Page 124 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1412

Thread: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

  1. #1231
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    And Bundy with his supporters thought they won, isn't that a hoot?
    Well, they succeeded in threatening the federal government without repercussions and making it look weak. That could set a dangerous precedent for other militias all over the country.

    Timothy McViegh and Terry Nichols called themselves "sovereign citizens", too. I'm afraid it might take another Oklahoma bombing to turn the public against the sovereign citizen militias....again. Law enforcement should be very concerned because they are the main targets of this group.

  2. #1232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    And Bundy with his supporters thought they won, isn't that a hoot?
    They won that day, but they know that the Reid ' s stand to lose too much money to give up that easy.

  3. #1233
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Well, they succeeded in threatening the federal government without repercussions and making it look weak. That could set a dangerous precedent for other militias all over the country.

    Timothy McViegh and Terry Nichols called themselves "sovereign citizens", too. I'm afraid it might take another Oklahoma bombing to turn the public against the sovereign citizen militias....again. Law enforcement should be very concerned because they are the main targets of this group.
    Is "sovereign citizen" a synonym for "nutcase?"
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #1234
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Well, they succeeded in threatening the federal government without repercussions and making it look weak. That could set a dangerous precedent for other militias all over the country.

    Timothy McViegh and Terry Nichols called themselves "sovereign citizens", too. I'm afraid it might take another Oklahoma bombing to turn the public against the sovereign citizen militias....again. Law enforcement should be very concerned because they are the main targets of this group.
    They are very dangerous people, not only to law enforcement and the BLM and Forest Service, but to ordinary citizens too.

    In an article linked in this thread, one Forest Service/BLM employee stated that he/she advised their people in the field to be cautious, that after a bomb went off in a federal office.

    In fact, I did some digging on the internet and found that agencies are now advised how to operate more cautiously due to the threat from those militia groups.

    In fact, a new pamphlet was issued out (1999) to workers about being more aware of the dangers in their jobs.

    http://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/pdfpub...72820dpi72.pdf

    This came on the heels of bombings and threats to Forest Service employees. It's a little known fact that pipe bombs, and pipe bomb makings have been found in National Forests.

    I, myself call these people who wish to do harm to others militia groups because normal people don't do these kinds of things. The government doesn't know who was behind the attacks yet.
    Last edited by AJiveMan; 04-25-14 at 03:45 PM.

  5. #1235
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,540

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Bottom line is that this dude's a freeloader. He wears a Cowboy had and rides horses though, so it's OK.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  6. #1236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Is "sovereign citizen" a synonym for "nutcase?"
    Yes, and civil disobedience is domestic terrorism according to the man who intends to profit from getting bundy off his ranch.

    Also, you're a terrorist if you are of the belief that the country is supposed to be run by and for the people. (Re: if you feel that you are sovereign).

    he's a freeloader for producing beef, so we gotta ruin his life and make him a productive welfare recipient.

  7. #1237
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Yes, and civil disobedience is domestic terrorism according to the man who intends to profit from getting bundy off his ranch.

    Also, you're a terrorist if you are of the belief that the country is supposed to be run by and for the people. (Re: if you feel that you are sovereign).

    he's a freeloader for producing beef, so we gotta ruin his life and make him a productive welfare recipient.
    He's already a welfare recipient, and has been for about 20 years now.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #1238
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    They are very dangerous people, not only to law enforcement and the BLM and Forest Service, but to ordinary citizens too.

    In an article linked in this thread, one Forest Service/BLM employee stated that he/she advised their people in the field to be cautious, that after a bomb went off in a federal office.

    In fact, I did some digging on the internet and found that agencies are now advised how to operate more cautiously due to the threat from those militia groups.

    In fact, a new pamphlet was issued out (1999) to workers about being more aware of the dangers in their jobs.

    http://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/pdfpub...72820dpi72.pdf

    This came on the heels of bombings and threats to Forest Service employees. It's a little known fact that pipe bombs, and pipe bomb makings have been found in National Forests.

    I, myself call these people who wish to do harm to others militia groups because normal people don't do these kinds of things. The government doesn't know who was behind the attacks yet.
    Have you heard of the 'Sagebrush Rebellion"? Its been an ongoing battle in the west for well over 40 years now.....

    Sagebrush Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Soon they won't be fighting over land rights....they'll be fighting over water rights.

  9. #1239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Yes, and civil disobedience is domestic terrorism according to the man who intends to profit from getting bundy off his ranch.

    Also, you're a terrorist if you are of the belief that the country is supposed to be run by and for the people. (Re: if you feel that you are sovereign).

    he's a freeloader for producing beef, so we gotta ruin his life and make him a productive welfare recipient.
    The ignorance you demonstrate is astounding if you believe that. The guy BROKE THE ****ING LAW. Do you NOT understand that? I don't excuse the feds excessive force, but I don't excuse Bundy's actions or call him a hero for it either.

    Tell you what, you go to another country, break the law, and then find out what happens. Than come back and whine how bad the U.S. is ok? God some righties are idiots.

  10. #1240
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Feds move in on Nevada rancher's herd over illegal grazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Have you heard of the 'Sagebrush Rebellion"? Its been an ongoing battle in the west for well over 40 years now.....

    Sagebrush Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Soon they won't be fighting over land rights....they'll be fighting over water rights.
    I had the displeasure of hearing about water rights and the like when in New Mexico for five years.

    Ranchers and farmers were going at it with respect to water flowing along the Rio Grande.

    I do believe that the state of New Mexico controls the water flowing south on the Rio Grande from Elephant Butte Dam, in Elephant Butte, where we lived.

    ebutte dam~2.jpg

    747.jpg

    049.jpg
    Last edited by AJiveMan; 04-25-14 at 04:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •