Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 107

Thread: Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center

  1. #91
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center

    Why the ****ing hell do people make such a massive deal over what ethnicity, religion or ideology a shooter belonged too? It's ****ing disgusting and disturbing. Bottom line, someone committed an atrocious crime and needs to be punished for it.

    Let's not try to lump the murderer into a group so that we can justify hate for a political ideology. Conservatives may try to call him "Muslim" because they want to dislike Muslims.

    Liberals may want to label them a neo-nazi because somehow they think more neo-nazis/white supremacists vote Republican or that because they are a racist group that they reflect Republicans (after all, the R in Republican means racist.)

    Seriously, it gets old and it's disgusting.
    Last edited by digsbe; 04-14-14 at 03:51 PM.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center

    Look....I'm usually one that suggests not to jump to conclussions, wait for information to come out, etc...

    But I think we're going a little crazy if we're having a cow over someone referring to a person screaming Heil Hitler while killing jews on a jewish holiday as a "neo-nazi". Is it an assumption? Yes. Is it a crazy leap of judgement or one that is reasonable to asusme is simply based off some kind of political agenda? Not really.

    Had he gone on about crazy right wing nazi I'd perhaps think differently. But Neo-Nazi basically is short hand for modern day nazi fan....which, regardless of this guys ethnicity or religion, would SEEM to fit the bill.

  3. #93
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,872
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Liberals may want to label them a neo-nazi because somehow they think more neo-nazis/white supremacists vote Republican or that because they are a racist group that they reflect Republicans (after all, the R in Republican means racist.)
    Calling him a Neo-Nazi isn't a liberal thing. The facts are that the attacker yelled "Hiel Hitler" and targeted Jewish persons. It's not a stretch to assume "Neo Nazi", in fact, I'd argue that's be the logical conclusion for most people.

    And in fairness, it wasn't really conservatives in general suggesting the attacker might've been a Muslim, just a few people talking about things they shouldn't.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  4. #94
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center

    Dear God I hope it's only dinosaurs still holding hate & resentment against Jews....I mean, who does that these days?

    Let's hope he and all his ilk die out quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,774

    Re: Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Dear God I hope it's only dinosaurs still holding hate & resentment against Jews....I mean, who does that these days?

    Let's hope he and all his ilk die out quickly.
    Unfortunately, way too many hold to anti-Semitic thoughts
    ADL Audit: Anti-Semitic Incidents Declined 19 Percent Across the United States in 2013; Assaults Against Jews on Rise
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  6. #96
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @ 3 dead after shootings at Kansas City-area Jewish centers - CNN.com

    So disturbing. And so wrong on so many levels. This is basically my hometown and i know exactly where this place is. God, I hate fascist neo-nazis. Thoughts and prayers go to the people affected. [/FONT][/COLOR]



    I read about that earlier; really a damn shame. What gets into people to do stuff like this, I don't know....

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #97
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,803

    Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Dear God I hope it's only dinosaurs still holding hate & resentment against Jews....I mean, who does that these days?

    Let's hope he and all his ilk die out quickly.
    Some ilk are so disturbed and hateful that they hurt others.

    I wish that they would just kill themselves or only other ilk.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Why the ****ing hell do people make such a massive deal over what ethnicity, religion or ideology a shooter belonged too? It's ****ing disgusting and disturbing. Bottom line, someone committed an atrocious crime and needs to be punished for it.

    Let's not try to lump the murderer into a group so that we can justify hate for a political ideology. Conservatives may try to call him "Muslim" because they want to dislike Muslims.

    Liberals may want to label them a neo-nazi because somehow they think more neo-nazis/white supremacists vote Republican or that because they are a racist group that they reflect Republicans (after all, the R in Republican means racist.)

    Seriously, it gets old and it's disgusting.
    BREAKING: KS Jewish Center Shooter ID’d: “WHITE NATIONALIST LEADER” Fraiser Glenn Cross, Jr. from Aurora, Missouri | The Gateway Pundit
    Frasier Glenn Cross AKA Glenn Miller has a long history as a white supremacist, was once a Grand Wizard in the Klu Klutz Klan and at one time he ran for congress in Missouri.
    He has been officially charged with a hate crime and fist degree murder.
    He is part of several groups.
    300x455xglenn-miller.jpg
    Last edited by Buck Ewer; 04-14-14 at 10:15 PM.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,469

    Re: Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I read about that earlier; really a damn shame. What gets into people to do stuff like this, I don't know....


    Surround yourself with KKK members and white supremacist groups and this hatred becomes normal.



    Why couldn't they take a couple hundred Black Panthers and a couple hundred KKK members and toss them both into a football field. Now that would have a high tv audience.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Some ilk are so disturbed and hateful that they hurt others.

    I wish that they would just kill themselves or only other ilk.
    I agree but that was still kinda funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •