Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 1274

Thread: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

  1. #51
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post


    Although I am happy for you that your circumstance is relatively well off, that doesn't comport with reality that most of the country is experiencing.
    But it does actually. Only 6.7% of the people currently looking for work cannot find it. Are you telling me today is worse than in 2008 or 2009?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    4 million registered Republicans stayed home and didn't vote.
    I've looked and cannot find a source on this and have even seen several sources which say Democrats have more registered voters than Republicans. Please source it and don't use the George W. Bush argument. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Regained every job? What planet do you live on?
    This one:

    The U.S. economy has reached a milestone: It has finally regained all the private-sector jobs it lost during the Great Recession.
    US Finally Regains The Jobs Lost In The Recession : NPR

    Are you going to deny facts now too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again, a perfect example of the distortions from the media and the left. When the recession began in December 2007
    But the beginning of a recession is not the height of it. Your argument is utterly absurd.

  2. #52
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I am curious why the article does not state how many jobless claims there were or new jobless claims.
    That was all the rate 9 years ago:
    U.S. unemployment rate rises to 5.8% in February - Mar. 7, 2003
    Largely because the two figures are entirely disconnected from one another. The Bureau doesn't take into account the number of UI recipients when calculating the unemployment rate. The number of claims can be found here: http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/eta/ui/current.htm

  3. #53
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How's the old saying go?....."Figures lie, and liars figure" or something like that....You want to buy blindly what is fed you go right ahead.
    It's the most reliable measure of labor market health we have to rely on. That you wish to cast it as propaganda is simply a product of your partisanship. The integrity of the BLS hasn't been compromised, but rather called into question out of sheer desperation.

  4. #54
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again, a perfect example of the distortions from the media and the left. When the recession began in December 2007 there were 146 million working Americans. Are there more or less working today? How about it, Slyfox? You can get the answer at BLS.gov, not the DNC website
    The Libbos will literally say anything to cover for Obama. Hell, they'd **** a snake, if they had to!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    It's the most reliable measure of labor market health we have to rely on. That you wish to cast it as propaganda is simply a product of your partisanship. The integrity of the BLS hasn't been compromised, but rather called into question out of sheer desperation.
    I always find it amusing those who simply disbelieve based on absolutely no evidence claim others are being blind.

    "I don't like how the facts don't conform to what I want to believe, so the facts are obviously made up. Why can't you see that!?"

  6. #56
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    But it does actually. Only 6.7% of the people currently looking for work cannot find it. Are you telling me today is worse than in 2008 or 2009?
    Yep. I don't think we are being told the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by a351
    It's the most reliable measure of labor market health we have to rely on. That you wish to cast it as propaganda is simply a product of your partisanship. The integrity of the BLS hasn't been compromised, but rather called into question out of sheer desperation.
    Call it what you wish. I don't trust the numbers being spun to us on a daily basis...That you believe the meme without question is also a measure of willing partisan blindness.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #57
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I always find it amusing those who simply disbelieve based on absolutely no evidence claim others are being blind.

    "I don't like how the facts don't conform to what I want to believe, so the facts are obviously made up. Why can't you see that!?"
    No "evidence" would change the mind of a true believer.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #58
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    But it does actually. Only 6.7% of the people currently looking for work cannot find it. Are you telling me today is worse than in 2008 or 2009?
    I've looked and cannot find a source on this and have even seen several sources which say Democrats have more registered voters than Republicans. Please source it and don't use the George W. Bush argument. Thanks.
    This one:


    US Finally Regains The Jobs Lost In The Recession : NPR

    Are you going to deny facts now too?
    But the beginning of a recession is not the height of it. Your argument is utterly absurd.
    Maybe you should learn how to use the internet.

    Republican Turnout in 2012 Less than 2008 and 2004 | The Gateway Pundit
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep. I don't think we are being told the truth.
    We lost 7.9 million jobs in the Great Recession. Are you telling me you think non-partisan CBO is pretending 8 million jobs exist?

    That you believe the meme without question is also a measure of willing partisan blindness.
    It appears you're trying to tell us 8 million jobs being reported don't exist and you're talking about willing partisan blindness?
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No "evidence" would change the mind of a true believer.
    Which explains your position perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Maybe you should learn how to use the internet.

    Republican Turnout in 2012 Less than 2008 and 2004 | The Gateway Pundit
    You say 4 million REGISTERED voters didn't vote. I saw that site, but it doesn't anything about REGISTERED voters, only that 3 million (not 4 million, your source incorrectly states Romney earned 57 million when he really earned 59 million votes) fewer people voted for Romney. It says nothing about registered voters, unless you're trying to tell me the Republican party didn't earn a single independent vote.

    You're wrong. You're wrong about this and you were wrong about private sector jobs. Just admit it.

    I know how to use the Internet just fine. I also know how to comprehend the data I read. Maybe you should learn both.
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 04-05-14 at 12:21 PM.

  10. #60
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    We lost 7.9 million jobs in the Great Recession. Are you telling me you think non-partisan CBO is pretending 8 million jobs exist?

    It appears you're trying to tell us 8 million jobs being reported don't exist and you're talking about willing partisan blindness?
    Which explains your position perfectly.
    Uh huh....

    "John Crudele at the New York Post has a report titled "Census ‘faked’ 2012 election jobs report."

    The allegation is interesting. It claims that surveyors conducting the Household Survey — which is what establishes the unemployment rate — were pressured to fake surveys in order to fill in data gaps, when it was difficult to get adequate response rates on its surveys.

    It also claims that instances of bad data being filled in is something that was going on back in 2010 — in other words, this is not a story about the infamous September 2012 jobs report. There's also no allegation here that there was pressure to manipulate the number up. The only claim is that there was pressure to fill in gaps where there was a shortfall in the number of survey respondents.

    snip

    The Census employee caught faking the results is Julius Buckmon, according to confidential Census documents obtained by The Post. Buckmon told me in an interview this past weekend that he was told to make up information by higher-ups at Census.

    Ironically, it was Labor’s demanding standards that left the door open to manipulation.

    Labor requires Census to achieve a 90 percent success rate on its interviews — meaning it needed to reach 9 out of 10 households targeted and report back on their jobs status.

    ...

    By making up survey results — and, essentially, creating people out of thin air and giving them jobs — Buckmon’s actions could have lowered the jobless rate.

    Buckmon said he filled out surveys for people he couldn’t reach by phone or who didn’t answer their doors.

    But, Buckmon says, he was never told how to answer the questions about whether these nonexistent people were employed or not, looking for work, or have given up."



    Read more: New York Post Report On Household Survey - Business Insider
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •