Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 231

Thread: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

  1. #131
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If there are any left they would be Democrats. I've never heard of anyone but Democrats being in the KKK. Have you?
    David Duke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    1992 Republican Party presidential candidate

    In 1992 Duke ran for the nomination. Republican Party officials tried to block his participation.[71] He received 119,115 (0.94%) votes[72] in the primaries, but no delegates to the national convention. His presidential campaign inspired a song by Skankin' Pickle.[73]

    In 1992 a film was released that investigated Duke's appeal among some white voters. Backlash: Race and the American Dream explored the demagogic issues of Duke's platform, examining his use of black crime, welfare, affirmative action and white supremacy and tied Duke to a legacy of other white backlash politicians, such as Lester G. Maddox and George C. Wallace, Jr., and the use in the 1988 Presidential campaign of Pres. George H.W. Bush of these same racially themed hot buttons.[74]
    David Duke switched his party affiliation from Democrat to Republican.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    no one is booting them out. if they can't afford the rent then they have to move that is not booting people out.
    a landlord has a right to price his apartment at market level. it isn't up to the government to decide what he should charge for apartments.

    if his rent is to high for the building that people are moving into then people won't move in and he will be forced to lower it.
    more people moving in with high paying jobs will cause the prices to raise this is just basic economics.
    The people of San Francisco want a city that is economically diverse, not a place only for the rich and homeless only and they don't want people displaced. That is why they have rent control, eviction protections, a relatively high minimum wage, subsidized housing programs, requirements that a portion of a new residential buildings include affordable units, job training programs, local hiring requirements for government contractors, and preferences for small local businesses in government contracting. People who don't like economic and cultural diversity shouldn't live in San Francisco.

  3. #133
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    What changed with Senator Byrd? He was a Democrat while a KKK big wig and he remained a Democrat after he renounced his KKK beliefs. Those Southern Democrats sure weren't libertarians, nor where they supporters of the Republican Establishment, nor where they middle class executives who voted for Ike. They were classic Democrats, just like union members, except they didn't want to share the socialism spoils with negroes.
    Okay.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It was you who decided to post a photo of Democrats with a huge fire, hooded white robes and a burning cross. You seem to be the one who is anti Democrat.
    It is a photo of southern conservative whites with a huge fire, hooded white robes and a burning cross. He might not like conservatives.

  5. #135
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    The people of San Francisco want a city that is economically diverse, not a place only for the rich and homeless only and they don't want people displaced. That is why they have rent control, eviction protections, a relatively high minimum wage, subsidized housing programs, requirements that a portion of a new residential buildings include affordable units, job training programs, local hiring requirements for government contractors, and preferences for small local businesses in government contracting. People who don't like economic and cultural diversity shouldn't live in San Francisco.
    I support this 100% and not in any snide way. Good for them for experimenting. The only part of your comment which isn't supported by evidence is the part about valuing diversity. What would be better though is for San Franciscans to import people from Richmond and Oakland to boost their diversity.

    Last spring, Cal graduate student Mandy Johnson wrote a paper looking at why parents picked certain schools in the choice-based San Francisco district. . . .

    The top factors correlated with low demand were the prevalence of low-income students and - here's the really troubling one - race. Specifically, Johnson found, "as the percentage of African American students in the school increases, kindergarten demand decreases."

    By the way, for those assuming this is something that can be explained away by the interplay of race and poverty, it isn't. Johnson said she used a statistical tool called regression analysis, which allowed her to isolate factors such as income and skin color. For example, the researcher found no correlation between school choice and the number of Latino students, who are disproportionately lower-income. . . .

    "The bottom line is that many people do not feel comfortable sending their kids to a school with a lot of African American students," says Rosenberg, who has been at Starr King for 12 years, four as principal. "It's a crying shame. It's terrible. But it is a sad and obvious truth in our schools. And no one wants to touch it."

  6. #136
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    I support this 100% and not in any snide way. Good for them for experimenting. The only part of your comment which isn't supported by evidence is the part about valuing diversity. What would be better though is for San Franciscans to import people from Richmond and Oakland to boost their diversity.

    Last spring, Cal graduate student Mandy Johnson wrote a paper looking at why parents picked certain schools in the choice-based San Francisco district. . . .

    The top factors correlated with low demand were the prevalence of low-income students and - here's the really troubling one - race. Specifically, Johnson found, "as the percentage of African American students in the school increases, kindergarten demand decreases."

    By the way, for those assuming this is something that can be explained away by the interplay of race and poverty, it isn't. Johnson said she used a statistical tool called regression analysis, which allowed her to isolate factors such as income and skin color. For example, the researcher found no correlation between school choice and the number of Latino students, who are disproportionately lower-income. . . .

    "The bottom line is that many people do not feel comfortable sending their kids to a school with a lot of African American students," says Rosenberg, who has been at Starr King for 12 years, four as principal. "It's a crying shame. It's terrible. But it is a sad and obvious truth in our schools. And no one wants to touch it."
    Do you ever not race bait, or do you just look for an excuse?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #137
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It was you who decided to post a photo of Democrats with a huge fire, hooded white robes and a burning cross. You seem to be the one who is anti Democrat.
    You're the one who equates the Democrats of the past with the Democrats of now.

    As a result, I will accuse Republicans of wanting to punish the South for the Civil War because that's what the radicals of the time supported. Also, since Lincoln suspended habeus corpus and he was a Republican, I can only conclude that Republicans hate Constitutional rights. I would think that things have changed, but since you don't think so I won't give you the benefit of the doubt. You hate the Constitution, you hate rights, and you hate all Southerners and think they should be punished.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #138
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Do you ever not race bait, or do you just look for an excuse?
    I live for the opportunity of shoving leftists' faces into their own intolerance. If they want to prance around crowing about their love of diversity, then boy howdy, I'm happy to show them how to do it.

  9. #139
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,148

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    When those you perceive as "leftists" include actual conservatives, your pov is well out on the fringes.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Anti-Tech Protesters Target VC With Vulgar Flyer

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    David Duke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaDavid Duke switched his party affiliation from Democrat to Republican.
    And , as was said, the Republicans tried to block his nomination. Such was not the case with Robert Byrd. In fact he was given fine eulogies.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •