Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 231

Thread: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Several reports of this incident have made the news, all trying to re-categorize the protesters as something other than leftist OWS types. This is not far different than the discussion on another thread concerning the Mozilla exec forced to resign.

    What are your thoughts as to this type of bullying by the extreme left?
    Its not a left/right issue its about people being priced out of their homes and apartments, no one likes that regardless of politics.

  2. #52
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    I disagree that everybody who tries really hard can have a billion too.

    There can never be enough billions for everybody to be a billionaire.

    And the overall reason for the protest is gentrification. Not wealth inequality.

    If people with money decide they want your neighborhood for them and their "peers", they get it. This makes it more expensive for those "without". Forcing them to move farther from work, etc.

    The flyer posted is stupid. Much of these kinds of protests are stupid.

    But they're bitching about gentrification. Which causes real problems for real people.
    Gentrification is the term used by the S.F. city council as they lick their chops preparing for the increase in tax coffers that the techies are bringing up from San Jose and the silicon valley.

    The lifelong inhabitants of The Mission, Nob Hill, Russian Hill, Chinatown, Broadway, and The Embarcadero (neighborhoods in The City) see it as economic eviction.

    Unlike most areas, where the rich move in while the poor move out, the citizens of The City are extremely attached to their roots. They will unite and fight until the techies figure out that it's too cold there and move to somewhere else.

    Mark my words.

  3. #53
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,807

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Several reports of this incident have made the news, all trying to re-categorize the protesters as something other than leftist OWS types. This is not far different than the discussion on another thread concerning the Mozilla exec forced to resign.

    What are your thoughts as to this type of bullying by the extreme left?
    All protected under the 1A.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #54
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I would like you to give me ONE example of a conservative group harassing gays at their home, or the poor at their home in this fashion.....I don't think you can...So you are dismissed.
    St. Louis man charged with anti-gay harassment : News


    There ya go. First result out of hundreds of pages
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #55
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,675

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And the property damage here is? If the protestors damage private property, they are liable for it.
    So you don't see the fact that they temporarily rendered those buses unusable to be damage?? Seriously?? Paying for the damage they did does not mean that it was acceptable to do, in fact the fact that they should pay for it shows that it was in fact an illegal act. You don't get to burn down someone's house and then simply pay to have it rebuilt and walk away scott-free. You still broke the law and you should still be brought to justice for your actions.
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  6. #56
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    So you don't see the fact that they temporarily rendered those buses unusable to be damage?? Seriously?? Paying for the damage they did does not mean that it was acceptable to do, in fact the fact that they should pay for it shows that it was in fact an illegal act. You don't get to burn down someone's house and then simply pay to have it rebuilt and walk away scott-free. You still broke the law and you should still be brought to justice for your actions.
    That's why I said if they did cause property damage, then they are liable for it. Was that not clear? Befuddled somehow? I apologize if so.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #57
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Several reports of this incident have made the news, all trying to re-categorize the protesters as something other than leftist OWS types. This is not far different than the discussion on another thread concerning the Mozilla exec forced to resign.

    What are your thoughts as to this type of bullying by the extreme left?
    It's utterly ridiculous, self-defeating, and threatening. I remember watching TV when Rose was an intern, later turned co-host at Tech TV. This was a young man that earned every bit of respect and money he got. He went from being an intern at a small TV station to becoming a powerful force in the new web.

    These protesters did not know who this guy is.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 04-08-14 at 03:51 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'd agree that it's a rather pointless protest. But you get those in a free society where assembly and protest are protected. A consequence of freedom, we have to accept that silliness will ensue and so long as one acts within their rights, that's that. We can't really do anything against it.
    sure i can i can exercise my speech and critisize them.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    sure i can i can exercise my speech and critisize them.
    Alright, fair enough. If you think it's worth your time, then by all means proceed.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Alright, fair enough. If you think it's worth your time, then by all means proceed.
    it is evdently worth your time to support them.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •