Page 138 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1412

Thread: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

  1. #1371
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Of course there is, but there is also such a thing as an unfair way to look at things. Objectively, there was reason to both come and come in force. Bundy was breaking the law. There had been episodes of violence. So tell me why the guy breaking the law deserves support, so we can defend others who violates laws.
    "Unfair"? According to whom? You? Pfft! Forgive me if I don't care what you think is unfair, or not....And with a court order in hand they did have a reason to come to the ranch, and enforce the courts order, I agree with that...But, you have to wonder why this rancher had so much reach in support at such short notice....It is because, IMHO, that people in that area, and indeed ranchers across the country feel that the government is using regulation, and heavy handed enforcement to destroy their way of life, business, and force them out of areas in the west for land grabs...So, now in order to argue that the government is overbearing, and heavy handed I have to argue to you why someone should be able to break the law? Nah, I won't do that...It is a false construct...Instead tell me why, a rancher with NO links to what may, or may not have happened in the past, needs to have what amounts to a para military force show up to enforce a simple eviction? Tell me why this group of government thugs wanted to set up "Free speech zones".... Is that America to you Joe? Free Speech Zones?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1372
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    and get the freeloader off of the land without firing a shot.
    Did they succeed at that? I don't think they did....They packed up and left after destroying some infrastructure, and seized some cattle (not all), and they ended up giving most of the cattle back so they say, so it seems to me they got their asses handed to them...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1373
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Did they succeed at that? I don't think they did....They packed up and left after destroying some infrastructure, and seized some cattle (not all), and they ended up giving most of the cattle back so they say, so it seems to me they got their asses handed to them...
    Not really it was a strategic move on their part. They could have blasted every one of those hillbillies into dust if the government REALLY wanted to.

    Now, they are letting them hang themselves with their own rope:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...ffic-flow.html

    As soon as one of these militia members REALLY screws up and ends up shooting an innocent person, they are all toast and the government wins.

  4. #1374
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Hi j-mac

    Well, let's agree on at least one thing here, that it's not clear who showed up first, the militias or the BLM. But, I will concede that the BLM was already in the area where Bundy's cattle might have been gathered. But those may or may not have been the BLM LE people, they might have been ordinary cowboys (the BLM has cowboys you know) trying to round up some.

    It's kinda like, well, which came first, the chicken, or the egg.
    Hi there JM..

    No, I won't that it is "unclear who showed up first".... For pages you have been mocking, and disparaging anyone who suggested that the BLM were first on the scene, because it allows you to paint Bundy as a nut that is just sitting there waiting for a war....You tried to use an article showing the timeline of events from the WaPo that I posted earlier, and thought without reading it that it proved your point, when in fact it doesn't....Now instead of simply saying that BLM was there first, and moving on, you want to say 'we don't know'? hahahha! Nah, that isn't how it works man.....April 5, is before April 10 period....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1375
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hi there JM..

    No, I won't that it is "unclear who showed up first".... For pages you have been mocking, and disparaging anyone who suggested that the BLM were first on the scene, because it allows you to paint Bundy as a nut that is just sitting there waiting for a war....You tried to use an article showing the timeline of events from the WaPo that I posted earlier, and thought without reading it that it proved your point, when in fact it doesn't....Now instead of simply saying that BLM was there first, and moving on, you want to say 'we don't know'? hahahha! Nah, that isn't how it works man.....April 5, is before April 10 period....


    Armed BLM law enforcement was on the ground rounding up steer, that's a good one.
    Last edited by AJiveMan; 04-30-14 at 09:31 AM.

  6. #1376
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Not really it was a strategic move on their part. They could have blasted every one of those hillbillies into dust if the government REALLY wanted to.

    Now, they are letting them hang themselves with their own rope:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...ffic-flow.html

    As soon as one of these militia members REALLY screws up and ends up shooting an innocent person, they are all toast and the government wins.
    Well, I haven't read the OP in the other thread yet. But as a general matter, I am not keen on "malitia" doing anything...But a "strategic" move would be, "lose the battle to win the war" type of thing, so, no matter how you spin it, the battle was lost by the government, and the war goes on....

    As for the government having ability to "turn those hillbillies into dust".... Sounds to me like that was your preferred outcome....Not only disparaging the people that were there by using a derogatory name to label them with, but actually hoping that they did such...I find that part of it from you TNE, disgusting....In the end, you really just project that you are for authoritarian government.

    We'll have to see if anything like that happens, I hope not....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1377
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Did they succeed at that? I don't think they did....They packed up and left after destroying some infrastructure, and seized some cattle (not all), and they ended up giving most of the cattle back so they say, so it seems to me they got their asses handed to them...
    Meh, I used to have wet dreams too, mostly when I was a teen.

  8. #1378
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, I haven't read the OP in the other thread yet. But as a general matter, I am not keen on "malitia" doing anything...But a "strategic" move would be, "lose the battle to win the war" type of thing, so, no matter how you spin it, the battle was lost by the government, and the war goes on....
    As I said before it was a strategic move. The government would have looked bad no matter what they did only the solution they did amounted to no lose of life.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    As for the government having ability to "turn those hillbillies into dust".... Sounds to me like that was your preferred outcome....Not only disparaging the people that were there by using a derogatory name to label them with, but actually hoping that they did such...I find that part of it from you TNE, disgusting....In the end, you really just project that you are for authoritarian government.
    Nope I just was stating facts that if the government wanted them dead, they would be dead. I have made numerous posts saying that I don't agree with the force the government used but I'm not about to agree to some assinine claim that they somehow handed the government "their assess" when in fact the government chose life instead of killing every one of them.

    Seems as usual you know **** about me and continue spoouting off idiotic comments when you don't have a clue. I have mmy posts to back me up, what posts do YOU have that shows differently? You have no choice but to lie it seems.

    We'll have to see if anything like that happens, I hope not....
    I hope not either, but when people get a big chip on their shoulder that they are above the law, bad things happen. We have seen that with the government and a militia is not immuned to the same thing.

  9. #1379
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Meh, I used to have wet dreams too, mostly when I was a teen.
    ....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1380
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    As I said before it was a strategic move. The government would have looked bad no matter what they did only the solution they did amounted to no lose of life.
    Yeah, and why would the government have looked bad "no matter what they did"? Could it be that they are over reaching in the first place?

    Nope I just was stating facts that if the government wanted them dead, they would be dead. I have made numerous posts saying that I don't agree with the force the government used but I'm not about to agree to some assinine claim that they somehow handed the government "their assess" when in fact the government chose life instead of killing every one of them.
    Yeah, now that you mention it, I have seen posts by you earlier saying that....I apologize....

    Seems as usual you know **** about me and continue spoouting off idiotic comments when you don't have a clue. I have mmy posts to back me up, what posts do YOU have that shows differently? You have no choice but to lie it seems.
    Eh, I deserved that I guess...

    I hope not either, but when people get a big chip on their shoulder that they are above the law, bad things happen. We have seen that with the government and a militia is not immuned to the same thing.
    I agree...And think we need to get to the bottom of this before it ramps up into a shooting incident...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •