Page 60 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1412

Thread: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

  1. #591
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Now you really have run out of arguments, your all too self important "seniority" is almost as lame as your argument.
    Sorry - I just had to quote your whining about hyperbole. Everyone was a newb at some point.

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Your seniority does not make you a better poster, but if you need to believe that.....LOL
    Your naivete doesn't make you a good poster either.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #592
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    So I am bad because I support the rule of law and respect the findings from court cases?

    You want anarchy, provided it is the anarchy you agree with.
    So you accuse, then are unsure about your accusation.... clever.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #593
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    So I am bad because I support the rule of law and respect the findings from court cases?

    You want anarchy, provided it is the anarchy you agree with.
    Didn't say you were bad.

    Here's a question: Would you have supported the rebels at Concord bridge? Would you condemn them as nut-job extremists for stealing government musket and powder?

  4. #594
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,843

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    And stealing deserves death of everyone, even the innocent in that family, children, the infirm and old. They all deserve to die right?
    It's what the Bible says to do: 1 Samuel 15 now I am sure some apologist will come along and tell us that Bundy and his family shouldn't be equated with the Amalekites. My point however is that the Lord God YWHW told Saul, "3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  5. #595
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,375

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Sorry - I just had to quote your whining about hyperbole. Everyone was a newb at some point.



    Your naivete doesn't make you a good poster either.
    You brought up seniority, pretty much a weak last ditch approach at making a personal attack because you can't argue the subject.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  6. #596
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,375

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    Didn't say you were bad.

    Here's a question: Would you have supported the rebels at Concord bridge? Would you condemn them as nut-job extremists for stealing government musket and powder?
    Not the same. We have a government, we have rules, we have courts. You want anarchy? Move to Somalia.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  7. #597
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Not the same. We have a government, we have rules, we have courts. You want anarchy? Move to Somalia.
    The rebels at Concord bridge had government, rules, and courts as well. Would you support them raising arms against government employees in order to steal government musket and powder?

  8. #598
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,843

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I'd suggest that y'all read this eminently fair article about the situation before supporting an armed eviction of Cliven Bundy and his cattle.
    Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy | Power Line
    You and others may think it is fair simply because the writer admits that Bundy is legally wrong, however the justifications as to why "You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy" are simply fallacious.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  9. #599
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,843

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Good for him. Its a unconstitutional law.
    As usual, WRONG!!

    Nevada constitution

    Article 1, Section 2

    All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for the protection, security and benefit of the people; and they have the right to alter or reform the same whenever the public good may require it. But the Paramount Allegiance of every citizen is due to the Federal Government in the exercise of all its Constitutional powers as the same have been or may be defined by the Supreme Court of the United States; and no power exists in the people of this or any other State of the Federal Union to dissolve their connection therewith or perform any act tending to impair, subvert, or resist the Supreme Authority of the government of the United States.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  10. #600
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So now the right's idea of property rights means the rightful owner of land must surrender their property to the state
    Nice twist.

    You have a problem with the concept of buying land?
    I have a problem with the Federal Govt forcing someone to sell it, even if that someone is a foreign govt.

    Owned by the federal govt
    No, by the people of the United States.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •