Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 351

Thread: Mass stabbing at US school.

  1. #271
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,469

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    I'm surprised nobody overtook him sooner?!
    It does seem odd on the surface. You think somebody could have just thrown a chair from behind him to knock him out.

    But in reality a lot of junior and senior high schools become packed like sardines between and before classes. How quick can an adult teacher get through panic teens running in the opposite direction? Even if you had a gun unless you are point blank with him how can you fire a shot without taking out an innocent student.

    But an adult teacher did take him out so it is hard to predict how many more could have been knifed if not for the fast thinking teacher.

    Unfortunately we will see this again.

  2. #272
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,241

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Just got up and was happy to see no deaths thus far! Hopefully the victims are out of the woods and will make a full recovery.

    Anyway sorry to interrupt carry on with whatever you were doing before.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #273
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    738

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I keeping seeing that this kid was referred to by other kids and adults at that schoolas being "shy" and "really shy" and he "always kept to himself".

    Didn't people say the same thing about Lanza?

    .
    I was shy and may have kept to myself (would depend how we are defining that) in high school, and I'd probably been pretty pissed off if people were trying to tell me that is wrong, and makes you "dangerous."
    Last edited by coyotedelmar; 04-10-14 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Second thought, a couple lines were unnecessary.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,964

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You need to learn the difference between making a valid point vs de-railing a thread.
    But you weren't making a valid point. You were mocking a different political view. You've even admitted this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    As I said earlier, when the left stops using tragedies to advance thier anti-gun agenda's then I will stop doing so also. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    This thread was about the tragedy at a school. You de-railed it to score political points against an opposing view. I know exactly what derailing a thread is and I also know you did it intentionally.
    Particularly when it comes to a debate site like DebatePolitics.com. The very name of the forum should give you a clue as to the kind of posting style that is going to be focused on.
    But you weren't debating the topic, you were derailing it in order to worship at the alter of the firearm. You derailed it to mock an opposing viewpoint. Some might even question as to whether a rule was violated, given that you intentionally derailed a thread by mocking others. Now, given the fact you're a G-Mod and the rules claim you're held to a higher standard than others, I'm going to guess it wasn't, but some might still question.

    Incorrect statement since being pro-gun is specifically about the right to defend one self with guns.
    But your first post was not about the tragedy, your first post was about the firearm/mocking the gun control supporters. Here were your posts, in order:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang in Post #6 View Post
    Uh oh! Mass Stabbings! Better make reasonable laws on restricting kid's access to knives! I'd suggest requiring safes with biometric locks for all knives larger than 2 inches. Also they should ban all felons (violent or not) from owning any knives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang in Post #9 View Post
    Prayers going to all families involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang in Post #13 View Post
    What?! I personally am just expressing the same type of concern for our children's safety that anti-gun folks exhibit in times of such horrid occurances.
    The first thing you thought when you saw this thread, 5 minutes after it was posted, was not to express concern for those involved, but rather to mock those of a different political viewpoint. Your priorities were gun first, people second. And then, almost without fail, every post after has been about guns.

    So, as I said before: "I'll just never understand those who care more about the gun than they do human lives. And that's the closest I intend to come to discussing gun control."

  5. #275
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    A lot of people missed his point
    No one missed his point. His point was idiotic, done poorly, and had a clear agenda to it OTHER condemning people "dancing on graves".

    Kal jumped at the chance to use injured children to make a political point. The only reason you don't see it as "dancing on graves" is because you agree with his political point as opposed to others.

    The left is hardly the only side that "jumps right out" and and makes statements that goes straight to political talking points as well. In this very thread, for instance, you had MULTIPLE people immedietely jumping to political talking points.

    You seemingly consider it "dancing on the graves" simply because they push a political point you disagree with, as I've not seen you previously...or here...demonstrate any concern or care about people making political points you DO agree with immedietely upon these incidents.

    So what? Your side gets to rape the memory of children in tragedy, but shame on the liberals who do it, because they're politics is bad and your politics is good?

    How is this ANY different than a liberal coming in and going after a shooting and going "Clearly we need less gun regulation and assault rifles shouldn't be banned. ". Would you accuse them of pushing a political agenda and suggesting that we need more regulation? Or would you just chalk it up as a "mimic technique" where they are pointing out what it looks like when someone jumps right out and makes a statement of that nature.

    Kal did use a mimic technique....to capitalize on the injuring of school children IMMEDIETELY following a tragic event to push a political agenda.

    But hey, it was pro-gun....so apparently that river dance is a-okay.

  6. #276
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    If they are serious, you bet. I took his point as a "this is how you sound, please stop" example, and notably, a lot of people were PO'd, but the thing is, those same people dismissed it when it came from their side of the aisle. Using crises for political game is wrong, and it is in fact an Alinsky tactic.
    Dismissed it when it came from their side of the aisle?

    Like you just did with Kal, coming up with excuses and justifications for why your double standard is okay? How was your argument any different than what you're claiming here.

    I've criticized those who IMMEDIETELY spring into "MORE GUN LAWS" in the immediete wake of these tragedies, and I criticize those who IMMEDIETELY spring into push against gun laws in relation to them as well. Both sides hate to let a good crisis go to waste because they realize the tender political meat that presents itself. As demonstrated...god forbid we even let an hour or two go by, information to come out, emotions to settle before we immedietely launch into our political wars. That'd just be unfathomable to those who are feverishly and pathetically dedicated to their no-holds-barred, at all costs, partisan battles.

  7. #277
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Dismissed it when it came from their side of the aisle?

    Like you just did with Kal, coming up with excuses and justifications for why your double standard is okay? How was your argument any different than what you're claiming here.

    I've criticized those who IMMEDIETELY spring into "MORE GUN LAWS" in the immediete wake of these tragedies, and I criticize those who IMMEDIETELY spring into push against gun laws in relation to them as well. Both sides hate to let a good crisis go to waste because they realize the tender political meat that presents itself. As demonstrated...god forbid we even let an hour or two go by, information to come out, emotions to settle before we immedietely launch into our political wars. That'd just be unfathomable to those who are feverishly and pathetically dedicated to their no-holds-barred, at all costs, partisan battles.
    It's not an excuse, I know exactly what he did and he got the response he was looking for.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #278
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No one missed his point. His point was idiotic, done poorly, and had a clear agenda to it OTHER condemning people "dancing on graves".

    Kal jumped at the chance to use injured children to make a political point. The only reason you don't see it as "dancing on graves" is because you agree with his political point as opposed to others.

    The left is hardly the only side that "jumps right out" and and makes statements that goes straight to political talking points as well. In this very thread, for instance, you had MULTIPLE people immedietely jumping to political talking points.

    You seemingly consider it "dancing on the graves" simply because they push a political point you disagree with, as I've not seen you previously...or here...demonstrate any concern or care about people making political points you DO agree with immedietely upon these incidents.

    So what? Your side gets to rape the memory of children in tragedy, but shame on the liberals who do it, because they're politics is bad and your politics is good?

    How is this ANY different than a liberal coming in and going after a shooting and going "Clearly we need less gun regulation and assault rifles shouldn't be banned. ". Would you accuse them of pushing a political agenda and suggesting that we need more regulation? Or would you just chalk it up as a "mimic technique" where they are pointing out what it looks like when someone jumps right out and makes a statement of that nature.

    Kal did use a mimic technique....to capitalize on the injuring of school children IMMEDIETELY following a tragic event to push a political agenda.

    But hey, it was pro-gun....so apparently that river dance is a-okay.
    To what I bolded, THAT was his point, that it is callous and idiotic when the anti-gun guys do exactly that. I have family members who argue exclusively like that, using parody of a position to hopefully show the other person how stupid their argument was during playback.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #279
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I know exactly what he did .
    I do,too.

    He acted like the immature 12 year old has been caught with the spray paint in his hand whining like a baby trying to justify his graffiti vandalism by claiming others do it,too.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #280
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Dismissed it when it came from their side of the aisle?

    Like you just did with Kal, coming up with excuses and justifications for why your double standard is okay? How was your argument any different than what you're claiming here.

    I've criticized those who IMMEDIETELY spring into "MORE GUN LAWS" in the immediete wake of these tragedies, and I criticize those who IMMEDIETELY spring into push against gun laws in relation to them as well. Both sides hate to let a good crisis go to waste because they realize the tender political meat that presents itself. As demonstrated...god forbid we even let an hour or two go by, information to come out, emotions to settle before we immedietely launch into our political wars. That'd just be unfathomable to those who are feverishly and pathetically dedicated to their no-holds-barred, at all costs, partisan battles.
    and all the while,what we SHOULD be talking about is the state of mental health in this country, and what steps we should be taking to addresses it.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •