Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 351

Thread: Mass stabbing at US school.

  1. #181
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You should read, or see the movie, "We Have to Talk about Kevin." It's a really good examination into the minds of these teen males and uses real life examples to base it on.
    I think I've heard of it, will have to check it out.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #182
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Kids are taught to report and wait for the police. They are taught they cannot hit a bully even to defend themselves.
    Absolutely ridiculous for that to happen. Violence should always be a last resort, but at the same time we have to teach kids that they have to defend themselves, and others. It's not good for a society to have everybody dependent on a strained resource like the police, and other services, they cannot be everywhere at the same time and emergencies typically are immediate need situations.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #183
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Out of respect for the victims I try to stay true to the issue, that isn't weapons. What the people with agendas do not understand(the ones at the top do, but they are very talented liars) is that when they focus on the symptom(weapons use, violence) they take away valuable time and attention from the roots of the problem and this retards attempts to actually fix it, which is already going to be very difficult. The tactic of going straight to the agenda during an attack like this is something I've named "dancing on the graves", it's a sick and callous opportunistic "shaming". The people who do this I'm convinced don't give a damn about the dead or injured, if they did they would slow down and stop using this suffering as a chance to advance their issue.
    Exactly. I said something similar to that in my first post on here. The weapon of choice is irrelevant. Unless the root cause is fixed, the problem doesn't go away.

    Take Lanza, for instance. Obviously he had some issues in that brain of his. I guess we'll never know what they were, but you'd have to have your head in the sand to think he was a normal functioning post-adolescent. What he did was horrible, unimaginable. But he could just have easily have stolen his mother's car and driven to the closest parade and driven his car right through a HS marching band, and killed just as many people. Not recognizing that people like Lanza are a danger to society period is what scares me. The NRA didn't make Lanza crazy. He would have been crazy with or without them.

  4. #184
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Exactly. I said something similar to that in my first post on here. The weapon of choice is irrelevant. Unless the root cause is fixed, the problem doesn't go away.

    Take Lanza, for instance. Obviously he had some issues in that brain of his. I guess we'll never know what they were, but you'd have to have your head in the sand to think he was a normal functioning post-adolescent. What he did was horrible, unimaginable. But he could just have easily have stolen his mother's car and driven to the closest parade and driven his car right through a HS marching band, and killed just as many people. Not recognizing that people like Lanza are a danger to society period is what scares me. The NRA didn't make Lanza crazy. He would have been crazy with or without them.
    I've pointed this out before, but three the four worst mass murders in U.S. history involved common items. The worst obviously was 9/11 which involved a quadruple hijacking of commercial airliners, Oklahoma city was a rented truck with fertilizer and diesel, then there was a NYC nightclub attack involving a Cuban immigrant and 1$'s worth of gasoline(heat of passion murder, he saw his GF dancing with another man), and the fourth worst was the Kehoe massacre of the 1920s using TNT(not a "common" item, but typically used for demolition and construction) and that was over an eminent domain issue.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #185
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I've pointed this out before, but three the four worst mass murders in U.S. history involved common items. The worst obviously was 9/11 which involved a quadruple hijacking of commercial airliners, Oklahoma city was a rented truck with fertilizer and diesel, then there was a NYC nightclub attack involving a Cuban immigrant and 1$'s worth of gasoline(heat of passion murder, he saw his GF dancing with another man), and the fourth worst was the Kehoe massacre of the 1920s using TNT(not a "common" item, but typically used for demolition and construction) and that was over an eminent domain issue.
    Every time I remind my anti-gun friends who use Newtown as a reason to ban all guns that McVeigh used fertilizer to kill all those people in Oklahoma City, I'm always met with blank stares.

  6. #186
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I have zero knowledge of the accused...but these attempted mass killing's seem to be flourishing.

    I put it down to crappy parenting as much as anything. Scratch a deeply disturbed criminal and more times then not you will find lousy parents.

    Far, FAR too many lousy parents in this world that have no business having children is a gigantic problem that few seem to either be aware of or even care about.

    Socially speaking, raising children should be considered a privilege...that few have the skills to properly undertake.

    As it is, nobody seems to think twice when obviously troubled people have children. Like having a child will 'settle down' people.
    What nonsense.
    I truly believe that too many people look at children as diversions/goals/glorified pets instead of sentient human beings.
    Meh, I think parents are just too busy or too self-absorbed or too lazy. It's easier to let TV and video games and the Internet babysit them and then medicate them when they are too much trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #187
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Am I to understand that legal guns, or opposition to illegal ones, and private entities utilizing their rights are to be taken as ANTI-GUN?


    This seems a bit extreme.
    I tried really hard but I couldn't find how that was responsive to my post



  8. #188
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,832

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    A lot of comments coming from people who prefer their agendas over reality.

    Highly doubtful about a "gang related" problem. This school is in an upper middle income area.

    There were at least two armed security guards, one a police officer. The other was stabbed in the stomach when he and asst. principal tackled the stabber.

    It was a student who saw the initial attacks and pulled the fire alarm, he suffered a minor stab wound in one arm.

    Daily Mail link simply because it has more photos - Franklin Regional High School stabbing spree leaves 20 people injured | Mail Online
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  9. #189
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Every time I remind my anti-gun friends who use Newtown as a reason to ban all guns that McVeigh used fertilizer to kill all those people in Oklahoma City, I'm always met with blank stares.
    Those worthless punks that used the pressure cooker to bomb the marathon, I use pressure cookers constantly in recipes that I want to slow cook, it would make me very angry to lose that item because of those two sick freaks. People have to be VERY careful what they want to deprive others of because there is always a pendulum swing back towards them.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #190
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Mass stabbing at US school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    A lot of comments coming from people who prefer their agendas over reality.

    Highly doubtful about a "gang related" problem. This school is in an upper middle income area.

    There were at least two armed security guards, one a police officer. The other was stabbed in the stomach when he and asst. principal tackled the stabber.

    It was a student who saw the initial attacks and pulled the fire alarm, he suffered a minor stab wound in one arm.

    Daily Mail link simply because it has more photos - Franklin Regional High School stabbing spree leaves 20 people injured | Mail Online
    true mass shootings or I suppose knifings don't happen in tough schools because the shooter or killer would get shanked a dozen times before he could kill more than a couple people



Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •