Page 83 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1274

Thread: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

  1. #821
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because it is theory and doesn't always work the way the books say, humans are involved not robots.
    I am not sure I understand your position; why do you believe Persons would have more problems with voluntary social transactions that enable mutually beneficial trade?

  2. #822
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by newpublius View Post
    That which is seen. Of course the people who collect the proceeds from the claims of unemployment spend them. Sure, they can buy groceries and cars, pay rent, etc. What you're not seeing though is that the people paying the premiums are not able to do these things with the money.

    The government is not creating demand, it is transferring it.
    I am not sure why your line of reasoning is relevant in our Institution of money based markets. Why do you believe a private sector would be worse off with any increase on the circulation of money, to full employment of resources?

  3. #823
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    I agree to disagree. Basic economics can be self-taught with enough practice with money. Means testing and subsistence programs do nothing to teach people how to be the best Capitalists they can be. Consider a hypothetical where EBT cards could be used with financial planners as well.
    I asked you a question and you ignored it, where does the money come from to pay unemployment benefits and what effect does that have on the economy? Further why hasn't two years of unemployment insurance generated the theory based results?

  4. #824
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    I am not sure I understand your position; why do you believe Persons would have more problems with voluntary social transactions that enable mutually beneficial trade?
    Because you don't understand human nature at all. You are better with robots

  5. #825
    Educator newpublius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Riverdale, NJ
    Last Seen
    10-03-17 @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    714

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    I am not sure why your line of reasoning is relevant in our Institution of money based markets. Why do you believe a private sector would be worse off with any increase on the circulation of money, to full employment of resources?
    Its comments like these that show you have no idea what you're talking about. None. Nothing but unresponsive horse**** in that response.

  6. #826
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I asked you a question and you ignored it, where does the money come from to pay unemployment benefits and what effect does that have on the economy? Further why hasn't two years of unemployment insurance generated the theory based results?
    We have an official Mint at our disposal. A positive multiplier effect is an investment in the general welfare. Don't you believe in investing?

    Because money has to circulate to be effective.

  7. #827
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because you don't understand human nature at all. You are better with robots
    you say that; but it is only fallacy. why do you believe you are better with adults?

  8. #828
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by newpublius View Post
    Its comments like these that show you have no idea what you're talking about. None. Nothing but unresponsive horse**** in that response.
    It helps if you have a clue and a Cause.

    Why do you believe a private sector would be worse off with any increase on the circulation of money, to full employment of resources?

  9. #829
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    We have an official Mint at our disposal. A positive multiplier effect is an investment in the general welfare. Don't you believe in investing?

    Because money has to circulate to be effective.
    What effect does using that printing press have on the value of the money your parents have? Any idea how much we pay in debt service on that 17.3 trillion dollar debt and what that does to the economy. Still waiting for an answer to where the money comes from to pay for unemployment insurance? You don't really seem to have any idea especially if you think it is printed.

  10. #830
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What effect does using that printing press have on the value of the money your parents have? Any idea how much we pay in debt service on that 17.3 trillion dollar debt and what that does to the economy. Still waiting for an answer to where the money comes from to pay for unemployment insurance? You don't really seem to have any idea especially if you think it is printed.
    It depends on many factors; gains in productivity being one them.

Page 83 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •