Page 71 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1274

Thread: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

  1. #701
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So then, at the lower income strata, who would work?
    Everyone who wanted to make more than minimum wage.

    I think...danial really has odd word choices, so half the time I'm not sure what he's talking about.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #702
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Everyone who wanted to make more than minimum wage.

    I think...danial really has odd word choices, so half the time I'm not sure what he's talking about.
    Yes. He tries to speak in globalist intellectual pablum, but when pressed to elaborate I don't think he really understands much beyond the talking points, which is why he continually resorts to repeating the same phrases over and over.

    What he is alluding to I believe is the same sort of doctrinaire bull that is heard by globalist UN socialist trash that would love nothing more than to see rich nations of the earth redistribute their wealth through things like the carbon credit exchange.

    Daniel has little to no understanding of work, or what it takes to make a living and support himself, because as he answered already, he lives at home, doesn't work a job but rather gets an allowance from mom, and dad. Now, I don't point that out to disparage the young man, rather to highlight that we are trying to ultimately figure out not what he knows through experience, but likely what some socialist teacher has filled his head with. After all, Marxism always sounds good to the impressionable.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #703
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes. He tries to speak in globalist intellectual pablum, but when pressed to elaborate I don't think he really understands much beyond the talking points, which is why he continually resorts to repeating the same phrases over and over.

    What he is alluding to I believe is the same sort of doctrinaire bull that is heard by globalist UN socialist trash that would love nothing more than to see rich nations of the earth redistribute their wealth through things like the carbon credit exchange.

    Daniel has little to no understanding of work, or what it takes to make a living and support himself, because as he answered already, he lives at home, doesn't work a job but rather gets an allowance from mom, and dad. Now, I don't point that out to disparage the young man, rather to highlight that we are trying to ultimately figure out not what he knows through experience, but likely what some socialist teacher has filled his head with. After all, Marxism always sounds good to the impressionable.
    I'm still kinda confused by his one-time reference to "Keynesian supply-side economics."

    I mean..I'm by no means well-versed on economic theories, but as I understand it, Keynesian and supply-side are opposing theories.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #704
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I'm still kinda confused by his one-time reference to "Keynesian supply-side economics."

    I mean..I'm by no means well-versed on economic theories, but as I understand it, Keynesian and supply-side are opposing theories.
    All he is saying there is to redistribute wealth by using government to tax those with more, and give to those with less. Simple Marxism.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #705
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    All he is saying there is to redistribute wealth by using government to tax those with more, and give to those with less. Simple Marxism.
    but...haven't we been doing that for decades now?

    The hell?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #706
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    but...haven't we been doing that for decades now?

    The hell?
    Yes, and that is why he keeps saying that we already "have the Infrastructure in place" ... He simply wants to increase that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #707
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So then, at the lower income strata, who would work?
    In other words, you don't believe in the laws of demand and supply, my good Comrade.

  8. #708
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    At first glance your statement makes no sense.

    If I'm translating correctly, however, I suspect you're confirming my statement as an accurate summation of your position.

    Am I correct?
    It only doesn't make sense because you don't understand the concepts you are trying to debate.

    Why do you not believe in the laws of demand and supply?

    A form of minimum wage is a market based metric. Anyone who would want to earn more than that would be welcome to compete in the market for labor, for a potential efficiency wage and perchance, even a bonus, besides.

  9. #709
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Everyone who wanted to make more than minimum wage.

    I think...danial really has odd word choices, so half the time I'm not sure what he's talking about.
    words have meaning; either you comprehend them or you need to read up on the topic until it makes sense in that more cogent and concise manner.

  10. #710
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes. He tries to speak in globalist intellectual pablum, but when pressed to elaborate I don't think he really understands much beyond the talking points, which is why he continually resorts to repeating the same phrases over and over.

    What he is alluding to I believe is the same sort of doctrinaire bull that is heard by globalist UN socialist trash that would love nothing more than to see rich nations of the earth redistribute their wealth through things like the carbon credit exchange.

    Daniel has little to no understanding of work, or what it takes to make a living and support himself, because as he answered already, he lives at home, doesn't work a job but rather gets an allowance from mom, and dad. Now, I don't point that out to disparage the young man, rather to highlight that we are trying to ultimately figure out not what he knows through experience, but likely what some socialist teacher has filled his head with. After all, Marxism always sounds good to the impressionable.
    It is merely those of the opposing view who have problems with reading comprehension.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •