Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 184

Thread: Under fire, Brandeis cancels plan to honor anti-Islam feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali

  1. #171
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Under fire, Brandeis cancels plan to honor anti-Islam feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    This topic is extremely frustrating because I find there is so much disingenuousness on the subject because it makes people uncomfortable.

    .
    I don't know if it is really disingenuosness so much as it is utter dogmatism and lack of intelligence. People assume it is their duty to defend Islamists because they equate such defense with a virtue associated with and misapplied by their chosen ideology -- that of defending people against bigotry. In addition, they see it as "liberal" (their tribe) to defend Islamists no matter what, as all they know is that an enemy of their enemy is their friend. The right in a general sense is their enemy and so if the right is outspoken in regards to Islamists, by golly, they will then defend them. It is all pretty stupid and conformist, but few people ever think in any sort of original way,as they go about their business of adding their voice to the choir.

    Having various self-described liberals routinely defend the very least liberal political/religious philosophies on the face of the Earth is Orwellian enough.To have them so motivatedin their zeal for political correctness that they would savage a women of color who has been victimized by the oppression of such ideology is well beyond the pale.

    Sometimes I think the world has gone mad so often do I see this same pattern.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #172
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Under fire, Brandeis cancels plan to honor anti-Islam feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Conservatives always ignore analogies that show them to not know what they are talking about. It's called denial.




    You really shouldn't speak in absolutes. .



    ummmmmmmm........
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #173
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Under fire, Brandeis cancels plan to honor anti-Islam feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I don't know if it is really disingenuosness so much as it is utter dogmatism and lack of intelligence. People assume it is their duty to defend Islamists because they equate such defense with a virtue associated with and misapplied by their chosen ideology -- that of defending people against bigotry. In addition, they see it as "liberal" (their tribe) to defend Islamists no matter what, as all they know is that an enemy of their enemy is their friend. The right in a general sense is their enemy and so if the right is outspoken in regards to Islamists, by golly, they will then defend them. It is all pretty stupid and conformist, but few people ever think in any sort of original way,as they go about their business of adding their voice to the choir.

    Having various self-described liberals routinely defend the very least liberal political/religious philosophies on the face of the Earth is Orwellian enough.To have them so motivatedin their zeal for political correctness that they would savage a women of color who has been victimized by the oppression of such ideology is well beyond the pale.

    Sometimes I think the world has gone mad so often do I see this same pattern.
    what are you suggesting is being defended. Ali is a liar who had to resign from Parliament because of it. She makes blanket statements about Islam that are untrue and does nothing to stop the horrors she only seems to notice is the Muslim world, all the while getting paid large sums of money to spread her lies and hate. Yes she is under the gun as Theo Van Gogh was and that is horrible and anyone caught threatening her should go to prison or worse. But the bottom line is she, like so many others, are simply spread hate for Islam and not fighting the bigger issue that exists in the world. Again female genital mutilation and forcing women to submit are not simply Islamic practices and predate Islam.

  4. #174
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Under fire, Brandeis cancels plan to honor anti-Islam feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    what are you suggesting is being defended. Ali is a liar who had to resign from Parliament because of it. She makes blanket statements about Islam that are untrue and does nothing to stop the horrors she only seems to notice is the Muslim world, all the while getting paid large sums of money to spread her lies and hate. Yes she is under the gun as Theo Van Gogh was and that is horrible and anyone caught threatening her should go to prison or worse. But the bottom line is she, like so many others, are simply spread hate for Islam and not fighting the bigger issue that exists in the world. Again female genital mutilation and forcing women to submit are not simply Islamic practices and predate Islam.
    Your constant apologetics for a regressive,totalitarian political ideology reveals you to be something quite other than an actual liberal.

    a true liberal would be championing the rights of women against systematic oppression rather than savaging them in order to remain in lock-step with their oppressors.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Under fire, Brandeis cancels plan to honor anti-Islam feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    Posted before I finished. There are Christian militia in Africa killing people for simply not being Christian......those are ignored.
    Bombings are common...so what are you talking about?
    What about something like this??Ron Prosor: The Middle East War on Christians - WSJ.com

  6. #176
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Under fire, Brandeis cancels plan to honor anti-Islam feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I don't know if it is really disingenuosness so much as it is utter dogmatism and lack of intelligence. People assume it is their duty to defend Islamists because they equate such defense with a virtue associated with and misapplied by their chosen ideology -- that of defending people against bigotry. In addition, they see it as "liberal" (their tribe) to defend Islamists no matter what, as all they know is that an enemy of their enemy is their friend. The right in a general sense is their enemy and so if the right is outspoken in regards to Islamists, by golly, they will then defend them. It is all pretty stupid and conformist, but few people ever think in any sort of original way,as they go about their business of adding their voice to the choir.

    Having various self-described liberals routinely defend the very least liberal political/religious philosophies on the face of the Earth is Orwellian enough.To have them so motivatedin their zeal for political correctness that they would savage a women of color who has been victimized by the oppression of such ideology is well beyond the pale.

    Sometimes I think the world has gone mad so often do I see this same pattern.
    I think it's more that there is a deep, powerful, and justified sense of equality and fairness in the West and that there is a very real fear of having discrimination and hate aimed at Muslim communities. The problem is that this gets worked int overdrive and it precludes frank critiques of the religion itself.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Under fire, Brandeis cancels plan to honor anti-Islam feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Sorry Grant, but you are incorrect. What they called themselves is irrelevant. The ideology they practiced is what is relevant. Most right wingers have no idea exactly what communism is. You seem to be no exception. Communistic forms of government always turn into fascist states. Human psychology dictates that.
    So it's not what many millions of Communists call themselves, what their leaders call themselves, what every follower calls themselves, it's what Captain Courtesy decides to call them that's important. This is why the left are convinced their policies can never fail; because it wasn't what true leftist policies really are.
    We've already established that it is right wingers that attempt to rewrite history. We saw you do it on the issue of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the fact that it has always been conservatives who were the ideology of racism. This is no exception.
    Of course racism in America, and elsewhere, goes well beyond the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and like refusing to call Communists Communists, Or National Socialists Socialists, you also refuse to call Democrats Democrats. These are revisions of history that every layman can understand.
    No, I've posted excerpts from Mussolini's writing here at DP plenty of times. He denounces socialism, and left wing ideology. For Mussolini, fascism was certainly right wing.
    This is obviously important to you but perhaps you need a history lesson that you can just watch and listen to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-oS4WLui3Q

    Conservatives are what they were. I am fairly uninterested in whether they were Democrats or Republicans. The party of which they belonged is pretty evident.
    This is a way the left can always say, "No, it wasn't really (Communism, National Socialism, Fascism, Democrats), it was conservatives! Conservatives, in your mind at least, will always be the racists while any sort of leftist movement will always get a pass. This is self delusion on an unhealthy scale.
    No, it comes from the right. Historical revisionism is what the right does.
    You are doing it right here in your posts!!

    I listen to the right try to shut down discussion all the time, from gay marriage, to ACA, to the economy. You can post all the articles that you want. I can post all the articles that I want. Guess what that changes? Nothing.
    Then perhaps you should continue with sites with less diversity of opinion, which also happens to be a subject related to this thread.

  8. #178
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Under fire, Brandeis cancels plan to honor anti-Islam feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Your constant apologetics for a regressive,totalitarian political ideology reveals you to be something quite other than an actual liberal.
    show me where I have done that.

    a true liberal would be championing the rights of women against systematic oppression rather than savaging them in order to remain in lock-step with their oppressors.
    I do more to help women around the world in a day than you likely have done in your lifetime...........but please tell me why you think this.

  9. #179
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Under fire, Brandeis cancels plan to honor anti-Islam feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali


  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Under fire, Brandeis cancels plan to honor anti-Islam feminist Ayaan Hirsi Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Conservatives always ignore analogies that show them to not know what they are talking about. It's called denial.
    Yeah, whatever.

    Which is irrelevant and goes to my analogy that you conveniently avoided. BRANDEIS made the decision. Whether they received pressure or feedback is irrelevant to that point.
    Brandeis made the decision to invite her and after pressure from CAIR and other Muslims groups they dis-invited her. That is the basics of this subject. If you don't understand that much then then it's not clear why you are even participating on this thread.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •