Page 139 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1412

Thread: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

  1. #1381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, and why would the government have looked bad "no matter what they did"? Could it be that they are over reaching in the first place?
    Big time, which is why I'm glad they didn't choose to do something that would have caused an engagement. The ranchers would have lost.

    Yeah, now that you mention it, I have seen posts by you earlier saying that....I apologize....
    Thank you very much, apology accepted.

    Eh, I deserved that I guess...
    It happens and I'm no more right for saying it how I did, so for that I apoogize, I could have handled it better than I did.

    I agree...And think we need to get to the bottom of this before it ramps up into a shooting incident...
    I agree there and hopefully this will die down but I've got my doubts because the more and more the militia crosses the line, the closer the government will have no choice but to intervene.

    That's why I think it was a strategic move on the part of the government. The government knows Bundy has public support, but if the militia overteps it's bounds and does something stupid, the public will demand something be done.

  2. #1382
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Did they succeed at that? I don't think they did....They packed up and left after destroying some infrastructure, and seized some cattle (not all), and they ended up giving most of the cattle back so they say, so it seems to me they got their asses handed to them...
    You mean to say you think freeloader Bundy is still sucking at the government teat and running his cattle on public land for free?

    If that's so, then they did indeed fail. I was under the impression that they put an end to his illegal operation.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #1383
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    You mean to say you think freeloader Bundy is still sucking at the government teat and running his cattle on public land for free?

    If that's so, then they did indeed fail. I was under the impression that they put an end to his illegal operation.

    No, they didn't put an end to anything....As far as I know, they tried to sell the cattle they stole, by doing it in Utah, and the auction houses all turned the government down for fear of being "blacklisted".... When the BLM pulled out the announced that they were returning Bundy's cattle...So far they have stopped nothing, but they have succeeded in making themselves look impotent....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1384
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "Unfair"? According to whom? You? Pfft! Forgive me if I don't care what you think is unfair, or not....And with a court order in hand they did have a reason to come to the ranch, and enforce the courts order, I agree with that...But, you have to wonder why this rancher had so much reach in support at such short notice....It is because, IMHO, that people in that area, and indeed ranchers across the country feel that the government is using regulation, and heavy handed enforcement to destroy their way of life, business, and force them out of areas in the west for land grabs...So, now in order to argue that the government is overbearing, and heavy handed I have to argue to you why someone should be able to break the law? Nah, I won't do that...It is a false construct...Instead tell me why, a rancher with NO links to what may, or may not have happened in the past, needs to have what amounts to a para military force show up to enforce a simple eviction? Tell me why this group of government thugs wanted to set up "Free speech zones".... Is that America to you Joe? Free Speech Zones?
    No, unfair based on reasoning. It is unfair to criticize the government for enforcing the law. It is unfair to suggest no matter what has happened prior to coming in that the agents shouldn't be I force enough to protect themselves. it is unfair to suggest that because you don't know a rancher was involved to say the government agents must assume he wasn't. This for safety and to arrest. So, your reasoning rings hollow. It's the type of thing can be seen when you so someone without an agenda, a bias.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1385
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, unfair based on reasoning. It is unfair to criticize the government for enforcing the law. It is unfair to suggest no matter what has happened prior to coming in that the agents shouldn't be I force enough to protect themselves. it is unfair to suggest that because you don't know a rancher was involved to say the government agents must assume he wasn't. This for safety and to arrest. So, your reasoning rings hollow. It's the type of thing can be seen when you so someone without an agenda, a bias.
    The 'agenda' is in the government owning 87% of Nevada, and other states out west....That's bull ****.....But I understand your complete fealty....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1386
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The 'agenda' is in the government owning 87% of Nevada, and other states out west....That's bull ****.....But I understand your complete fealty....
    Whether that is or not is another issue, best settled through legal means. This is just a freeloader trying get something for free.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1387
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Whether that is or not is another issue, best settled through legal means. This is just a freeloader trying get something for free.
    A liberal against giving away free stuff...I have seen it all.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  8. #1388
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    A liberal against giving away free stuff...I have seen it all.
    Maybe your stereotype of a liberal needs revision?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1389
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Maybe your stereotype of a liberal needs revision?
    I was just ribbin' ya.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  10. #1390
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, they didn't put an end to anything....As far as I know, they tried to sell the cattle they stole, by doing it in Utah, and the auction houses all turned the government down for fear of being "blacklisted".... When the BLM pulled out the announced that they were returning Bundy's cattle...So far they have stopped nothing, but they have succeeded in making themselves look impotent....
    are bundy's cattle today grazing on federal lands without permit?

    and placing obstacles in the way of a public auction does not well serve bundy
    the costs of sale are deducted first from sales proceeds, and only then does the residual amount apply against his judgment/obligation
    by thwarting the public auction, bundy has only incurred more costs of sale which will reduce the remainderman available to be applied against his debt

    you identify these outcomes as 'wins' for bundy. facts and reason disagree with your assessment
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •