Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 351

Thread: Mass stabbing at US school.

  1. #241
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,737

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    We need to get all these knives off the streets. Knife control now!!

    Come to think of it, it wouldn't hurt getting the spoons and forks off the streets too.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #242
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,838

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Ironically my daughter and I were just talking the other night about the potential of some copycat moron parroting The Following or Criminal Minds.

    Nuts.
    The entire Law & Order franchise has made a fortune doing the same. "Ripped from the headlines...."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #243
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,891

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    We need to get all these knives off the streets. Knife control now!!

    Come to think of it, it wouldn't hurt getting the spoons and forks off the streets too.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  4. #244
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,658

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    We need to get all these knives off the streets. Knife control now!!

    Come to think of it, it wouldn't hurt getting the spoons and forks off the streets too.
    There you go! Solve the violence issue and the obesity issue in one fell swoop

  5. #245
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    As I said earlier, when they stop then I will. Indeed the ONLY reason that I did this time was due to the left doing it every single time a mass shooting happened.
    Cool...you continue to demonstrate a similar mentality to a 3rd grader at recess going "I know you are but what am I" and I'll continue to show indignation towards people who from moment one of a tragedy attempt to manipulate and exploit the harm and death of children for the sake of their pathetic devotion to a political agenda regardless of their side. Whatever excuse you wish to tell yourself to convince yourself, wrongly, that you're any different than those on "the left" doing it "every single time a mass shooting happened" is up to you. And if you want to delude yourself into believing that makes you different, more power to you. If you want to think anyone else is buying your excuse as anything OTHER than an excuse, then you're going to need to create another lie in your head for you to believe.

    These events are horrible, and there's absolutely discussions to be had on a multitude of issues in their wake...AND there's even plenty to talk about regarding thet REACTIONS people have to these horrible events in their wake as well. However, the pathetic slobbering need demonstrated by some on both the left and the right to attempt to strike when the emotional iron is hot and when people are at their lowest point of logical thinking due to that emotion is just disgusting in my mind. Not only is it disgusting, but it removes any legitimate ability to have reasonable, adult, logical conversations about the issues that may relate to this because before you get to a point where such is possible you already have both sides acting like monkey's in a zoo flinging poop at each other. Why? Becuase both sides have folks who can't contain the excitement of seeing some kids die so they can take up the battle flag for their particular side in this war and rush off to sling their sarcastic quips and stereotypes talking points.

    The reality is, in many of these threads, sadly it's a coin flip as to which side is going to explode in macabre glee over the fact that they get to push their agenda. Neither side holds the higher ground on this, which is just a microcosm for the sickness that permeates our culture these days. I feel for these kids, as I did for many of the past victims of these mass forms of violence. Not only for the attrocity perpetrated against them today, but for the raping of their tragedy that people like you and others do in the name of your no-holds-barred devotion to a political agenda.

  6. #246
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,838

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    I love Alan Rickman. That was a fun role for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Apparently you missed the point. The very fact that there are people that want assistance in committing suicide is evidence that life is not always better than death. The very fact that people commit suicide is evidence that not everyone believes that life is preferable to death.

    IE just because you think that life is always preferable does not make it absolutely true.
    Or perhaps you are just wrong.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #248
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    That has been my theory since the 90s. There weren't a whole lot of high profile mass murders until about them, or at least they weren't widely reported, then Pearl Mississippi, Columbine, and a few others I can't remember at the moment started to pop up. Then another lull, a few here and there but nothing like the previous decade, and the last couple of years another spike. I think reporting on these issues(sad, but ultimately local issues) in the national media does have a bit of a copycat effect, notoriety is better than nothing to some people with severe mental deficits, I have read a theory that a lot of the people who do this have severe issues with narcissism along with sociopathic tendencies.

    My first thought because it was urban was a potential gang hit.
    Could be, but usually gang hits are hit and run, targeting specific individuals. This appeared to be more of a mass attack motivated by rage.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #249
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Could be, but usually gang hits are hit and run, targeting specific individuals. This appeared to be more of a mass attack motivated by rage.
    Yeah, there are at least three major reasons this could have happened from psychological, to gang activity, to a rage incident and I'm sure it will come out in the next few months.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #250
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Cool...you continue to demonstrate a similar mentality to a 3rd grader at recess going "I know you are but what am I" and I'll continue to show indignation towards people who from moment one of a tragedy attempt to manipulate and exploit the harm and death of children for the sake of their pathetic devotion to a political agenda regardless of their side. Whatever excuse you wish to tell yourself to convince yourself, wrongly, that you're any different than those on "the left" doing it "every single time a mass shooting happened" is up to you. And if you want to delude yourself into believing that makes you different, more power to you. If you want to think anyone else is buying your excuse as anything OTHER than an excuse, then you're going to need to create another lie in your head for you to believe.

    These events are horrible, and there's absolutely discussions to be had on a multitude of issues in their wake...AND there's even plenty to talk about regarding thet REACTIONS people have to these horrible events in their wake as well. However, the pathetic slobbering need demonstrated by some on both the left and the right to attempt to strike when the emotional iron is hot and when people are at their lowest point of logical thinking due to that emotion is just disgusting in my mind. Not only is it disgusting, but it removes any legitimate ability to have reasonable, adult, logical conversations about the issues that may relate to this because before you get to a point where such is possible you already have both sides acting like monkey's in a zoo flinging poop at each other. Why? Becuase both sides have folks who can't contain the excitement of seeing some kids die so they can take up the battle flag for their particular side in this war and rush off to sling their sarcastic quips and stereotypes talking points.

    The reality is, in many of these threads, sadly it's a coin flip as to which side is going to explode in macabre glee over the fact that they get to push their agenda. Neither side holds the higher ground on this, which is just a microcosm for the sickness that permeates our culture these days. I feel for these kids, as I did for many of the past victims of these mass forms of violence. Not only for the attrocity perpetrated against them today, but for the raping of their tragedy that people like you and others do in the name of your no-holds-barred devotion to a political agenda.
    Sorry that I don't have as strong a reaction to what happened as you do. I may feel sorry for the victims, but I'm not going to devote an entire thread on a debate site to nothing but "OMG I FEEL SOOO SORRY FOR THEM!". There is no [R.I.P.] tag on the title of this thread. As such it is quite valid of me and others to talk about the political side of this and focus on that. Whether you consider the tactics used childish or not is really irrelevent. I set out to make a point. I have made it. Whether others acknowledge that point or not is relevent, at least to me. Maybe, the next mass shooting that happens the left will not continue to blame an object. I won't hold my breath. But I can hope. Maybe then the discussion can actually advance.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •