Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1412

Thread: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

  1. #1391
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,820

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    It's beginning to look like the locals are getting a bit upset with the militia types

    Concerns growing about militia members at Bundy ranch - 8 News NOW

    Businesses lose thousands in Bundy ordeal - 8 News NOW
    One Mesquite city leader said the entire Holiday Inn Express was evacuated for hours following a bomb threat related to the Bundy saga more than two weeks ago.

    8 News NOW obtained a police report which also shows the hotel received at least nine threatening phone calls in April, after they allowed BLM rangers to stay in the hotel.

    Workers were told to kick out the BLM or they "would not be standing in the morning."
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  2. #1392
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    It's beginning to look like the locals are getting a bit upset with the militia types

    Concerns growing about militia members at Bundy ranch - 8 News NOW
    How very leftist of them.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1393
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    It's beginning to look like the locals are getting a bit upset with the militia types

    Concerns growing about militia members at Bundy ranch - 8 News NOW
    Don't these clowns have real jobs like normal people? Seriously, is bundy paying them or something?
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  4. #1394
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    are bundy's cattle today grazing on federal lands without permit?
    j-mac says they are. I wonder. If he's right, the the BLM did screw up. Does anyone have a credible link showing what the end result of this little operation was?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #1395
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    j-mac says they are. I wonder. If he's right, the the BLM did screw up. Does anyone have a credible link showing what the end result of this little operation was?
    "(CNN) -- A tense, weeklong showdown appeared to end Saturday between the federal government and supporters of a Nevada cattle rancher battling the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) over unpaid grazing fees on public land.

    The BLM stopped rounding up rancher Cliven Bundy's cattle and returned about 300 head of cattle to the open range to avoid the potential for violence, according to the BLM and CNN affiliate KSNV."

    Nevada rancher standoff ends with feds returning cattle in dispute over unpaid public land grazing fees - WPEC-TV CBS12 News :: News - Top Stories

    Is that good enough for you?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1396
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "(CNN) -- A tense, weeklong showdown appeared to end Saturday between the federal government and supporters of a Nevada cattle rancher battling the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) over unpaid grazing fees on public land.

    The BLM stopped rounding up rancher Cliven Bundy's cattle and returned about 300 head of cattle to the open range to avoid the potential for violence, according to the BLM and CNN affiliate KSNV."

    Nevada rancher standoff ends with feds returning cattle in dispute over unpaid public land grazing fees - WPEC-TV CBS12 News :: News - Top Stories

    Is that good enough for you?
    Notice to stop potential bias. These means breaking the law wins. We've set a precedence. Now, drug deals can can be left alone due to the possibility of violence. And these anti-government folks should rush to support them.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1397
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Notice to stop potential bias. These means breaking the law wins. We've set a precedence. Now, drug deals can can be left alone due to the possibility of violence. And these anti-government folks should rush to support them.

    Notice it actually said to "avoid potential violence", NOT "to stop violence" as you tried to put it changing the actual meaning of the report, skewing it to read as though there was violence going on....As for "breaking the law", are you speaking of the government imposing the fines? Or the protesters opposing the government actions? It makes a difference.

    There was a precedence set. It was set at Waco, it was set at Ruby Ridge, it was set with Kilo, and it is continuing to be set with the land grabs across the country through regulation masking itself as law. At some point people have to see the march toward Communism we are marching toward, and stop. The first plank of communism is

    "The Abolition of property in land and the application of all rents of land to public purposes. "

    It started with Hoover, and has morphed since then into regulation like the EPA and Kilo, until we have **** like the Federal government owning 87% of Nevada....

    Your "drug deal" analogy is hollow, and IMHO diversion meant to draw false equivalency, and highly dishonest as a form of making your point....It is also the most common of fallacy to say that A = B, you don't like B, so therefore you must be against A as well....But you know that.

    What we have on display with Bundy to the letter is

    "CONFISCATION OF THE PROPERTY OF ALL EMIGRANTS AND REBELS. (The confiscation of property and persecution of those critical - "rebels" - of government policies and actions, frequently accomplished by prosecuting them in a courtroom drama on charges of violations of non-existing administrative or regulatory laws.)"

    Now, you'll say that the regulation of EPA protection of the tortoise is law, and does exist, but that is the sneaky thing....It's a totally made up construct to control people...

    If Bundy had paid his fees, and fines on time, his cattle would be able to graze legally today...although some environmental protection has been a good thing, and proven to have aided in cleaning up our lands, lakes, rivers, and air, it has been corrupted by progressive global socialists, and anarchists that would love to see nothing better in their eyes than to have the US fail, and crumble....But that's my opinion....Ask yourself Joe, Here are the 10 planks that Marx said must be done to bring down a free enterprise society, and you tell me how many are being done today, by this administration....

    1. Abolition of property in land and the application of all rents of land to public purposes.

    2. A heavy progressive or graduated incometax.

    3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

    4. CONFISCATION OF THE PROPERTY OF ALL EMIGRANTS AND REBELS.

    5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the State.

    6. Centralization of the means of communications and transportation in the hands of the State.

    7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State.

    8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies especially for agriculture.

    9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of population over the country.

    10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.

    Now you tell me what of these are not either being attempted, or are already in place?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1398
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,820

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    #10 is the only one of the Ten Planks presently implemented by federal, state and local governments. Public education was present well before ol' Karl and Mr Engels wrote the Manifesto.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  9. #1399
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "(CNN) -- A tense, weeklong showdown appeared to end Saturday between the federal government and supporters of a Nevada cattle rancher battling the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) over unpaid grazing fees on public land.

    The BLM stopped rounding up rancher Cliven Bundy's cattle and returned about 300 head of cattle to the open range to avoid the potential for violence, according to the BLM and CNN affiliate KSNV."

    Nevada rancher standoff ends with feds returning cattle in dispute over unpaid public land grazing fees - WPEC-TV CBS12 News :: News - Top Stories

    Is that good enough for you?
    Yep.

    What a bunch of wussies. Bundy won, the cattle are still grazing illegally, the cowboy welfare queen is still freeloading, and the Negro still isn't enslaved.

    Can't the government do anything right?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #1400
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Notice it actually said to "avoid potential violence", NOT "to stop violence" as you tried to put it changing the actual meaning of the report, skewing it to read as though there was violence going on....As for "breaking the law", are you speaking of the government imposing the fines? Or the protesters opposing the government actions? It makes a difference.

    There was a precedence set. It was set at Waco, it was set at Ruby Ridge, it was set with Kilo, and it is continuing to be set with the land grabs across the country through regulation masking itself as law. At some point people have to see the march toward Communism we are marching toward, and stop. The first plank of communism is

    "The Abolition of property in land and the application of all rents of land to public purposes. "

    It started with Hoover, and has morphed since then into regulation like the EPA and Kilo, until we have **** like the Federal government owning 87% of Nevada....

    Your "drug deal" analogy is hollow, and IMHO diversion meant to draw false equivalency, and highly dishonest as a form of making your point....It is also the most common of fallacy to say that A = B, you don't like B, so therefore you must be against A as well....But you know that.

    What we have on display with Bundy to the letter is

    "CONFISCATION OF THE PROPERTY OF ALL EMIGRANTS AND REBELS. (The confiscation of property and persecution of those critical - "rebels" - of government policies and actions, frequently accomplished by prosecuting them in a courtroom drama on charges of violations of non-existing administrative or regulatory laws.)"

    Now, you'll say that the regulation of EPA protection of the tortoise is law, and does exist, but that is the sneaky thing....It's a totally made up construct to control people...

    If Bundy had paid his fees, and fines on time, his cattle would be able to graze legally today...although some environmental protection has been a good thing, and proven to have aided in cleaning up our lands, lakes, rivers, and air, it has been corrupted by progressive global socialists, and anarchists that would love to see nothing better in their eyes than to have the US fail, and crumble....But that's my opinion....Ask yourself Joe, Here are the 10 planks that Marx said must be done to bring down a free enterprise society, and you tell me how many are being done today, by this administration....

    1. Abolition of property in land and the application of all rents of land to public purposes.

    2. A heavy progressive or graduated incometax.

    3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

    4. CONFISCATION OF THE PROPERTY OF ALL EMIGRANTS AND REBELS.

    5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the State.

    6. Centralization of the means of communications and transportation in the hands of the State.

    7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State.

    8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies especially for agriculture.

    9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of population over the country.

    10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.

    Now you tell me what of these are not either being attempted, or are already in place?
    Once you say that we can break laws absent penalty, we can make any law one we can break. I used an extreme example to make the point. When Rosa Parks broke the law, she expected to be arrested, and was. So was MLK. They was no arming up to prevent being arrested. They understood the law and the consequences, and accepted them. You support no punishment for someone breaking the law, and that is the bottom line. If the law is wrong, let it come to light. But you don't arm up and say we'll shoot law enforcement personal.

    Now, I don't think this meets the level of civil rights either. This is just a freeloader using government land. Whether the government in that state has gone to far is another issue, and one worthy of discussion outside this event. But this is no hero of any movement. He's just a welfare rancher.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •