Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 487

Thread: Darrell Issa: Emails suggest Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting[W:130, 252, 358 ]

  1. #451
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Where did Obama and Putin come from in an I$$$A thread with three (3) warnings ?
    Someone said Obama was "too powerful". But the power is not with Obama, it is with the Senate right now, and that may change and we will see that he is not.

  2. #452
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because 501c4 groups arent exclusively limited to social welfare.
    Of course, they're also permitted for local associations of employees... but that's not what you meant now was it.
    Here's 26 US Code 501(c)(4)
    (A) Civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare, or local associations of employees, the membership of which is limited to the employees of a designated person or persons in a particular municipality, and the net earnings of which are devoted exclusively to charitable, educational, or recreational purposes.

  3. #453
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    this statement proves you dont have the slightest idea what that the 5th amendment protects. You have zero proof Ms. Lerner has lied before Congress or zero proof she has obstructed justice.

    Zero proof and zero understanding is a bad law.
    She said no wrong doing took place, then took the 5th. Yeah, shes lying about something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #454
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    We will see that he is not what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Zeppnile View Post
    Someone said Obama was "too powerful". But the power is not with Obama, it is with the Senate right now, and that may change and we will see that he is not.
    Physics is Phun

  5. #455
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    And I$$$A didn't follow the rules.
    What a chump !!
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    She said no wrong doing took place, then took the 5th. Yeah, shes lying about something.
    Physics is Phun

  6. #456
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Americans have a right to see their IRS agents prosecute rogue 501c-4 groups not wanting to pay tax.
    Those RW groups pretending to be like Catholic charities .
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Americans have a right to know if IRS agents violated the civil rights of American citizens.
    Physics is Phun

  7. #457
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,117
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    This video is so powerful and makes it clear that there is something to investigate here, that I gave it it's own thread:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/genera...al-listen.html

  8. #458
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    She said no wrong doing took place, then took the 5th. Yeah, shes lying about something.
    Exactly. You cannot begin your testimony and then take the fifth. Once it's started that means you've accepted the rules, will honestly testify under oath, and respond to questions regarding your testimony..

  9. #459
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Of course, they're also permitted for local associations of employees... but that's not what you meant now was it.
    Here's 26 US Code 501(c)(4)
    (A) Civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare, or local associations of employees, the membership of which is limited to the employees of a designated person or persons in a particular municipality, and the net earnings of which are devoted exclusively to charitable, educational, or recreational purposes.
    You were proven wrong several pages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #460
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Americans have a right to see their IRS agents prosecute rogue 501c-4 groups not wanting to pay tax.
    Those RW groups pretending to be like Catholic charities .
    Not only is that not wjat happened, but the IRS doesnt have the authority to prosecute anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •