Page 43 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1274

Thread: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

  1. #421
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You speak of concepts, yet you are unwilling to understand the concept that in "promoting the General Welfare" there are specific powers granted to do such even when they are spoon fed to you...That is called cognitive dissonance. Or, in short just plain ignorance.
    Projecting much?

    The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises,

    to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States;

    but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

  2. #422
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Projecting much?
    Good grief, how many times must you be told that "general welfare" doesn't mean public assistance, but rather is enumerated in Article 1 Section 8. ????? Laying taxes to raise, and supply an Army for example IS part of the enumerated powers that it can levy taxes for....Food Stamps is not....Just because there is an "act" or "a bill" doesn't make it constitutional automatically....We have for a long time been out of the scope of the constitution. That doesn't make it right.

    As for the "Uniform" language, that is an interesting point, and one that even you should be able to look at, and see in today's progressive rhetoric, where continually soaking the "rich" for more and more, is unconstitutional...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #423
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Good grief, how many times must you be told that "general welfare" doesn't mean public assistance, but rather is enumerated in Article 1 Section 8. ????? Laying taxes to raise, and supply an Army for example IS part of the enumerated powers that it can levy taxes for....Food Stamps is not....Just because there is an "act" or "a bill" doesn't make it constitutional automatically....We have for a long time been out of the scope of the constitution. That doesn't make it right.

    As for the "Uniform" language, that is an interesting point, and one that even you should be able to look at, and see in today's progressive rhetoric, where continually soaking the "rich" for more and more, is unconstitutional...
    Here are the general powers, specifically enumerated:

    to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States;
    Why do you believe what you do? In its national character, our federal government affects the People, directly.

  4. #424
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Here are the general powers, specifically enumerated:



    Why do you believe what you do? In its national character, our federal government affects the People, directly.
    Why do I believe what I do? Are you kidding? I pointed you to Article 1 Section 8, and you twist it to take one small portion of the introduction to the enumerated powers list, and then say that what you posted is the list? You can't be this misguided....I have laid it out, and I thought that I took care to lay it out so that even you could understand what was being said...I guess either you can't, or purposely don't want to understand it...Either way I am done trying to talk about this with you....You think the founders wanted to create a country dependent on government handouts then go right ahead thinking that, I don't know you, and couldn't care less if you want to go through life with that damned stupid line of thinking....My guess though is that once you grow up, support yourself, and learn how government really effects you personally, you'll change your tune...That's called maturing. Talk to ya then.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #425
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why do I believe what I do? Are you kidding? I pointed you to Article 1 Section 8, and you twist it to take one small portion of the introduction to the enumerated powers list, and then say that what you posted is the list? You can't be this misguided....I have laid it out, and I thought that I took care to lay it out so that even you could understand what was being said...I guess either you can't, or purposely don't want to understand it...Either way I am done trying to talk about this with you....You think the founders wanted to create a country dependent on government handouts then go right ahead thinking that, I don't know you, and couldn't care less if you want to go through life with that damned stupid line of thinking....My guess though is that once you grow up, support yourself, and learn how government really effects you personally, you'll change your tune...That's called maturing. Talk to ya then.
    No. I am not kidding. What you are claiming is that you only know how to appeal to ignorance instead of reason.

    Theses are the General powers delegated to our federal Congress, Specifically enumerated:

    to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States;

  6. #426
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    No. I am not kidding. What you are claiming is that you only know how to appeal to ignorance instead of reason.

    Theses are the General powers delegated to our federal Congress, Specifically enumerated:
    Do you think our Founders envisioned a 17.3 trillion dollar debt and 250 billion a year in debt service that helps no one? Do you think providing for the general welfare means creating dependence on the taxpayers for existence? All Congress has done is give themselves the power to keep their jobs forever due to people being dependent on them for a monthly taxpayer paycheck to live on. You do realize where the money comes from for the govt. programs, don't you?

  7. #427
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    No. I am not kidding. What you are claiming is that you only know how to appeal to ignorance instead of reason.

    Theses are the General powers delegated to our federal Congress, Specifically enumerated:

    It's hard not to address the ignorance being displayed here...Look, What you are quoting is the opening sentence of the article, the actual powers to do these things, or IOW, the ways that the government can act to "promote the general welfare" are laid out in the rest of the Article....Keep reading for Christ sake.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #428
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you think our Founders envisioned a 17.3 trillion dollar debt and 250 billion a year in debt service that helps no one? Do you think providing for the general welfare means creating dependence on the taxpayers for existence? All Congress has done is give themselves the power to keep their jobs forever due to people being dependent on them for a monthly taxpayer paycheck to live on. You do realize where the money comes from for the govt. programs, don't you?
    Our Founding Fathers merely enumerated sufficient Socialism, to pay the debts, and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States, not any Thing and every Thing, as the right would try to have us believe.

  9. #429
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It's hard not to address the ignorance being displayed here...Look, What you are quoting is the opening sentence of the article, the actual powers to do these things, or IOW, the ways that the government can act to "promote the general welfare" are laid out in the rest of the Article....Keep reading for Christ sake.
    There is no Appeal to Ignorance regarding our supreme law of the land.

    From Article 1, Section 8:

    to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States;
    Raising money for the general welfare is a power delegated to our federal Congress.

  10. #430
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Our Founding Fathers merely enumerated sufficient Socialism, to pay the debts, and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States, not any Thing and every Thing, as the right would try to have us believe.
    Paying what debt? You certainly didn't read what J-mac posted nor have you ever read the Constitution. It is going to be a real shock to your system when you grow up and realize what you have been posting here. Hope I am around to see the transformation. There are certain roles of the Federal Govt just like there are certain roles for the state and local governments. You don't seem to understand the roles of any of those governments.

Page 43 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •