Page 136 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1412

Thread: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

  1. #1351
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You have proof that it was Bundy, or his supporters?
    Nope. Thus he wasn't arrested for it. But it does put officials on notice and they can't afford to assume there won't be trouble. It gives them sound justification to be careful and well prepared just in case. .

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1352
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Other than being armed.
    Well, other than that, but they do still have a right to exercise their second amendment rights.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #1353
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,973

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Well, other than that, but they do still have a right to exercise their second amendment rights.
    Does the second ammendment allow people to defy federal law?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  4. #1354
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Does the second ammendment allow people to defy federal law?
    If they shoot straight enough, it does.

    That is, if you buy the idea that the Second Amendment exists so that the citizenry can rebel and depose the government by force of arms.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #1355
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Well, other than that, but they do still have a right to exercise their second amendment rights.
    They surely do. But, to show up from another state armed to confront federal, state, or local law enforcement? I believe I'd need to pass on doing something that ignorant.

  6. #1356
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Here's a little caveat about my last few posts, particularly about taking them literally:

    sarcasm.jpg
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #1357
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Here's a little caveat about my last few posts, particularly about taking them literally:

    sarcasm.jpg
    I like the other card, where the lady on it is saying she loves how a liar's pants always catch on fire.

  8. #1358
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    The armed BLM law enforcement officers showed up after the armed militia groups appeared, before that, there were thirty protesters at the cattle auction expecting to see Bundy's cattle at auction, which didn't happen.
    From the source that both you and I have repeatedly posted...

    "March 15, 2014: After nearly 20 years, the Bureau of Land Management sends Bundy a letter informing him that they plan to impound his "trespass cattle," which have been roaming on 90 miles of federal land. BLM averages four livestock impoundments a year, usually involving a few dozen animals.

    March 27, 2014: The BLM has closed off 322,000 acres of public land, and is preparing to collect Bundy's cattle. Bundy files a notice with the county sheriff department, titled “Range War Emergency Notice and Demand for Protection." Bundy also says he has a virtual army of supporters from all over the country ready to protect him. He also has Gardner. “I think Cliven is taking a stand not only for family ranchers, but also for every freedom-loving American, for everyone," Gardner said. "I’ve been trying to resolve these same types of issues since 1984. Perhaps it’s difficult for the average American to understand, but protecting the individual was a underlying factor of our government. ... My support is that I am determined to stand by the Bundy family in any fashion it takes regardless of the threat of life or limb."

    Now, I know that you progressives believe that you are the smartest people ever to grace the earth, but as far as I know March is before April....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1359
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope.
    Then why post it in a manner implying that it was?

    Thus he wasn't arrested for it. But it does put officials on notice and they can't afford to assume there won't be trouble. It gives them sound justification to be careful and well prepared just in case.
    Yes, I agree...Prepared....I support LE being prepared...And I don't know what intel that they may have had, or didn't...But, the way they proceeded was a public relations nightmare....And if you don't see that then there isn't much we have to discuss.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1360
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    From the source that both you and I have repeatedly posted...

    "March 15, 2014: After nearly 20 years, the Bureau of Land Management sends Bundy a letter informing him that they plan to impound his "trespass cattle," which have been roaming on 90 miles of federal land. BLM averages four livestock impoundments a year, usually involving a few dozen animals.

    March 27, 2014: The BLM has closed off 322,000 acres of public land, and is preparing to collect Bundy's cattle. Bundy files a notice with the county sheriff department, titled “Range War Emergency Notice and Demand for Protection." Bundy also says he has a virtual army of supporters from all over the country ready to protect him. He also has Gardner. “I think Cliven is taking a stand not only for family ranchers, but also for every freedom-loving American, for everyone," Gardner said. "I’ve been trying to resolve these same types of issues since 1984. Perhaps it’s difficult for the average American to understand, but protecting the individual was a underlying factor of our government. ... My support is that I am determined to stand by the Bundy family in any fashion it takes regardless of the threat of life or limb."

    Now, I know that you progressives believe that you are the smartest people ever to grace the earth, but as far as I know March is before April....
    None of what you posted here states the BLM was on the range before the militia arrived. Note the wording in bold, PLAN and PREPARING.

    I'm a progressive?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •