Page 57 of 128 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1274

Thread: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

  1. #561
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I came into this thread late, but it seems like you are being asked to define your concept, i.e. simple poverty, by now demanding that everyone understanding the new concept of the legal concept of employment at will.

    After defining your simple poverty concept, could you explain how this relates to employment at will?
    Only because the concept of employment at will is simple, and already exists as legal and physical infrastructure in our republic. Full employment of resources is also a concept you should understand.

    Solving simple poverty can be as easy as a form of minimum wage that compensates labor for being unemployed, in any of our at-will jurisdictions.

  2. #562
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Only because the concept of employment at will is simple, and already exists as legal and physical infrastructure in our republic. Full employment of resources is also a concept you should understand.

    Solving simple poverty can be as easy as a form of minimum wage that compensates labor for being unemployed, in any of our at-will jurisdictions.
    But...

    Unemployment already compensates labor for being unemployed. In fact that's one of the complaints some have about it.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #563
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    But...

    Unemployment already compensates labor for being unemployed. In fact that's one of the complaints some have about it.
    We only need one number for official unemployment purposes.

  4. #564
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    We only need one number for official unemployment purposes.
    What on earth are you talking about?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #565
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Only because the concept of employment at will is simple,
    It's simple enough, though with every post I become more convinced that you don't actually understand it.

    and already exists as legal and physical infrastructure in our republic.
    There is no infrastructure for at will employment, nor could there be. Give an example of your claim. (He won't, of course)

    Full employment of resources is also a concept you should understand.
    Since 100% employment of resources is impossible, what level would you consider to be "full?" And which resources? Labor, Capital, land?

    Solving simple poverty can be as easy as a form of minimum wage that compensates labor for being unemployed, in any of our at-will jurisdictions.
    You've never answered this before, but why only in at will jurisdictions?
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  6. #566
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?
    How many Ux numbers are there regarding unemployment numbers.

  7. #567
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    It's simple enough, though with every post I become more convinced that you don't actually understand it.

    There is no infrastructure for at will employment, nor could there be. Give an example of your claim. (He won't, of course)

    Since 100% employment of resources is impossible, what level would you consider to be "full?" And which resources? Labor, Capital, land?

    You've never answered this before, but why only in at will jurisdictions?
    What makes you say that? What is your understanding of that concept?

    Yes, the infrastructure already exists in our republic. Why do you believe you understand the issues?

    In any case, what excuse could any Person have for staying poor on an at-will basis, if they could no longer claim to in official poverty?

  8. #568
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    How many Ux numbers are there regarding unemployment numbers.
    Please provide a danielpalos to English translation.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #569
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Please provide a danielpalos to English translation.
    Sorry; you need to do some of your own research. Otherwise, you only make me realize you don't have a clue or a Cause.

    Here is one place to start.

    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm

  10. #570
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Sorry; you need to do some of your own research. Otherwise, you only make me realize you don't have a clue or a Cause.

    Here is one place to start.

    Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization
    I don't want research, I wanted to know what the hell you were trying to say.

    See, that's the problem I'm trying to get at here - your posts aren't communicating what you're trying to say.

    And you for some reason keep misunderstanding repeated requests for clarification as (apparently) counterpoints and/or requests for entirely different information.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •