Page 94 of 128 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1274

Thread: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

  1. #931
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Those things are an expense, but the costs is likely (don't know what the numbers are) outweighed by the benefits.
    I am glad that you understand that. So why did you lie by saying "The government does not add to the economy, everything they do is a drain on the economy"?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #932
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I am glad that you understand that. So why did you lie by saying "The government does not add to the economy, everything they do is a drain on the economy"?
    And today, how much of the highways bills actually pay for upgrades, and improvements? Remember, I log 3000 + miles per week.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #933
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I am glad that you understand that. So why did you lie by saying "The government does not add to the economy, everything they do is a drain on the economy"?
    Actually I jumped into the convo, I'm not the guy who said that.

    However, I would partially agree with him... These days, far too much of what the government does is an expense which is, at best, paired with a break-even benefit, and at worst, causes harm rather than helping.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #934
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    That's almost exactly what I said, except for the different parts. Well, if the property really is private, then it's the privatism that stirs the drink into capitalism.
    yes, but only because of the stable "free trade area" known as the markets of the US.

  5. #935
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And you are ignoring Supply and demand. You also have no understanding of human behavior. I assure you that will come with age and experience. Soon you are going to realize just how much you don't know.
    You claim that, but you only appeal to ignorance. I do take the laws of demand and supply seriously simply because all of the market friendly public policies I advocate for, subscribe to the theory of demand and supply and the assumption of perfectly competitive markets or full employment of resources.

    Why do you believe any private sector in the US would be worse off if every customer could not claim to be in poverty (of money)?

  6. #936
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Just like our Founders understood, so do I, power corrupts and lowering the tax burden is something many politicians don't understand and will never accept. Economic growth is something foreign to far too many. Most ignore that Reagan cut income taxes and increased income tax revenue by 60% because his policies generated 17 million new taxpayers. Seems you have no clue which comes from your youth and inexperienced. At your age you should listen more and post less.
    You may be missing the point; I am not advocating playing shell games with statism, but actually lowering our tax burden through simplification of public policies.

  7. #937
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'd like to ask Daniel in the simplest of analogies.

    If today I pay $2. For a loaf of bread.. and your dream of the treasury just ramping up the presses to flood the country with money and that same loaf of bread now costs $4.50 how is that better?
    It would be better if wages outpace inflation.

  8. #938
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And today, how much of the highways bills actually pay for upgrades, and improvements? Remember, I log 3000 + miles per week.
    fuel taxes pay for road infrastructure.

  9. #939
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    You claim that, but you only appeal to ignorance. I do take the laws of demand and supply seriously simply because all of the market friendly public policies I advocate for, subscribe to the theory of demand and supply and the assumption of perfectly competitive markets or full employment of resources.

    Why do you believe any private sector in the US would be worse off if every customer could not claim to be in poverty (of money)?
    No, sorry, you have no concept of supply and demand as evidenced by your thoughts about the govt. printing more money thus increasing the supply. What effect will that have on value? As for my ignorance I have already admitted that you are much smarter and superior to me. I only have a BS degree and 35 years experience in the business world dealing with real life not textbook problems including human behavior. I am sure your textbook education trumps that real life experience.

    You have yet to offer a solution to the poverty problem and how you propose to get every American above the poverty line which by the way would make these people upper middle class or upper class in many countries. Your inexperience and lack of real life experience is showing. You talk mumble jumble and say nothing which just shows your inability to comprehend the private sector economy and the vision of our Founders. How is that small central govt and part time legislature working out for us?

  10. #940
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    It would be better if wages outpace inflation.

    No problem, just print more money and give people a higher wage or pay them more money to be unemployed, that will certainly not cause inflation and will cause prices to drop, won't it?

Page 94 of 128 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •