Page 34 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1412

Thread: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

  1. #331
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,927

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    There are SEVEN golf courses in the small town of Mesquite.
    As I said earlier, you don't know what you're talking about with this area .
    And how many are in vegas or phoenix or elsewhere in the southwest. How many are there in palm springs? You are just ragging on the people of mesquite because you are bigoted against Mormons.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  2. #332
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Too bad the BLM isn't so concerned with public lands on the North Side of the Rio Grande.

    You know, the lands that illegals have turned into a Dump.
    I've been reading up to this post with no desire to post in here, until I saw the clueless post underneath this one with a "Thread hijack in progress" image. That post is what's wrong with this thread, and your post is what's important in this thread (to me anyway).

    Somehow on page 1 this got turned into a "right versus left" issue, which is NOT what this is all about. It's the Feds focusing on and sending a virtual army into the desert to go after a rancher and his cattle. Meanwhile, illegals are crossing the border by the truckload and dumping everything from used diapers to empty bottles of Mogen David 20/20 in the lands right there, and the Feds cover their eyes to that - and so do the Americans.

    I'm glad someone brought this up. The fact that the poster after you posted what he did shows that he doesn't even understand the issue at hand.

  3. #333
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, it IS his land, actually.

    Did you read my post at all? Or, are you so blinded with hatred towards anyone who doesn't kiss Obama's feet that you throw a temper tantrum?
    Wow, you think this is about Obama? (hint, the laws changed under Reagan)

    How many times does this clown have to lose in court? Or does this welfare queen keep getting a free pass to mooch from you?
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  4. #334
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I've been reading up to this post with no desire to post in here, until I saw the clueless post underneath this one with a "Thread hijack in progress" image. That post is what's wrong with this thread, and your post is what's important in this thread (to me anyway).

    Somehow on page 1 this got turned into a "right versus left" issue, which is NOT what this is all about. It's the Feds focusing on and sending a virtual army into the desert to go after a rancher and his cattle. Meanwhile, illegals are crossing the border by the truckload and dumping everything from used diapers to empty bottles of Mogen David 20/20 in the lands right there, and the Feds cover their eyes to that - and so do the Americans.

    I'm glad someone brought this up. The fact that the poster after you posted what he did shows that he doesn't even understand the issue at hand.

    ....because this whole story is about illegal aliens?

    Focus on one angry thing at a time, this is about a welfare queen stealing from the taxpayers.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  5. #335
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    To me this is a case of eminent domain. The Bundy's used the land long before the BLM and the Feds took the land over. Bundy considers his family to be grandfathered in to use of the land and the feds claim control of the land by taking from the State of Nevada. The Bundy's are the last ranchers left in Nevada from news reports I've heard and I've also heard accounts from former ranchers saying that the BLM forced them out of ranching. The cattle the Bundy's raise are free range and as the BLM forces ranchers like Bundy out of the cattle business, what we are left with are small midwestern farmers protecting their greenbelt tax deductions and factory farms where most of our beef comes from.

    It's a tough call. I don't think Bundy's legal argument stands up, but I really dislike the Federal government bringing armed troops to use force against Americans who pose no threat to the public. I oppose the recent arming of the IRS and I oppose the militarization of Homeland Security. These two agencies are armed for one reason and that is civilian uprising against a tyrannical government. Posse Comitatus prohibits using the military against American civilians and the arming of these domestic departments only affects citizens.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  6. #336
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    ....because this whole story is about illegal aliens?

    Focus on one angry thing at a time, this is about a welfare queen stealing from the taxpayers.
    No, this story is about the Feds focusing too hard on this man instead of worrying about issues that pose danger to all Americans.

    I don't lose sleep at night because some rancher doesn't pay fees to Uncle Sam. I do lose sleep because illegals are coming into this country in droves which drains both our economy and our safety.

    If you want to stretch the discussion to include welfare queens, that's fine. How about all of those able bodied young men who collect welfare checks and use their EBT cards to buy ripple and cigarettes?

    Get the distinction now?

  7. #337
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    No, this story is about the Feds focusing too hard on this man instead of worrying about issues that pose danger to all Americans.

    I don't lose sleep at night because some rancher doesn't pay fees to Uncle Sam. I do lose sleep because illegals are coming into this country in droves which drains both our economy and our safety.

    If you want to stretch the discussion to include welfare queens, that's fine. How about all of those able bodied young men who collect welfare checks and use their EBT cards to buy ripple and cigarettes?

    Get the distinction now?

    Focusing too hard? They did nothing for years! They won in court every time. This guy should have been tossed on his ass years ago.

    Sorry dude, you can't talk about EBT cards, this moocher fleeced you of 1 million dollars....that is a pretty big deadbeat isn't it?
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  8. #338
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    You do realize the land and issue is a state issue not a Fed issue right?
    your point would be valid if we were discussing land owned by the state
    please offer something as proof that it is the state and not the federal government which owns the land in question

    BLM had no right to be there to begin with.
    again, if you can show us that the lands in question are not the federal government's property, then you would have proven your point
    until you are able to offer us such proof, your assertion is without any degree of merit
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Focusing too hard? They did nothing for years! They won in court every time. This guy should have been tossed on his ass years ago.

    Sorry dude, you can't talk about EBT cards, this moocher fleeced you of 1 million dollars....that is a pretty big deadbeat isn't it?
    Wow, a million dollars worth of grass? Yea, real criminal there. Pfffffft

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    your point would be valid if we were discussing land owned by the state
    please offer something as proof that it is the state and not the federal government which owns the land in question


    again, if you can show us that the lands in question are not the federal government's property, then you would have proven your point
    until you are able to offer us such proof, your assertion is without any degree of merit
    Look it up, its state land.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •