Page 84 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 1412

Thread: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

  1. #831
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nope....I lost nothing...When you decide to actually debate let me know....Right now we are just having fun....
    But, you never answered the question below from a previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post

    Did you ever rent, lease or buy a home or property? Did you pay?
    Since it wasn't answered, it can only mean one thing, still living at mothers house, no rent, no lease, don't have to buy anything, basically mooching like Clyde Bundy does.

  2. #832
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,470

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing | Fox News



    I hope these federal agents don't go full retard over some cattle grazing. Helicopters? Really?
    Here's a question for the libertarians out there - the guy said he has a right to let his cattle graze on federal land because it's HIS land since he's an American citizen, right? So that means that I have just as much right to that land as he does, right?

    So if I say that that's MY land and I don't want HIS cattle crapping all over MY land, who decides who's right?

    Think about it - that rancher's claims are not much different than, say, owning a hundred dogs and allowing them to crap in a (federally-owned) national park every day for years, and saying that it's okay because he owns that land...and can do what he will with it even though other American citizens tell him that no, he can't do that.

    Who decides? Who has more right to that land? The rancher and those who support him, or the rest of the American people who say that he can't do that? Who decides?
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  3. #833
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    What Supreme Court ruling made the law unconstitutional?
    When the Fed lied and tried to use the turtles as a point of contention. IT was a lie.

  4. #834
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    By Valerie Richardson-The Washington Times Tuesday, April 15, 2014

    Sending scores of armed agents along with helicopters and dogs to confront an elderly Nevada rancher over grazing fees may seem like overkill, but critics say it’s not inconsistent with the federal government’s recent approach to environmental enforcement.

    The simmering truce between the Bundys and the Bureau of Land Management comes after high-profile raids last year by armed federal agents on small-time gold miners in tiny Chicken, Alaska, and guitar makers at the Gibson Guitar facilities in Tennessee.


    That doesn’t include more subtle threats, such as recent efforts by the Obama administration to raise grazing fees or pressure permit holders to transfer their water rights as a condition of renewal, said Ryan Yates, director of congressional relations for the American Farm Bureau.

    “Some have called it a culture of intimidation,” Mr. Yates said. “It’s issue after issue, threat after threat. It’s becoming harder and harder to keep those operations in business.”



    Read more: 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    That's about right....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #835
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Here's a question for the libertarians out there - the guy said he has a right to let his cattle graze on federal land because it's HIS land since he's an American citizen, right? So that means that I have just as much right to that land as he does, right?

    So if I say that that's MY land and I don't want HIS cattle crapping all over MY land, who decides who's right?

    Think about it - that rancher's claims are not much different than, say, owning a hundred dogs and allowing them to crap in a (federally-owned) national park every day for years, and saying that it's okay because he owns that land...and can do what he will with it even though other American citizens tell him that no, he can't do that.

    Who decides? Who has more right to that land? The rancher and those who support him, or the rest of the American people who say that he can't do that? Who decides?
    This will all be litigated in a court of law, not a state of Nevada court either, it will be decided in federal court.

    Besides, Clyde has already admitted to owing the federal government money, he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on.

    It's just a matter of time before the feds try to arrest him. Armed militia are at his side, so this might not have a pretty ending.

  6. #836
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,255

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Here's a question for the libertarians out there - the guy said he has a right to let his cattle graze on federal land because it's HIS land since he's an American citizen, right? So that means that I have just as much right to that land as he does, right?

    So if I say that that's MY land and I don't want HIS cattle crapping all over MY land, who decides who's right?

    Think about it - that rancher's claims are not much different than, say, owning a hundred dogs and allowing them to crap in a (federally-owned) national park every day for years, and saying that it's okay because he owns that land...and can do what he will with it even though other American citizens tell him that no, he can't do that.

    Who decides? Who has more right to that land? The rancher and those who support him, or the rest of the American people who say that he can't do that? Who decides?
    A politician in Washington who's never seen Nevada, in your world.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #837
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    When the Fed lied and tried to use the turtles as a point of contention. IT was a lie.
    That does not make it unconstitutional.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  8. #838
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    But, you never answered the question below from a previous post.


    Since it wasn't answered, it can only mean one thing, still living at mothers house, no rent, no lease, don't have to buy anything, basically mooching like Clyde Bundy does.

    Listen here pal, I own my own home...What do you own?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #839
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    This will all be litigated in a court of law, not a state of Nevada court either, it will be decided in federal court.

    Besides, Clyde has already admitted to owing the federal government money, he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on.

    It's just a matter of time before the feds try to arrest him. Armed militia are at his side, so this might not have a pretty ending.
    Who's "Clyde"?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #840
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Listen here pal, I own my own home...What do you own?
    Are you or have you paid for it? If yes, then Clyde should take a page out of your playbook on how to pay up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •