Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Navies of Iran, Pakistan to hold joint drill in Hormuz strait

  1. #41
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Navies of Iran, Pakistan to hold joint drill in Hormuz strait

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That sounds reasonable. What I don't see happening anytime soon is Pakistan coming to aid Iran against the US in case of a US attack on Iran. I don't think Pakistan is that foolish.
    Of course not. Pakistan is a country that values our relationship to the point where they let us bomb them, they aren't about to throw their rickety fleet to the bottom of the ocean for a war that Iran would lose.

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Navies of Iran, Pakistan to hold joint drill in Hormuz strait

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I think in each instance the activities of the countries are not the result of perceiving weakness on the part of Obama, but rather the result of US foreign policy that is perceived by those countries as either US encroachment on their sphere of influence right next to their borders, US interference in unresolved territorial disputes with other nations, or the imposition of harsh US sanctions that crippled a country's economy.

    In the case of Pakistan, it was forced by the US to engage in a war against people that they had been living with relatively peacefully before the US invasion of Afghanistan. I recall well how Pervez Musharraf pleaded that we urge our friends to wrap up their mission as soon as possible because it was causing Pakistan great difficulty. Instead the US keep up the pressure on Pakistan and eventually the relations turned to their current sour state. Pakistan's moves to create stronger ties with Iran should be seen in that light, rather than some perceived weakness on the part of Obama.

    I find it rather remarkable that at this time, people who purport to be patriots appear to be rather eager to paint the US as weak. It is amazing what people won't do to score political points.
    Of course they're cross, because we hamper their ability to harm freedom, around the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #43
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Navies of Iran, Pakistan to hold joint drill in Hormuz strait

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Of course not. Pakistan is a country that values our relationship to the point where they let us bomb them, they aren't about to throw their rickety fleet to the bottom of the ocean for a war that Iran would lose.
    Unless they think they could win. The Kaiser thought he could win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Navies of Iran, Pakistan to hold joint drill in Hormuz strait

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That sounds reasonable. What I don't see happening anytime soon is Pakistan coming to aid Iran against the US in case of a US attack on Iran. I don't think Pakistan is that foolish.
    Countries have done things before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Navies of Iran, Pakistan to hold joint drill in Hormuz strait

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course they're cross, because we hamper their ability to harm freedom, around the world.
    Your position is contradictory because while you claim to be the champion of freedom, you actually don't want others to be free to chose a destiny that is contrary to your set of values.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Navies of Iran, Pakistan to hold joint drill in Hormuz strait

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Countries have done things before.
    This is true, ourselves included. But I really don't think they are that foolish. Of course, if we were actually attacking both Pakistan and Iran at the same time, it would make sense.

  7. #47
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Navies of Iran, Pakistan to hold joint drill in Hormuz strait

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Your position is contradictory because while you claim to be the champion of freedom, you actually don't want others to be free to chose a destiny that is contrary to your set of values.
    Do I want to deny tyrrants to spread tyrrany? You're damn right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Navies of Iran, Pakistan to hold joint drill in Hormuz strait

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    This is true, ourselves included. But I really don't think they are that foolish. Of course, if we were actually attacking both Pakistan and Iran at the same time, it would make sense.
    You're making the dangerous assumption that everyone thinks the same way you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Navies of Iran, Pakistan to hold joint drill in Hormuz strait

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do I want to deny tyrrants to spread tyrrany? You're damn right!
    That's what everyone says.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Navies of Iran, Pakistan to hold joint drill in Hormuz strait

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're making the dangerous assumption that everyone thinks the same way you do.
    So are you saying that Pakistan will attack the US in case of a US attack on Iran?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •