Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 487

Thread: Darrell Issa: Emails suggest Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting[W:130, 252, 358 ]

  1. #381
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Darrell Issa: Emails suggest Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting[W:130, 252, 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    By Lois Lerners own admission, back in 2012 there existed a "smidgen of corruption ".

    She just lied and blamed it on " rogue agents " in Cinci.

    Her extending her right to not INCRIMINATE herself contradicts your assertion of there not being a "smidgen of corruption ".

    Oh but thats right. You guys see no problem with the strategy of stonewalling as a way to adress a "witch hunt ".

    For the first time in Human history that excuse is supposed to make sense and count as a credible response to the charge of unprecedented Government abuse and corruption.

    We're not supposed to read into her 24 Consecutive Fifth amendment pleas.

    Lol...sorry, you people need to remember that not everyone is as gullible and so easily manipulated as the Common Obama supporter is.

    The rest of us a free to use our brains.
    The people who think there is a scandal are wrong.

    Have Some Sympathy For IRS Cincinnati Gang That Couldn't Sort Straight - Forbes


  2. #382
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Darrell Issa: Emails suggest Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting[W:130, 252, 3

    There is still a scandal that DEMs won't be able to get to for some time.
    In fact, the Senate DEMs should look into the fraud of 501c-4 GOP PACs trying to be non-profit, like Catholic Charities.
    It's so GOP, not wanting to pay their taxes .
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Physics is Phun

  3. #383
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,117
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    pleading the fifth is asserting her Constitutional right
    but you are welcome to show us anything else which it proves
    i'll wait for your 'proof'
    Her constitutional right to what?

    Answer: It's her constitutional right not to be compelled to give testimony that would incriminate her. aka, if a persons tesitmony would implicate them in criminal activity, they have the right to plead the 5th and refuse to answer questions.

  4. #384
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    that is for her to decide

    now, go off and find us proof of this non-existent 'scandal'
    No, its not for her to decide...lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #385
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    there is no scandal
    nothing was found to be scandalous
    not even a smidgen of corruption has been identified
    which reality must dismay the reich wing
    Why do you say that when you know it's not true? I can understand the President lying because of his political situation but you, as a free man, should be able to speak and think as a free man. If you do that then the evidence is inescapable.

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Her constitutional right to what?

    Answer: It's her constitutional right not to be compelled to give testimony that would incriminate her. aka, if a persons tesitmony would implicate them in criminal activity, they have the right to plead the 5th and refuse to answer questions.
    In fact it has been argued that because she made a statement outlining her position prior to taking the fifth she could therefore not take the fifth. She would have to take the fifth immediately.

    Of course we can pretend that taking the fifth means nothing but we also know that's codswallop.

  7. #387
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,117
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Darrell Issa: Emails suggest Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting[W:130, 252, 3

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Hey Pete, you need to update your reading list, because that 10 month old article just doesn't cut it.... I realize that you only want reading material that conforms with your political beliefs, but if you're interested in the real truth, rather than the politically convenient truth, find something written within the last month or 2.

  8. #388
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,341

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why do you say that when you know it's not true? I can understand the President lying because of his political situation but you, as a free man, should be able to speak and think as a free man. If you do that then the evidence is inescapable.
    The evidence is of a low level employee not doing his job correctly when dealing with an poorly written and ambiguous law. The crime is that political organizations received tax exempt status like a non-profit not that they didn't get approved fast enough.

  9. #389
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Issa uncovers the smoking gun int he IRS targeting of conservatives

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The evidence is of a low level employee not doing his job correctly when dealing with an poorly written and ambiguous law. The crime is that political organizations received tax exempt status like a non-profit not that they didn't get approved fast enough.
    What evidence are you referring to?

  10. #390
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Darrell Issa: Emails suggest Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting[W:130, 252, 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Hey Pete, you need to update your reading list, because that 10 month old article just doesn't cut it.... I realize that you only want reading material that conforms with your political beliefs, but if you're interested in the real truth, rather than the politically convenient truth, find something written within the last month or 2.
    The truth is that there is nothing scandalous here, it's a story of the Cincinatti office being overwelmed. The is nothing that implicates Obama.

    L


Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •