Page 34 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1274

Thread: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

  1. #331
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Dude, corporate welfare even has paid for multi-million dollar bonuses.
    Corporate welfare is businesses keeping more of what they earn. Why do you care what someone else earns or pays in taxes? You seem to ignore the 3.9 TRILLION dollar govt Obama wants and the huge bonuses paid to govt. workers out of taxdollars. Interesting set of priorities you have here

  2. #332
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Corporate welfare is businesses keeping more of what they earn. Why do you care what someone else earns or pays in taxes? You seem to ignore the 3.9 TRILLION dollar govt Obama wants and the huge bonuses paid to govt. workers out of taxdollars. Interesting set of priorities you have here
    A bailout of the private sector is a bailout of the private sector; you all only seem to have a problem when the least wealthy get bailed out. Did you miss the concept?

  3. #333
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    A bailout of the private sector is a bailout of the private sector; you all only seem to have a problem when the least wealthy get bailed out. Did you miss the concept?
    It's not governments money. It's ours.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #334
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It's not governments money. It's ours.
    So, why complain only when the least wealthy may receive some benefit?

  5. #335
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    I think it's cute how you keep managing to foul up quoting me properly, yet manage to quote everyone else just fine. If one was a skeptic, one might think it was being done on purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is why things are better at the state level rather than the one size fits all Federal programs you and others promote
    Once more, you post an unrelated comment to something you cannot debate.

    My ideology promotes individual responsibility, neighbor helping neighbor, and social programs residing where they belong, at the state and local level. Any politician that promotes those has my support. You don't seem to understand the concept. As stated and you ignored, we have a Lesbian, Democrat Mayor of Houston who is fiscally conservative and as a result has bipartisan support including mine. Social issues aren't the responsibility of the Federal Govt. except to promote an atmosphere that assists in solving those kind of problems meaning people helping others not the govt. bureaucrats.
    And, again, you're ducking the issue. You tried to pass yourself off as an open minded voter because you voted for Democrats long ago. But the illusion was ruined once one looks at how you're not really open minded to different ideas so much as you just changed the letter for whom you vote. That's the point.

    Keep singing the same old song and believing the liberal rhetoric and I will continue to give you the same answers until they finally sink in
    But you're posting things which have been disproven. It's that simple.

    LOL, I contributed to SS for 35 years and you claim I don't know how it works?
    Yes, because it is clear you do not. Heck, you referred to it as an investment.

    You have a very high opinion of yourself which just covers up your own insecurities.
    No, I just take the time to research my facts before I post them.

    SS was designed as a supplement but it never was intended to be used and it certainly wasn't intended for a sole retirement program. It is the govt. that creates inflation, not the private sector as the govt. produces nothing really of value thus creating more workers than there are products driving up cost.
    Again I implore you to research how Social Security really works.

    It was the govt. that created those entitlements and forcing people to contribute.
    Because it was necessary to promote the general welfare of its citizens.

    It is you that doesn't seem to understand the concept.
    Given your lack of understanding over something as basic as Social Security, it would be in your best interest to not cast accusations about what others understand.

    Your 80 year old grandfather was forced to contribute and is not entitled to his money back withe a return on investment for that contribution
    Once more, research what Social Security is. Thank you.

    No, it is you that doesn't understand the budget process at all, there was NO Bush Budget, but there was a budget proposal from Bush that was rejected.
    I understand the budget process just fine. I also understand removing billions of dollars which had already been promised would have resulted in a shock to the economy which would have destroyed it.

    Obama inherited a $1.2 trillion deficit. For you to claim otherwise is little more than silly partisanship and a complete lack of interest in the reality of the situation.

    See above
    No. Because it was silly partisanship which has no place in a legitimate discussion.

    The fact is, under Obama, we've cut the deficit in half, recovered every private sector job lost from the effects of the recession, grown GDP and have a booming stock market. No amount of partisan comments will change those facts.

    There in lies the problem, why are people forced to contribute to any govt. program and get nothing out of it? If this is what you truly believe then it is very sad. Do you have any idea how much people and businesses give to the govt. for SS. You don't think people should get that back?
    It's irrelevant what you or I think SHOULD happen, it doesn't change the fact Social Security is not a retirement fund like you seem to think it is. It doesn't change the fact you seem to have basically no idea how Social Security works, nor does it change the fact that a widow is not entitled to anything from Social Security because her husband died. And it doesn't change the fact the government borrows against the Social Security Trust Fund to protect it.

    With all due respect, Conservative, while we both know you do little more than engage in partisan posting, you at least sometimes attempt to use real facts/stats to support your position. But, in this case, it's clear you don't understand the basic structure behind Social Security, regardless of how many years you've paid into it (which is completely irrelevant anyways). All it will take is a little Google research and you'll understand why your comments regarding Social Security have been rather nonsensical. I know you usually at least want to support your partisan posting with facts, so do your homework on this.

    Look up the definition of Personal responsibility and then cut out that definition and post it where you see it every day. I lived and worked through both so it is you that doesn't understand the two nor do you understand leadership
    More useless comments which do not respond to anything I said. You can't avoid the truth, no matter how often you "accidentally" quote me incorrectly or how often you post useless rhetoric when confronted with facts.

  6. #336
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    A bailout of the private sector is a bailout of the private sector; you all only seem to have a problem when the least wealthy get bailed out. Did you miss the concept?
    I am a firm believer in neighbor helping neighbor and have never known the Federal govt. to be an efficient neighbor. People like you always want the Federal Govt. to take on social issues, why is that? the answer to your social problems rest in your own community where you can go over and beat on your local Representatives door. You don't seem to understand that concept.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    So, why complain only when the least wealthy may receive some benefit?
    What benefit exactly do you believe the "less wealthy" receive from the Federal Govt. that they cannot get better from the state and local govt? You don't seem to understand the concept of personal responsibility as well as the slush fund for federal bureaucrats

  8. #338
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I think it's cute how you keep managing to foul up quoting me properly, yet manage to quote everyone else just fine. If one was a skeptic, one might think it was being done on purpose.Once more, you post an unrelated comment to something you cannot debate. And, again, you're ducking the issue. You tried to pass yourself off as an open minded voter because you voted for Democrats long ago. But the illusion was ruined once one looks at how you're not really open minded to different ideas so much as you just changed the letter for whom you vote. That's the point.But you're posting things which have been disproven. It's that simple.Yes, because it is clear you do not. Heck, you referred to it as an investment. No, I just take the time to research my facts before I post them. Again I implore you to research how Social Security really works.Because it was necessary to promote the general welfare of its citizens. Given your lack of understanding over something as basic as Social Security, it would be in your best interest to not cast accusations about what others understand.Once more, research what Social Security is. Thank you.I understand the budget process just fine. I also understand removing billions of dollars which had already been promised would have resulted in a shock to the economy which would have destroyed it.Obama inherited a $1.2 trillion deficit. For you to claim otherwise is little more than silly partisanship and a complete lack of interest in the reality of the situation.No. Because it was silly partisanship which has no place in a legitimate discussion. The fact is, under Obama, we've cut the deficit in half, recovered every private sector job lost from the effects of the recession, grown GDP and have a booming stock market. No amount of partisan comments will change those facts.It's irrelevant what you or I think SHOULD happen, it doesn't change the fact Social Security is not a retirement fund like you seem to think it is. It doesn't change the fact you seem to have basically no idea how Social Security works, nor does it change the fact that a widow is not entitled to anything from Social Security because her husband died. And it doesn't change the fact the government borrows against the Social Security Trust Fund to protect it.With all due respect, Conservative, while we both know you do little more than engage in partisan posting, you at least sometimes attempt to use real facts/stats to support your position. But, in this case, it's clear you don't understand the basic structure behind Social Security, regardless of how many years you've paid into it (which is completely irrelevant anyways). All it will take is a little Google research and you'll understand why your comments regarding Social Security have been rather nonsensical. I know you usually at least want to support your partisan posting with facts, so do your homework on this.More useless comments which do not respond to anything I said. You can't avoid the truth, no matter how often you "accidentally" quote me incorrectly or how often you post useless rhetoric when confronted with facts.
    Sorry, but you are an absolute waste of time. I do suggest a reading comprehension course because when you say I don't understand something you actually show your reading comprehension problem. Let me see if I can say it a little louder for you. SOCIAL SECURITY WAS INTENDED TO BE A SUPPLEMENT AND NOT SOLE RETIREMENT. Far too many today have it as their sole retirement and those benefits put them below the poverty level. If you simply took the money you contributed to SS and your employers, put it in a simple untouchable savings account you would be shocked at how much you would have vs what you get in a monthly annuity and that money would belong to your family. The rest of your post is nothing but garbage. The Federal Budget runs from October to September and to claim that Bush had a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit that he was leaving Obama is typical liberal re-writing history. There was NO BUSH BUDGET, but the actual projection included the 750 billion TARP which wasn't even spent but was a loan and not a expense.

  9. #339
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am a firm believer in neighbor helping neighbor and have never known the Federal govt. to be an efficient neighbor. People like you always want the Federal Govt. to take on social issues, why is that? the answer to your social problems rest in your own community where you can go over and beat on your local Representatives door. You don't seem to understand that concept.
    Yes, simply because the left understands that the power to provide for the general welfare involves income transfers. Why not actually solve our social dilemmas instead of waging wars on them?

  10. #340
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What benefit exactly do you believe the "less wealthy" receive from the Federal Govt. that they cannot get better from the state and local govt? You don't seem to understand the concept of personal responsibility as well as the slush fund for federal bureaucrats
    In this case, it is about both federal and State governments not faithfully executing our own laws.

Page 34 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •