Page 135 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1412

Thread: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

  1. #1341
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Not. The militia was there way before the feds arrived.
    Show me.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1342
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Show me.
    I gave you the link, and you're read the story timeline, and said it was a lie. I think that people who don't believe the timeline would need a ton of ricks to fall upon their heads to be convinced.

    April 10, 2014, A protest camp has formed. There is a sign at the entrance that reads, "MILITA SIGHN IN."
    April 12, 2014, BLM decides not to enforce their court order: "Based on information about conditions on the ground, and in consultation with law enforcement, we have made a decision to conclude the cattle gather because of our serious concern about the safety of employees and members of the public."
    Last edited by AJiveMan; 04-29-14 at 09:50 AM.

  3. #1343
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It wasn't that the feds came in, more in the manner they did.
    As I read the timeline, there had been violence in the past. Someone had been sending pipe bombs to the BLM. There was good cause to be well protected. Quiet didn't seem like a real option.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1344
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,529

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Feds were repeating history. It was Ruby ridge all over again.
    or might have been had the feds not show up with enough show of force to create a stand off instead of a shooting war.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #1345
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Feds were repeating history. It was Ruby ridge all over again.
    Not even close.

  6. #1346
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    I gave you the link, and you're read the story timeline, and said it was a lie. I think that people who don't believe the timeline would need a ton of ricks to fall upon their heads to be convinced.
    Yep, but that was after the BLM showed up.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1347
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As I read the timeline, there had been violence in the past. Someone had been sending pipe bombs to the BLM. There was good cause to be well protected. Quiet didn't seem like a real option.
    You have proof that it was Bundy, or his supporters?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1348
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,529

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You have proof that it was Bundy, or his supporters?
    Now, why on Earth would anyone suspect a guy who has been running cattle illegally on public land for two decades, and who says he doesn't think the federal government actually exists? He doesn't sound like the sort of person who might engage in any sort of violence, now does he? Why is it, then, that the BLM didn't simply come to his house, knock on the door, and politely ask to come in and chat? After all, there was no proof that he or his supporters had a thing to do with the violence.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #1349
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, but that was after the BLM showed up.
    The armed BLM law enforcement officers showed up after the armed militia groups appeared, before that, there were thirty protesters at the cattle auction expecting to see Bundy's cattle at auction, which didn't happen.

  10. #1350
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Now, why on Earth would anyone suspect a guy who has been running cattle illegally on public land for two decades, and who says he doesn't think the federal government actually exists? He doesn't sound like the sort of person who might engage in any sort of violence, now does he? Why is it, then, that the BLM didn't simply come to his house, knock on the door, and politely ask to come in and chat? After all, there was no proof that he or his supporters had a thing to do with the violence.
    Other than being armed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •