Page 61 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1274

Thread: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

  1. #601
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    521

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    When posting job gains threads, also post job losses. Otherwise job gains are meaningless. Also a breakdown of job/pay quality on both sides. Who cares about the gross number, its all about net. Anyone with a brain can deduce that if the jobs increased by almost 200,000 and the unemployment rate stays the same, the added jobs were a wash at best.

  2. #602
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The part daniel seems to miss, is that a sizable amount of generational welfare recipients will not, will never do what is necessary to make a living for themselves...Look at the attitude of people like daniel, Socialism? What is the main tennant of Socialism? 'From those who have, to those who have not'....That says nothing about a job.....
    I believe our elected representatives to government should not have to be burdened with anything more complicated than a form of minimum wage that simply compensates labor for being unemployed, in any at-will employment jurisdiction.

  3. #603
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Really?

    Well I still have no idea whether I disagree with you or not.
    I believe our elected representatives to government should not have to be burdened with anything more complicated than a form of minimum wage that simply compensates labor for being unemployed, in any at-will employment jurisdiction.

  4. #604
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, if I understand what you're getting at here, you think that to solve poverty, we should just print enough money to give everyone the average median income today...are you for real?
    I believe our elected representatives to government should not have to be burdened with anything more complicated than a form of minimum wage that simply compensates labor for being unemployed, in any at-will employment jurisdiction.

  5. #605
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Assessing your goldbergian prose and indiscriminate capitalization as sufficient Proof of said intention to divert eyes from omitted Reason adds fortuitous credence to your Otherwise spurious postulate.

    Clarity in communication implies intellect in ways exceeding expressions of supercilious sophistry.
    Nothing but fallacy for your Cause? Why am I not surprised.

    I believe our elected representatives to government should not have to be burdened with anything more complicated than a form of minimum wage that simply compensates labor for being unemployed, in any at-will employment jurisdiction.

  6. #606
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Nothing but fallacy for your Cause? Why am I not surprised.

    I believe our elected representatives to government should not have to be burdened with anything more complicated than a form of minimum wage that simply compensates labor for being unemployed, in any at-will employment jurisdiction.
    In other words....You believe in welfare which would force employers to pay enough to entice people to work instead of collecting a check.

  7. #607
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    In other words....You believe in welfare which would force employers to pay enough to entice people to work instead of collecting a check.
    My dear Comrade,

    Don't you believe in the laws of demand and supply in our objective and market based political-economic reality?

  8. #608
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    My dear Comrade,

    Don't you believe in the laws of demand and supply in our objective and market based political-economic reality?
    FYI If you couldn't tell, I **HATE** deconstructionsim and modernism. They're nothing more than a way for pretend intellectuals to wrap up weak ideas in indecipherable language.

    For example, what does the "our objective and market based political-economic reality" contribute to your idea? I It's like a language selfie. I mean, yes our political-economic reality is market based, but what does that have to do with objective? Obviously any reality would be by definition objective.

    As for the Comrade quip, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what you're saying.

  9. #609
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    FYI If you couldn't tell, I **HATE** deconstructionsim and modernism. They're nothing more than a way for pretend intellectuals to wrap up weak ideas in indecipherable language.

    For example, what does the "our objective and market based political-economic reality" contribute to your idea? I It's like a language selfie. I mean, yes our political-economic reality is market based, but what does that have to do with objective? Obviously any reality would be by definition objective.

    As for the Comrade quip, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what you're saying.
    Let me help you; Only true Communists don't believe in the laws of demand and supply.

  10. #610
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Let me help you; Only true Communists don't believe in the laws of demand and supply.
    So you're a communist?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •