

  7. #217
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Armed guards surround Bundy, supporters fear imminent threat

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    IF you READ the articles online you see the issue has been in court several times. I'd say this is a last resort to send the message- a CON message BTW- no one is above the law. This is on Bundy, he refused to cooperate, refused to remove his cattle from a now prohibited area, he refused to pay the rather low fees for access to PUBLIC LAND. Bundy risked an armed confrontation... should the 'law' simply ignore a man who has refused to obey court rulings and the law????

    The ONLY way there is a legal resolution is if Bundy cooperates. What other thief gets to CONTINUE to break the law, continue to steal and all the 'law' does is send new court date documents. Bundy appears to have a sense of entitlement due to his kin settling in the area just after statehood, a modern day cattle baron who thinks his opinion is law.

    Immigration is a CON deflection... millions are being deported, the BLM is in NO WAY connected to ICE. What a twisted CON game to try and use immigration to rant about other enforcing of the law...
    No...Immigration is not a CON deflection and if you actually believe that you are a moron. We have an army of border patrol, ICE, state and local law enforcement officials that are fed trained, teams of attorneys, and entire government agencies in place to enforce established and existing federal law. Conversely...you have a rancher who has been violating the law for 20 years and been pretty consistently ignored and THAT is the issue you decide you want to scramble the troops on? Oh...and BTW...doesnt the administration look rather impotent that A-they decided to send in an army of people and B-then they ran home with their tails between their legs? No...they shouldnt have (how did the one Administration official put it) filled coffins...they simply should have handled it smarter from the get-go. Hell...start with being honest. The money for grazing fees...Meh...bull****. Thats not what this is about. Protecting the sacred tortoise? Again...bull****. The government doesnt care about that. The government wants to prevent him from grazing on the BLM lands because they want to build a solar array there. OK...people need solar power...I'm hip. Show an honest representation of why you actually give a **** all of a sudden.

    The administration looks like the always look. Weak...impotent...pathetic.

  8. #218
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: Armed guards surround Bundy, supporters fear imminent threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Meanwhile back at the other ranch, Ukraine and Russia are about to start WWIII.

    This is no time for another Civil War.
    Its the perfect time for the second not so civil Civil War.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  9. #219
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Armed guards surround Bundy, supporters fear imminent threat

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No...Immigration is not a CON deflection and if you actually believe that you are a moron. We have an army of border patrol, ICE, state and local law enforcement officials that are fed trained, teams of attorneys, and entire government agencies in place to enforce established and existing federal law. Conversely...you have a rancher who has been violating the law for 20 years and been pretty consistently ignored and THAT is the issue you decide you want to scramble the troops on? Oh...and BTW...doesnt the administration look rather impotent that A-they decided to send in an army of people and B-then they ran home with their tails between their legs? No...they shouldnt have (how did the one Administration official put it) filled coffins...they simply should have handled it smarter from the get-go. Hell...start with being honest. The money for grazing fees...Meh...bull****. Thats not what this is about. Protecting the sacred tortoise? Again...bull****. The government doesnt care about that. The government wants to prevent him from grazing on the BLM lands because they want to build a solar array there. OK...people need solar power...I'm hip. Show an honest representation of why you actually give a **** all of a sudden. The administration looks like the always look. Weak...impotent...pathetic.
    Any proof the 'government' wants THAT land for solar power, or just more CON crap to deflect from a long time thief, who as ignored the courts BTW, FINALLY, not suddenly getting the LAW enforced on his arrogant butt.

    "Troops" have been on the border for decades, this admin has been rounding up MORE illegals than the BushII one. You are just slinging crap to avoid the facts about Bundy and his long time law breaking. He wasn't ignored, the court system took time to try and give the putz time to back down and remove his cattle.

    I doubt you have rounded up a single cow in your lifetime much less hundreds at a time... it takes a small 'army' on thousands of acres. Bundy and a few rather rabid self proclaimed militia types have ranted online about this and it would be disgraceful to send civilian wranglers into a hot mess without LE to safeguard them.

    The government banned grazing in 1993, has been to court over it and the final straw was Bundy ignoring a court order to REMOVE his cattle.

    I agree the BLM should have continued the round-up, Bundy is pushing for a violent confrontation. But I can imagine the CON bloggers firing up- but not flocking to the fire fight- calling any confrontation another 'Waco'

    I can't find where an 'administration official' said anything about filling coffins.... where is that???

    Nawww, if a bunch of city takers squatted in a National park, detroying the flora, crapping everywhere, and defied court orders to vacate are you saying you'd tell us you're ok with that..... time for you to be honest....

  10. #220
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Armed guards surround Bundy, supporters fear imminent threat

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Its the perfect time for the second not so civil Civil War.
    Shout the Grunt Leader Battle Cry- "FOLLOW ME!" and have at it....

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •